Did Mills sabotage Peterman's start due to his anger over TT benching?

7 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

And Peterman threw 5 picks, and got a concussion in his second game... So their goes your durability argument.

So now you're arguing a point on the behalf of an argument you don't even believe in.

I'll take my chances with Rosen, any game, any situation over Peterman.

Peterman in LA getting hurt wouldn't have hurt the team. It wouldn't in any situation when you are throwing 5 picks. So was your point then that Peterman would be the better option in LA because Rosen might have gotten hurt? Despite the fact that his healthy half of football was potentially the worst half of QB play since the merger?

Peterman wasn’t injured in the SD game and what does 5 picks have to do with durability?

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

McDermott wasn't unpleased with the performance because he's a stubborn SOB and wouldn't admit he made a clear mistake in benching Tyrod for a guy who definitely wasn't ready. 

"I don't regret the decision, I regret the result." ?

This thread is incredible.

Is it possible that the offensive line(And Castillo)and Peterman all suck? 

He's said a bunch of positive things beyond this, and even after the game he was reluctant to name Taylor the starter. It was shocking to the entire NFL - don't you remember that?

The difference between the line and Peterman is that you've seen the offensive line for several years now. It's a group that helped Taylor lead the league in sacks in 2016; it' includes two starters that the entire NFL rejected.

Meanwhile, you have literally no track record to draw conclusions on Peterman and doing so over 30 minutes and a blizzard exposes you as a fool.

27 minutes ago, ALF said:

If Peterman can develop into a solid backup that would be great. He would need a rock solid OL to have a chance. I'll be rooting for him . 

They Bills already have a solid backup guy in McCarron. I'm hoping for a 1st round QB who can be the franchise level guy the team needs to thrive. 

19 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They Bills already have a solid backup guy in McCarron. I'm hoping for a 1st round QB who can be the franchise level guy the team needs to thrive. 

First off  - There is no guarantee the Bills will select a "top prospect" QB  in round 1

• There is no guarantee he will be a franchise guy.  
  • 3/4 of the "QB experts" who love "their guy"  will immediately hate the selection 

Next - 

Please enlighten us (in detail) why AJ can't be the starter in Buffalo?

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

What's your point? That McDermott refused to admit he made a mistake by starting Peterman? As I said, he just came off like a stubborn SOB refusing to admit a mistake. 

Peterman had one game in which he was absolutely terrible. Beyond terrible. You don't play in this league as a QB turning the ball over. He turned the ball over because he lacks zip on his throws. Not sure how we blame that on the offensive line.... you saw the same issues in the last series of that Jacksonville playoff game which led to the game ending interception. 

I agree the offensive line and Juan Castillo are an issue(an remain an issue), but I'd bet a whole lot of money Peterman is a career back up. 

Mills and Ducasse are terrible. That was the main issue. If they  want a pocket passer, they better upgrade the line significantly.

Edited by Sky Diver

Just now, Sky Diver said:

Mills and Ducasse are terrible. That was the main issue. If you want a pocket passer, they better upgrade the line significantly.

AJM is a pocket passer whom you expressed high hopes for in 2018 for some unknown reason. 

Peterman and McCarron were 5th rd picks , not expecting a lot but the Bills are way overdue to get lucky. They might take a beating till the OL is better. I would not want to put a rookie behind them . 

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

What's your point? That McDermott refused to admit he made a mistake by starting Peterman? As I said, he just came off like a stubborn SOB refusing to admit a mistake. 

Peterman had one game in which he was absolutely terrible. Beyond terrible. You don't play in this league as a QB turning the ball over. He turned the ball over because he lacks zip on his throws. Not sure how we blame that on the offensive line.... you saw the same issues in the last series of that Jacksonville playoff game which led to the game ending interception. 

I agree the offensive line and Juan Castillo are an issue(an remain an issue), but I'd bet a whole lot of money Peterman is a career back up. 

My point was this: It is absurd for anyone to make a confirmation about what they know or don't know about Nate Peterman based on the San Diego game and beyond that, the blizzard. About 75% of the "fans" here are point blank being stupid about this.  My point was that the Head Coach did MORE than just not admit to making a mistake; what he saw in the game was leading him to at least consider playing Peterman more.

Again - that is based on game tape, on what the coaches had instructed him to do and how he tried to implement those instructions. Neither you, nor anyone on this board can possibly know what happened - but the HC does. It says a TON to me. I'm not willing in any way, shape or form to create an opinion on Nate Peterman but it strikes me that some pretty smart people at 1BD have done so. I'll go with that for now.

I'll agree that he lacked zip - often that was because of his position in the pocket. It was a terrible game for a young man, but young men do poorly on occasion. I agree the offensive line played incredibly badly. Dawkins was almost as bad as Mills in that game and I think that young man is way, WAY the f over his head at LT. And the talent level is actually worse starting this year than it was last year after the draft. And not by a little bit.

The offensive line play last year the last three years is the single reason I think trading up is dangerous. If you put a rookie - especially, an immobile rookie - behind that line he's going to get killed. If we try and play AJM with that line we could actually be the Browns. Giving up 12/22/54/56 ... just tragic.  

Those are pretty consistently my thoughts on the Bills.

8 minutes ago, ALF said:

Peterman and McCarron were 5th rd picks , not expecting a lot but the Bills are way overdue to get lucky. They might take a beating till the OL is better. I would not want to put a rookie behind them . 

A bit of trivia

Ty-Rod was a 6th rd pick and Fitz a 7th  

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

AJM is a pocket passer whom you expressed high hopes for in 2018 for some unknown reason. 

Only pocket passer have long term success. They need to OL help for AJ, or any pocket passer you plug in.

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Nate sucks, Tyrod was horrid in 4 of his 16 games and I do mean horrid.  AJ isn't any good and every QB "prospect" has issues !!

WE'RE DOOMED I tell ya doomed!!!! 

JOE WEBB!!!  Right under our noses and nobody see's it.....Unleash this beast!

• Haha (+1) 1

Does this mean that Bennie Anderson was mad when Losman was playing instead of Holcomb in 2005?

Kidding aside, I doubt it.   I just think that he was completely out classed by two really good players.     After watching the video he says "he literally didnt block me"  Doesn't mean the same as "he didn't even try to block me"

These players are professionals and trying to maintain their career.     If it ever got out that he let a player walk by him to hit a quarterback, his career would be instantly done.   Mills is a bad player but not a stupid one.

Edited by dgrochester55
Edited after watching video

I don't know if it was intentional but I do recall Mills being especially brutal that day. Bosa and Ingram were flying right by him, seemed like anyone else that lined up across from him was able to do the same. Mills is especially bad against speed rushers.