Prediction Rudolph will go before Rosen if the Bills are selecting a QB at 12

Just now, Dr. Who said:

If one of the big 4 slides to 12, they would be foolish not to take them imo, but then again, I don't have the research they do, so I am not as cognizant of off-field issues that may play into their thinking.

It's okay thurmanator thinks they won't take him bc he's a "social justice warrior millennial"

1 minute ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Well not really but you can keep running with that. 

I don’t like my QB’s being Social Justice Warriors 

and dividing the locker room. So to me he does not fit into the process. It’s my opinion I know you don’t agree with it and that’s ok.   

Another lie.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Why do you think the Bills don't want Rosen.

We know why YOU don't want Rosen.  Why don't the Bills?

Because he divides the locker room, he is not a good fit because of his Social Justice Warrior 

mentality. It’s my opinion I have no problem with you not agreeing, so will see what happens. 

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

Just now, Thurmanator 12074 said:

Because he divides the locker room, he is not a good fit because of his Social Justice Warrior 

mentality. It’s my opinion I have no problem with you not agreeing, so will see what happens. 

It's not that I agree or disagree.  It's that you're projecting your value judgement on the Bills, which is complete bull ****.

You say you don't like him, fine.  You say the Bills won't take him because you don't like him, you're a total fool.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

It's okay thurmanator thinks they won't take him bc he's a "social justice warrior millennial"

I know.  In another thread, I indicated that I thought durability concerns were genuine.  The rest is overblown to the point of hyperbole.  Bringing up Kaepernick is not relevant, imo.  If Kaepernick was a top 5 qb in the league, he would be employed.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/3/2018 at 8:54 AM, Thurman#1 said:

Seriously? You don't understand how a horrible defense puts a ton more pressure on the offense by giving it consistently worse field position and forcing them to have to score more to win? Seriously? I don't quite know what to say to that. Lemme try this ... Having a great defense makes life much easier for an offense. Having a terrible defense makes things a ton more difficult. A ton more difficult. 

Oklahoma had a bad defense. Yeah. Oklahoma allowed 394.9 yards per game. That's bad. But UCLA allowed almost 100 yard per game more, 483.7.

And yeah, Oklahoma allowed 389 points. That's bad. But UCLA allowed almost 100 more points, 476. Oklahoma's defense was a bit above average, well behind the really good defenses, but not awful. UCLA's was absolutely awful.

Yes, Lamar is a very good QB. But you're flat out WRONG if you think that he's responsible for their wins and losses. He had a share of it. So did the rest of the guys on the field. Yeah, good QBs lift a team. So does a good RB, a good LT, anyone good lifts the level of the team and the guys around him. QBs more so because of the importance of their position. But it's a simple, obvious, self-evident truth that it's teams that win. Not one player. Not in football.

Archie Manning was a terrific QB. He absolutely lifted the level of the players around him. But they sucked so bad that there was no way to lift them enough. Put Joe Montana on that Saints team and they still lose most of their games. It's a team game. Philip Rivers lifts the level of the players around him a ton. But he simply hasn't had good enough players around him to make any serious dent in the playoffs. It's a team game.

And you can't say Rosen didn't lift his teammates. You can't say that unless you're in the huddle, unless you're one of the coaches calling the plays and watching practices. Most of the way that QBs lift teams is simply by playing extremely well. Which Rosen did and that game where they had the huge comeback is an example. Deny that he wasn't lifting his teammates in that game and you're only showing you're seeing what you want to see. Here's another possible indication that he lifted his teammates:

UCLA played 13 games. With Rosen they played eleven games against Texas A&M, Hawaii, Memphis, Stanford, Colorado, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, Arizona State, USC and Cal. They averaged in those games 35.0 points per game.

Without Rosen they played two games and scored 17 points both times. Against the mighty defenses of Utah and Kansas State. Care to guess what their two lowest-scoring games of the year were?

And Rosen didn't lift that team? Come on, man.

As for Mayfield, I'd rather have him as Secretary of War. I like Mayfield. Wouldn't mind him here either.

You can argue this both ways.    If the opponent is ahead by 4 touchdowns, they tend to soften up their defense. Rest starters who are banged up a little and get some playing time for underclassmen.   Don't get beat long and quick.  If you want to do a dip and dink, 90 yard drive for a TD that takes 5 minutes, well that is not the end of the world.  And if it has to be a 15 play drive, sooner or later we are going to get a stop after we took 4 minutes off the clock.   But the QB on the losing team can build up some stats.

Just now, Thurmanator 12074 said:

how can I lie about my own beliefs. I respect your opinion. You like Rosen you think he’s the best. 

so I say to you great good luck with that. 

You lie because you say you're not political but I have seen several political rants by you....including this thread.

You've created several anti-Rosen threads and posts and you say you don't.

You're an absolute liar.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I know.  In another thread, I indicated that I thought durability concerns were genuine.  The rest is overblown to the point of hyperbole.  Bringing up Kaepernick is not relevant, imo.  If Kaepernick was a top 5 qb in the league, he would be employed.

After 100%

The durability would be the only reason they don't move up.

That's the only reason he isn't a #1 lock.

If kaep was Aaron Rodgers he would be employed.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's not that I agree or disagree.  It's that you're projecting your value judgement on the Bills, which is complete bull ****.

You say you don't like him, fine.  You say the Bills won't take him because you don't like him, you're a total fool.

well it’s how I felt and how the bills talk about the process. Having Rosen on the team will break the process. He does not fit into it. Yes he’s got talent 

But if truth be told I think the Bills Covet Darnold and Allen over him. So I have a right to say what I think the process is to me and how the Bills project that in the media. I respect you don’t feel that way about the process and that Rosen fits into it for you. So good for you I have no problem with your opinion 

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

For what it's worth, I have a hunch that you're right about the culture stuff at One Bills Drive right now. Where I differ from you is in my belief that Darnold is a better prospect than either Rosen or Mayfield (and I like both of them). I think he's head and shoulders above the other qb prospects. I also think he goes #1 overall. 

Where is Watikins and Darby playing right now?

6 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

You can argue this both ways.    If the opponent is ahead by 4 touchdowns, they tend to soften up their defense. Rest starters who are banged up a little and get some playing time for underclassmen.   Don't get beat long and quick.  If you want to do a dip and dink, 90 yard drive for a TD that takes 5 minutes, well that is not the end of the world.  And if it has to be a 15 play drive, sooner or later we are going to get a stop after we took 4 minutes off the clock.   But the QB on the losing team can build up some stats.

Um ... UCLA had the 113th ranked defense last season. They were TERRIBLE. I say this as a fan. 

1 minute ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Where is Watikins and Darby playing right now?

Not sure of your point. Mind clarifying?

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Not sure of your point. Mind clarifying?

I surmise he is inferring Watkins and Darby were traded because they didn't fit in with the Process culture and that Rosen would not either.  Speculation based on not much.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You lie because you say you're not political but I have seen several political rants by you....including this thread.

You've created several anti-Rosen threads and posts and you say you don't.

You're an absolute liar.

I try to not make it political but you guys will not let it go. You want it to be about politics. I would not want Rosen if he wore a F-Hillary hat. I think what Rosen is doing in the media is dividing the locker with his politics and social justice stances. Why should players that feel different about his causes get behind him to play for him or fans for that matter. No I want a QB like Allen and Rudolph that does not divide people. We don’t need drama as the face of our franchise. We need a leader that is also good at bringing people together and not dividing people based on politics. So I would really like to just draft a guy who does not have this baggage. You feel differently and I respect that. Glad you like him. He has talent and might do well I just like the other QB’s that have talent and don’t do the stuff he does.    

2 minutes ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

I try to not make it political but you guys will not let it go. You want it to be about politics. I would not want Rosen if he wore a F-Hillary hat. I think what Rosen is doing in the media is dividing the locker with his politics and social justice stances. Why should players that feel different about his causes get behind him to play for him or fans for that matter. No I want a QB like Allen and Rudolph that does not divide people. We don’t need drama as the face of our franchise. We need a leader that is also good at bringing people together and not dividing people based on politics. So I would really like to just draft a guy who does not have this baggage. You feel differently and I respect that. Glad you like him. He has talent and might do well I just like the other QB’s that have talent and don’t do the stuff he does.    

You mean like this?

thurman.jpg

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, maryland-bills-fan said:

Okay,   exactly why do you think they traded each of those players? 

Darby did not fit the system.  I don't think he was a locker room problem.  Watkins may have been a problem, but I think they surmised they would not be willing to pay the requisite price to resign him to a new contract and the 2nd round pick was valuable as draft capital to trade up for the potential franchise qb you don't want to trade up for.  Regardless, none of that bears on whether or not they have determined Rosen to be a fit or not.