Remember "Huge Trade" post?

That speculative post last week regarding a huge trade might actually have some validity to it. I'm being optimistic that a trade for #1 or #2 has already been made and the bills and browns/giants are just waiting to release the deal. If true, the price might have went up a little with this jets trade. But I'm gonna remain confident that we trade up for our franchise qb!! Go Bills!!

Edited by Bills4life1924

Just now, T-Bomb said:

Not sure why the teams would be sitting on it...

That is my ONLY thought of why I would think a deal isn't in place. But to remain optimistic, draft is 6 weeks away and typically you don't see draft trades until it's closer to the draft. But giants only have 5 picks and of course McBeane is close with Gettleman. I'm not gonna sulk over jets trade and I'm gonna remain confident in the process

3 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

That is my ONLY thought of why I would think a deal isn't in place. But to remain optimistic, draft is 6 weeks away and typically you don't see draft trades until it's closer to the draft. But giants only have 5 picks and of course McBeane is close with Gettleman. I'm not gonna sulk over jets trade and I'm gonna remain confident in the process

Well, I personally think it's too hard to go from 12 to 2, Giants can't pass up the opportunity to draft Manning's heir apparent.

I've thought all along that #3 was the only pick the Bills had a shot at because the Colts still have their franchise QB for many more years than the Giants do, and have tons of holes to fill.

I think McBeane lost this one to the Jets.

Just now, T-Bomb said:

Well, I personally think it's too hard to go from 12 to 2, Giants can't pass up the opportunity to draft Manning's heir apparent.

I've thought all along that #3 was the only pick the Bills had a shot at because the Colts still have their franchise QB for many more years than the Giants do, and have tons of holes to fill.

...seriously?......he "checked" at 12 to watch stuff like this unfold IMO......just as he waited in FA....what the hell, fire 'em anyway, right?...SMH............

5 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

You mean to the team that drafted Geno Smith, Christian Hackenburg, Bryce Petty. They probably want to be sure to get Lamar Jackson. 

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Doesn’t really make any sense to not announce a deal that is allegedly done. What vmbenefits are there to waiting until the draft?

One benefit I could think of, is if bills and giants have a deal and announced it last week, teams like the jets/broncos/dolphins would know the only way to get ahead of bills would be moving to #1. Could offer browns a kings ransom for 1st overall. Browns would still have 2 top 10 picks and prob pick up a 1st next for trading back, plus all the other picks they would accrue.

Edited by Bills4life1924

12 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

One benefit I could think of, is if bills and giants have a deal and announced it last week, teams like the jets/broncos/dolphins would know the only way to get ahead of bills would be moving to #1. Could offer browns a kings ransom for 1st overall. Browns would still have 2 top 10 picks and prob pick up a 1st next for trading back, plus all the other picks they would accrue.

Why would it matter who got to 1 if the assumption was that a QB was being taken regardless?

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

Why would it matter who got to 1 if the assumption was that a QB was being taken regardless?

Key word is "assumption".. Let's assume browns really are considering barkley. If bills announced they are trading to #2, another team could jump the bills with an offer browns can't refuse. 

10 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

Key word is "assumption".. Let's assume browns really are considering barkley. If bills announced they are trading to #2, another team could jump the bills with an offer browns can't refuse. 

Browns aren’t trading the top pick. You might as well just eliminate that possibility. Just like eliminating the idea that we already have a deal in place for the 2nd pick

• Like (+1) 1

B. Beane has done an excellent job since coming to our organization and i know for myself, im going to be comfortable for the most part with however the draft shakes out. He got a third for Tyrod so theres no way you can say he blew it. Hes too smart to not have a plan

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Browns aren’t trading the top pick. You might as well just eliminate that possibility. Just like eliminating the idea that we already have a deal in place for the 2nd pick

Why eliminate possibilities when nobody knows what's gonna happen? Cleveland already named their starting qb. If they were gonna take a qb 1st, no way they don't let him compete for the job. They signed hyde, so maybe they value draft capital more of an asset than taking a rb with overall pick. They trade, and pocket high draft picks, by doing so. And all of a sudden can fill out their roster with top talent.

Edited by Bills4life1924

26 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

This may very well be true...

18 minutes ago, Bills4life1924 said:

Why eliminate possibilities when nobody knows what's gonna happen? Cleveland already named their starting qb. If they were gonna take a qb 1st, no way they don't let him compete for the job. They signed hyde, so maybe they value draft capital more of an asset than taking a rb with overall pick. They trade, and pocket high draft picks, by doing so. And all of a sudden can fill out their roster with top talent.

Common sense tells us what’s going to happen. So yeah, it’s easy to eliminate possibilities

Pick 3 was always the "Pick in play" Since the Colts said they were not trading Luck they had a top pick and were willing to trade down. The Browns are taking a QB at picks 1 or 4, the Giants are also in need of a QB at pick 2. The Broncos are a thirsty QB team at pick 5. So the only trade up scenario is pick 4 with maybe an outside shot at pick 2.