Jerry Sullivan: Ralph Wilson Was A Cheapskate

I would like to know how many members have ever been to the Hospice Campus on Como Park Blvd in Cheektowaga to pay a visit to a very ill family member and or friend? Mr.Wilson is still taking care of the very ill.WTF  has Sullivan ever done for our community?????? NOTHING!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Misterbluesky said:

I would like to know how many members have ever been to the Hospice Campus on Como Park Blvd in Cheektowaga to pay a visit to a very ill family member and or friend? Mr.Wilson is still taking care of the very ill.WTF  has Sullivan ever done for our community?????? NOTHING!!!!!!!!

In defense of Jerry - he was making a professional critique, not a personal one.  He was saying Ralph was cheap as an owner - not as a philanthropist

1 hour ago, BuffaloRush said:

In defense of Jerry - he was making a professional critique, not a personal one.  He was saying Ralph was cheap as an owner - not as a philanthropist

Jerry has a very well earned reputation as a complete jerk. He made low down pole cat stinky belly crawling worm of a man personal insults for years and  years.

Just thought that was worth a mention.

I wonder if ole' Josh Barnett will pop into this thread at any point? :)

Sorry but just because someone has passed doesn’t make the immune to professional criticism. 

Well, I don't think that is a rule exactly.

But I guess it is true. You got your Hitler, Mao, Stalin, and so on.

But usually it isn't about some guy who owned a football team, if you understand me.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Is Sullivan wrong?

Ralph Wilson could have cared less about the  ON THE FIELD PRODUCT, meaning Wilson was one the worst on the field owners in the history of sports. FACT.

Just think how bad it would have been if Thurman didn't exist. How many playoff appearances does this organization have without him?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PolishDave said:

It's very classy insulting dead people who did great things for their community during their lifetimes.

GROW UP!

Stating reality is not "insulting the dead".  Ralph WAS a cheapskate fact is fact.  

Ralph was the main reason for the 17 year drought.

You must have gone to a school where everyone always got a trophy - jeeeez.

Edited by cd1
  • Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Jerry has a very well earned reputation as a complete jerk. He made low down pole cat stinky belly crawling worm of a man personal insults for years and  years.

Just thought that was worth a mention.

I wonder if ole' Josh Barnett will pop into this thread at any point? :)

Anyways no point complaining here really. If you want to you can call or email Jerry to show support or whatever

Well, I don't think that is a rule exactly.

But I guess it is true. You got your Hitler, Mao, Stalin, and so on.

But usually it isn't about some guy who owned a football team, if you understand me.

Again, it’s a professional critique.  It happens all the time in sports and many of you have done the same exact thing.  He didn’t say that Ralph was a bad person.  He questions his philosophy when it came to decision making

Edited by BuffaloRush

ralph got rid of/made impossible to stay all the best coaches AND gms with the exc being marv. The two biggest blunders were driving Chuck Knox and Bill Polian out of town. Saban was kind of a weird guy so you cant completely blame that on him.

Edited by Tcali
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

13 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Again, it’s a professional critique.  It happens all the time in sports and many of you have done the same exact thing.  He didn’t say that Ralph was a bad person.  He questions his philosophy when it came to decision making

What is the actual point of this article?  Why did he write it now? 

A professional critique is appropriate pisthumously?  How?  Can Ralph take it to heart and become a better owner?  Sullivan is just a looooooooooooser trying to stir the pot.  

29 minutes ago, cd1 said:

GROW UP!

Stating reality is not "insulting the dead".  Ralph WAS a cheapskate fact is fact.  

Ralph was the main reason for the 17 year drought.

You must have gone to a school where everyone always got a trophy - jeeeez.

1) You don't know **** about me dickbag - keep pretending you do though

2) If you think you are classy by insulting a dead man who did you a favor when he was alive - well then you really are a dickbag

Keep doin you - cuz you are super cool 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

What is the actual point of this article?  Why did he write it now? 

A professional critique is appropriate pisthumously?  How?  Can Ralph take it to heart and become a better owner?  Sullivan is just a looooooooooooser trying to stir the pot.  

He didn't write the article.  It was a comment he made on the Tim Graham Show, after hearing a clip of OJ Simpson talk about Ralph not wanting to give players raises for winning

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

He didn't write the article.  It was a comment he made on the Tim Graham Show, after hearing a clip of OJ Simpson talk about Ralph not wanting to give players raises for winning

So the paragon of virtue OJ's recording prompted the vaunted journalist to pulverize the horrendous former owner.  Got it.  Classy move.

BTW did the Bills finish last in the AFC East for years in a row as he emphatically stated they would?

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

So the paragon of virtue OJ's recording prompted the vaunted journalist to pulverize the horrendous former owner.  Got it.  Classy move.

BTW did the Bills finish last in the AFC East for years in a row as he emphatically stated they would?

That wasn't a Jerry Sullivan quote.  It was a quote from a source is from the ProFootballTalk article. 

The Bills didn't finish last, but they did finish pretty close to last.   The source was right

10 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Um, what about the SB years when there was no cap? I was super young but I don’t think Kelly, Bruce, Thurman, Reed, etc were cheap.

Story says that he changed during the Super Bowl years.

I've always used the Super Bowl years as an argument against the "cheapness" reasoning. But Sully makes sense here. I'm changing my mind today. I guess I believe it.

It's always been obvious he wouldn't spend when the team was bad, which made some sense. But a couple of teams through the years were handicapped by personnel problems that could've been alleviated.

I'll always respect him for keeping the Bills in Buffalo and for his charity support. But I don't like this.

Sorry but just because someone has passed doesn’t make the immune to professional criticism. 

This. 

When you become a public figure you have to expect criticism.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

That wasn't a Jerry Sullivan quote.  It was a quote from a source is from the ProFootballTalk article. 

The Bills didn't finish last, but they did finish pretty close to last.   The source was right

Wtf?  If I predicted the Bills to finish first and they finished second, would I be right?  

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Wtf?  If I predicted the Bills to finish first and they finished second, would I be right?  

Now you're playing semantics.  The argument was that the Bills would not be competitive until they spent money on a real coach and GM.  That quote was from 2010 and the Bills didn't make the playoffs until 2017 - like I said, he wasn't wrong

8 hours ago, QCity said:

Nonsense. This accounting decision had very little to do with the playoff drought. 

Thanks for the sarcasm. I like that.

Go to a high end steak restaurant like Mike Ditka's and try to buy a steak meal for two for $100.00

Then try to buy that same meal with $50.00

You will be at a McDonalds drive thru before the waiter brings the water while your friends eat well at Ditka's.

Edited by cba fan

Actually, 'death', by definition, makes you immune to pretty much everything... What it won't stop, is hacks with nothing better to do from taking shots at you..

I'm done taking shots at R.C.W.  He came... He did his thing... He's gone.... Ralph probably did more good than all his detractors did if you put them together.

Now, the spotlight belongs to Terry and Kim.