Standing Pat...

23 hours ago, Mat68 said:

With the amount of picks Buffalo can and will throw at NYG imo there is no way you stay at 2 unless you pick a Qb.  IMO Buffalo will throw 3 first a second and third.  You dont turn that down for a RB or DE.  The only way they stay at 2 is if they want the Qb that is on the board.  

Been feeling this way too. 0% chance Giants stay at #2 and select any player that doesn't play the  QB position.

12 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Remains to be seen.  Terrible first year.  Good second year with best weapons in the league.  Let's see what happens this year before we say he's franchise. 

I think Goff and Carr will go down similar roads. Good QBs but never true franchise guys. But top half of the league (top 18-14 type QBs). With the occasional great year sprinkled in.

Nobody knows which QB will have sucess in the NFL. It is a odds game. Are we really going to send 3 first (actually 2), a second and a third to get to #2 ?!  

Like I said in another post, I would rather draft both Jackson at 12 and Rudolph at 22 than giving the farm for a move up to #2.

It keeps the odds on your side and saves you precious draft picks.

23 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Sit tight and hope Allen falls to 12.  If he does the Bills are set for a decade.  He can sit for a year or two.  If AJ is a star then you can trade Allen.  With the remaining picks get a WR a OG and 5 defenders.

The whole draft hinges on what the Giants do at #2.  If they take a QB then the best move is to wait and see if Allen or Mayfield falls to 12.  If they are not going to take a QB then a trade can be made to get the QB the Bills truly want or if they take Barkely the Browns will probably trade out of #4. 

Honestly I'm ok either way.  Both approaches will be fine.  They have AJ and should be competitive at the QB position for the next two years.

I can just see Beane now telling his guys lets go into Wait&SeeMode!

40 minutes ago, MtlBillsFan said:

Nobody knows which QB will have sucess in the NFL. It is a odds game. Are we really going to send 3 first (actually 2), a second and a third to get to #2 ?!  

Like I said in another post, I would rather draft both Jackson at 12 and Rudolph at 22 than giving the farm for a move up to #2.

It keeps the odds on your side and saves you precious draft picks.

I dont think picks are precious.  Great players are.  If you think the guy at 2 can be the best Qb in a decade and rival what jim kelly did for this franchise is that too much?  Keep in mind in this draft buffalo can give up 12,22,56,65 and still have a selection in each of the first 3 rounds.  The moves Mcdermott and Beane have made has allowed them the ability to pay a hefty price without crippling this draft or the next.

Edited by Mat68

4 hours ago, greeneblitz said:

All this Mason talk reminds me of the same idiotic thinking that got us JP Losman, they have the draft capital to go get one of the 4 franchise QBs, if they fail to get a deal done at any cost it's their fault and will likely mean another 4 years without a Qb

This belief that the Bills have the draft " capital" to land one of the top 4 is wishful thinking. Their highest pick is currently # 12. If there are too many teams ahead of them that want one of those 4 QB's, then no they don't. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

it could be such a qb feeding frenzy that we may not have any choice but sit tight. my biggest concern is miami taking rudolph at 11. i just have a feeling they are going to screw us somehow.

1. darnold

2. rosen

3. allen

4. let's say the browns do not want to trade out and take barkly or chubb

5. mayfield       denver will not trade out.

6. at this point what?

you still have az. maybe looking to move up and miami. either one of these teams could be targeting jackson or rudolph.

i have no idea how this draft will play out and am sure i will be surprised a lot.

i absolutely do not want to give everything away for no. 2. if we could use a pick or 2 from next year to maybe hop to 8 and then to 4, that would be great, but i believe what i have heard from beane. this year they want to build thru the draft and next year they can spend some money on free agents.

there's no way we get to no. 4...or even no.6 without trading twice. if we do get stuck at 12 and these qbs come off like i listed above,

i would take rudolph and be done with it. we may even have to hop miami to do it. i know this all may, or probably won't go this way, but in this case, i would rather take rudolph then give away everything.

Edited by billsredneck1

2 hours ago, Mat68 said:

So there are as many superbowl qbs in round 1 than rd2,3,4,5,6,7 combined?  Which rd outside of first will this years draft produce that qb?  Odds favor your guy comes in round 1.  The math that you point to say the likley hood of landing that superbowl qb in the later rd are long.  When your team needs a qb your better picking the guy with the most ability.

Oddly enough, I 100% disagree. Respectfully. 

Surely you should take the QB with the most ability; that's a truism. I am saying that if you want to go to the Super Bowl, it remains a team game.

The most important element remains the QB. 
But he must be surrounded by talent and opening your cabinet and selling everything you have won't work. Ever. EVER. It shocks me to my core that there are people saying "do whatever it takes". Nope. 

And especially with a team like we have, that really, is devoid of tier 1 talent. 

On 3/24/2018 at 11:17 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Reach! :sick:

The only reach is any draft that puts an immobile, injury prone QB behind an offensive line not capable of protecting him - with no hope bring on any help along that offensive line through the draft. Where the major upgrade to a depleted reservoir of line talent was bringing in a truly terrible center and having to over pay to get that limited talent.

By all means, let's empty the cupboard and go get the concussed Rosen, give him literally the worst WR group and stick him behind Turnstile Mills.:doh: What could possibly go wrong there?