New League to Start 2/19, sooner than XFL

Darren RovellVerified account @darrenrovell

BREAKING: @CharlieEbersol, director of "30 for 30" doc on XFL & Dick Ebersol's son, is launching a new pro football league. First game scheduled for 2/9/19 on CBS, week after Super Bowl. Will be to market a year before McMahon's new XFL.

Full story....  http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22844453/xfl-documentary-maker-plans-own-football-league

29 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Darren RovellVerified account @darrenrovell

BREAKING: @CharlieEbersol, director of "30 for 30" doc on XFL & Dick Ebersol's son, is launching a new pro football league. First game scheduled for 2/9/19 on CBS, week after Super Bowl. Will be to market a year before McMahon's new XFL.

Full story....  http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22844453/xfl-documentary-maker-plans-own-football-league

Who are you and how dare you start a new thread?     ;)  ;)  ;)   

There also will be no kickoffs (the ball will be placed automatically at the 25-yard line) and no onside kicks. The losing team will just start on their own 35-yard-line with fourth-and-10. Play clocks are 30 seconds and every touchdown has to be followed by a two-point conversion attempt.

What does that mean? 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

There also will be no kickoffs (the ball will be placed automatically at the 25-yard line) and no onside kicks. The losing team will just start on their own 35-yard-line with fourth-and-10. Play clocks are 30 seconds and every touchdown has to be followed by a two-point conversion attempt.

What does that mean? 

I somehow should have tied this to who we should draft at QB, comp picks and salary cap

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I somehow should have tied this to who we should draft at QB, comp picks and salary cap

LMAO.    

Don't forget their bigotry towards kickers 

Oh and while you are at it - please explain why I never see a Painted Post in Painted Post NY.  

(sorry) Back on topic    So they are going to get their league up and running a year before the other guys ....   

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

12 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

What does that mean? 

I suppose this means that after a team scores and goes for two, they can either give the other team the ball at their 25 or they can keep the ball at their own 35 in a 4th and 10 situation...  Same boom or bust scenario as an onside kick and usually only would be endeavoured by the team that is "losing" / behind in score

Edited by wakingfane
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, wakingfane said:

I suppose this means that after a team scores and goes for two, they can either give the other team the ball at their 25 or they can keep the ball at their own 35 in a 4th and 10 situation... 

the term "losing team" is confusing 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

LMAO.    

Oh and while you are at it - please explain why I never see a Painted Post in Painted Post NY.  

(sorry) Back on topic    So they are going to get their league up and running a year before the other guys ....   

I have no idea why there is no painted post in Painted Post? Are you suuuurree there isn't?

Yes a year before the X

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

LMAO.    

I've been wanting to see a minor league for the NFL that is based in regional cities/ college towns and is focused on skill /career development.  Anxious to see the cities/markets but I trust these guys to deliver football, as opposed to whatever Vince McMahon dishes up

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, wakingfane said:

I've been wanting to see a minor league for the NFL that is based in regional cities/ college towns and is focused on skill /career development.  Anxious to see the cities/markets but I trust these guys to deliver football, as opposed to whatever Vince McMahon dishes up

If it works half as well as NFL Europe that would be cool.  That is how we found Fred Jackson IIRC. 

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Eh 

i would much rather watch college ball or NFL

Doesnt have the talent of NFL or the coaching of college ...

sloppy football with a lot of ground and pound is probably what it turns out to be 

Or a lot of Bills games is what your saying.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Ha Ha and you out scoped are resident obsessive posters. They both must have been on bathroom breaks !!