Call your shot

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I get it, but if you need to throw in that 2019 first for the 2nd overall pick to get your QB you do it.

QB trumps every other position. Even pass rusher. 

I think that it will be a mistake. You have the assets in 2018. You need to pick which assets to include. You don’t use the 2019 pick. You just keep adding from this draft. 12, 22, 53, 56 and a 2019 4th should get it done. Absolutely, do not withhold 22, 53, 56, etc... to use the 2019 1st. That will be a mistake. 

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You're making this lobby in 2004. People were questioning Rothlisberger being from Miami(Oh), folks were questioning Rivers's throwing motion... Losman was going to be just as good, he could sling it, he had confidence. Schaub and McCown both decent, went no where.

Need the top tier guys, or its same old Bills.

We ended up with the #13 and #22 picks that year. Went talent up front, and settled on 2nd tier guy. We've done this before. Need to get up and get the real QBs.

Sorry, I just do not see any one of these QBs close being on the same Manning, Rivers or Rothlesberger level. I'm certainly not wanting them to give up a bunch of prime picks for anyone in this class. It's not 1983, it's not 2004...it's just an above average, deep class of QBs with the top ones having some significant question marks that were not there with the top three in 2004.

• Like (+1) 1

I think my godfather offer is:

#12 / #22 / #53 / #56 / #65 / 2019 2nd / 2020 2nd

for

#2 / #102 / 2019 4th / 2020 4th

Kirby is right, I don't want to touch #1 next year, way too much defensive talent coming in.  He's also right that we've put all our eggs in this basket for this year, it's not likely we have this much ammo again anytime soon.  Beane is either hitching his job to an aggressive move up or he's hitching it to McCarron / Peterman / whoever else might get drafted later.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think trading three 1st round picks to move up to the second pick in this years draft is crazy.

We are more than a QB away from being relevant. We have a lot of holes on this roster.  Take our draft capital this year and fill those holes.  Next year, if we are only a QB away from being a great team (and McCarron doesn’t work out) then sell the farm and go get your QB.

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I have a simple yes or no question for you...and I could care less if you respond.Did you watch last year's Cotton Bowl when USC played against Ohio St.?

Bananas to cucumbers to pears then

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

oh i like this!

Me Too! I feel like that 19 2 needs to be a 1 though. And if so, so be it lol

4 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Bananas to cucumbers to pears then

Me Too! I feel like that 19 2 needs to be a 1 though. And if so, so be it lol

You didn't watch the game...you supplied nothing in your response..just another cliche.Do your homework before you type..like I do.

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

You didn't watch the game...you supplied nothing in your response..just another cliche.Do your homework before you type..like I do.

Lol, if you are doing homework before some of the nonsense you bestow upon it's worse than I thought. Your question didn't warrant an answer.

You LITTERALLY said you dont care if i respond, but clearly you do as you took the time out of your day to make me aware. You on the other hand, let my cliche response go right over your head and ya doubled down by getting uppity about it. The response you received was appropriate.  

Good day sir :)

Edited by gobills1212

7 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Lol, if you are doing homework before some of the nonsense you bestow upon it's worse than I thought. Your question didn't warrant an answer.

You LITTERALLY said you dont care if i respond, but clearly you do as you took the time out of your day to make me aware. You on the other hand, let my cliche response go right over your head and ya doubled down by getting uppity about it. The response you received was appropriate.  

Good day sir :)

I'll answer the question for you..in the big game..Darnold was horrible.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that it will be crazy expensive. I could see them sticking at 12 and looking at Lamar or Allen. If they are going up it is probably 4 of their first 5 picks. I really hope that they keep their 2019 1st. It could be a top 10 pick and they have a big need for pass rush. 2019 draft will be ridiculous on the DL.

Why do u think Bills will be worse next year? Not to hijab my own thread. AJ is probably as good as TT. KB will be there all year. New OC. Star is an upgrade over the guys trying to fill in for Dareus. Multiple picks to add to the front 7. And on paper the schedule is not crazy difficult.

2 hours ago, 1billsfan said:

I think that the “top four” QBs have been talked about so much (24 hr TV, radio, social media) over the last six months that it might trick the mind into thinking that they have to be good. Why else would they be talked about so much if they weren’t heading for greatness, right?

Jackson, Rudolph, Lauletta and White are then seen as non-options because they just haven’t been talked about nearly as much. IMO chances are pretty good that there will be just as many pro bowl QB from the “bottom four” as there will be in the supposed “top four”.

You may be correct. But Jets did not trade up for a non-QB. That

means at least two of top 4 players are a QB and it could be 3 of 4 if the Giants draft QB.

52 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I'll answer the question for you..in the big game..Darnold was horrible.

But here's the thing... and why until now I haven't bothered to engage in a who is better than who debate. Believe it or not, and it's the craziest thing - everyone has a rookie qb they like and one they don't. We don't get to say we only think a trade up is a good idea only if they get xxx or don't get guy zzz. 

The answer you are so salty about not getting is the beginning of a rabbit hole that is pointless to going down bc no matter how good of an armchair gm you think you are - it's a moot point. We don't get to vote on who the rookie should be. People much smarter than us make that decision and this is the 1st gm/coach combo i can confidently say that about.To base an entire opinion off of one game, to be frank,  isn't a POV I choose to engage a conversation with. 

Kelly choked pretty hard in a superbowl or 3. 

Do we base our opinion of his on that? Sure his performance that game might tell part of the picture. But yikes, there is sssooo much more to it and what a shame it would be. Its just as much about potential as preformance at this point. Besides, it seems as though the brownies like Darnold anyway. That should solve the issue from your end. But yet we go round, and round..

Edited by gobills1212

20 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Gosh you're right. Cap space is set in Carbonite and can't be changed whatsoever. Maybe your absolutes are useless.

and so does this idiotic trade idea.

When does a top pick, find me an example, where a player was involved?

Edited by KRT88

I'm all for paying the king's ransom to move up. Take a swing. Plus with the cap next year (and saving who knows how many rookie contracts this year)...I would expect to be competitive this year but not world beaters during the rookie's first season. And then look out come sophomore season. 

9 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Cordy Glenn.

Wow, we acquired the top pick in the draft for Cordy Glenn?   Big difference between top pick and a 1st round pick.  Guess reading wasn't taught at your school. 

1 hour ago, KRT88 said:

Wow, we acquired the top pick in the draft for Cordy Glenn?   Big difference between top pick and a 1st round pick.  Guess reading wasn't taught at your school. 

So you can't comprehend involving a player in a trade up to the first pick? Really? Also I guess civility and how to discuss without insult wasn't taught at your school.

13 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

So you can't comprehend involving a player in a trade up to the first pick? Really? Also I guess civility and how to discuss without insult wasn't taught at your school.

How much you wanna bet if we trade up there's no players involved?  You can pick the odds.