Will we see a Gronk / Tre' White Rule?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/27/nfl-gives-officiating-office-authority-to-eject-players-remotely/

Ejections are no longer at the sole discretion of the on-field officials.

The NFL’s owners voted today on a new rule that authorizes a designated member of the officiating department to instruct on-field game officials to eject a player who commits “a flagrant non-football act,” if a foul for that act is called on the field.

That would allow for ejections in cases like Buccaneers receiver Mike Evans shoving Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore, and Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski jumping on Bills cornerback Tre'Davious White. In those cases, Evans and Gronkowski got 15-yard penalties, but not ejections.

Now the league office has the authority to step in and tell the officials to kick a player out of the game in a situation like that. Which means we could see more ejections in 2018.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Gronks hit deserved an ejection. 

Talk about unprotected player. (sorry if I got the term wrong). 

That makes me wonder ... is Travis Henry the most unprotected NFL player of all time?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I see the targeting rule abused in college games so I am not for that. I watched one game where two guys were ejected on completely incidental hits. Both hits didn't even deserve a flag, much less getting ejected for.

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

I see the targeting rule abused in college games so I am not for that. I watched one game where two guys were ejected on completely incidental hits. Both hits didn't even deserve a flag, much less getting ejected for.

makes you wonder if "trash taking" was involved    -  then there is the judgement of "intent" 

38 minutes ago, Gugny said:

That makes me wonder ... is Travis Henry the most unprotected NFL player of all time?

he's not the only one that has 7, 8, or 9 baby mama's 

They actually just passed that rule today. Now an official off the field can tell the referee that the personal foul which was called was deemed to be an act "outside of football", and can eject the player. This is exactly the rule reacting to Gronk's hit. Anyone could see it was flagrant, illegal, and borderline criminal in nature. He would have been ejected for sure!

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

makes you wonder if "trash taking" was involved    -  then there is the judgement of "intent" 

There was no trash talking after those specific plays. They did not appear to intend to target.

5 minutes ago, MJS said:

There was no trash talking after those specific plays. They did not appear to intend to target.

so a "judgement" call    Not a fan then 

more examples of these hits 

http://www.nfl.com/m/share?p=%2Fvideos%2Fup-to-the-minute%2F0ap3000000923374%2FChanges-have-been-made-to-flagrant-foul-rule

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000923376/article/comp-committee-in-talks-for-potential-targeting-rule

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Any official on or off the field can call for an ejection for the blindside hits even when seen on the Jumbotron replays.  :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Im liking a rule that punishes a player on YOUR team if they sit and watch a fellow team mate get laid out like that and do NOTHING

Lol.   You &3&5$3!93&    :lol:

23 hours ago, mannc said:

Gonzales was a great receiving TE, but Gronkowski was/is simply unstoppable.  For a decade or more, he’s been the dominant non-QB on the greatest NFL dynasty of all time.  (God, it hurts to write that.)  Gonzalez put up great career receiving numbers, but he never won squat and he never impacted the game like Gronkowski.

I cannot argue against your points.
But i still feel Tony was the better Football player overall.

Stats be damned :P

7 hours ago, Virgil said:

Hopefully they retroactively suspend his ass

I think they ( NFL ) has suggested he retire his ways. and just retire. 

6 hours ago, ajmac said:

They actually just passed that rule today. Now an official off the field can tell the referee that the personal foul which was called was deemed to be an act "outside of football", and can eject the player. This is exactly the rule reacting to Gronk's hit. Anyone could see it was flagrant, illegal, and borderline criminal in nature. He would have been ejected for sure!

I am glad they have adopted such a rule. lets hope they make proper use of it. NFL needs to turn that crap around.

4 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

I am glad they have adopted such a rule. lets hope they make proper use of it. NFL needs to turn that crap around.

Not that they would ever enforce it against a Pats* player anyway...