Sal C: Broncos Love Mason Rudolph

1 hour ago, SouthNYfan said:

Yeah, I think defensively, while playmakers are great to have, a defense with good, solid talent and great coaching can be top5 without any true elite players.

Offensively you need talent though, the kitchen sink approach doesn't quite work they're, it's why diva WRs get paid booku bucks to act like morons as long as they put up #s

I agree but when you look at NE or NO or Phily, or Carolina, even the Viks. They don't have talent all over the offense. They have a great system. NE usually has crap everywhere except QB and TE. I'm beginning to think they'll take Rudolph. I think they'll lose more than they win if he starts as a rookie but I think they believe in the long run, if you get the LT, C, QB and TE positions right everything else can be system players. Even receivers.

Edited by CuddyDark
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

I agree but when you look at NE or NO or Phily, or Carolina, even the Viks. They don't have talent all over the offense. They have a great system. NE usually has crap everywhere except QB and TE. I'm beginning to think they'll take Rudolph. I think they loss more than they win if he starts as a rookie but I think they believe in the long run, if you get the LT, C, QB and TE positions right everything else can be system players. Even receivers.

Ne definitely has good receivers

Philly went and got Jeffrey and has a good te also, and a solid running game

A great offensive system still needs some high end talent

Defense can be elite with a pupu platter

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

Are the going to require guys to bring bag lunches and drive 1997 Toyota Camrys too?

(Sorry I couldn't resist the snark. I agree they are willing to take a B- talent with an A+ personality over a A+ talent with a C+ personality. The question is where they draw the line at talent vs personality, you know what I mean?)

A=Talent, B=personality/fit I don't believe they weight P/F more than talent...What's important is that they aren't Like Dareus/Watkins and A Talents and D/F on other.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This is what I was talking about yesterday when I said he's an Ace interviewer.  Not camera shy at all.  Notice he said teams (plural) have asked him not to speak.  So there are certainly some teams that really like him and he may go ahead of where some of us think he should go because all we have are the talking head's top 6 QBs.  Like I said, teams may not rank them the same, especially after interviews.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

This is what I was talking about yesterday when I said he's an Ace interviewer.  Not camera shy at all.  Notice he said teams (plural) have asked him not to speak.  So there are certainly some teams that really like him and he may go ahead of where some of us think he should go because all we have are the talking head's top 6 QBs.  Like I said, teams may not rank them the same, especially after interviews.

Wouldn't be shocked if some teams have Rudolph 3rd.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I am only saying that his arm is weaker than Rosen's, Allen's and Darnold's, but I don't believe that equates to "dish rag arm".  At least in my opinion, his arm is not too weak, just not as strong as those 3 have.  

Rosen and Allen have *some* experience under center, but I think both played plenty from the shotgun.

I am not campaigning to draft Mason Rudolph, but I do think he is a better prospect than some here think he is.  Who is right, of course, will only known in 2-3 years.  I would not be surprised if Rudolph is picked in round one or early round 2.  

Fair enough and this is fair analysis. My pet peeve is when people use once in a lifetime outliers to prove a point, so sorry if I came off as a jerk. I think he is a 3rd-4th round prospect but will go in the second. Especially if teams like the Giants and Broncos pass on quarterbacks in the first. 

On 3/29/2018 at 9:20 AM, Buffalo Bills Detective said:

Good.  They can have him.

Name for me please the last QB to come from the OK State system and go on to have a successful career in the NFL as a franchise QB.  I'll be waiting.

Then why does Denver want him? Rothlisburger came from Miami (oh)...are they known for producing star qb's?

Edited by Misterbluesky