Do Not Trade Up!

Boludo

Look at which QBs made the conference championships this year:

Case Keenum

Nick Foles

Blake Bortles

That's three of the final four! These scrubs made it to the very end because they had extremely good rosters behind them. The Bills are loaded with so many picks that they can put themselves into a position to follow a very similar model. They need to use all those picks to load this roster up with talent for years to come. Keep all the picks, load up on talent, don't mortgage everything on one make or break pick.

The Jets just gave away their 1st and a full three second round picks to move up 3 spots. How much is it going to cost the Bills to move into the top few spots? Keep the picks, take what you can get at 12 (almost certainly Lamar Jackson is there, good chance Mayfield falls to 12 or at least very close for a more reasonable trade up), and use all those picks to fill the holes on the roster that sorely need to be addressed. Building an extremely strong team is going to set them up far better in the long run.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't know whether the Bills should trade up or not unless we knew the 'grades' they had on who they would be trading up for.

If the Bills think the difference between their #1 guy and their #5 guy isn't that much....and that they can 'coach up' any of them to get them where they need, then don't trade up.

Buf if they think their #1 guy has 80% chance of being what they need, while their #5 guy has about a 20% chance...then I'm all for giving away multiple picks to move up.  But once again, no one really knows how the Bills staff has the QB's rated except for them.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

One year of playoffs and years of QB trends suddenly go out the window. It's a miracle. 

I was told by oldmanfan that I don't understand facts because of this in another thread when I pointed this out 

Fans are clowns.

6 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Don't trade up this year because they're not worth it. Do trade up for a better QB in future years or take one of these players where they belong.

Wait, I initially liked your post because I thought it was satirical of how fans tend to be but now I'm not sure.

Is this how you actually feel? Do you really think you know the QB class better than anyone else and can just say trade up for a better QB in the future... like they are randomly spawned every off season in madden? 

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I was told by oldmanfan that I don't understand facts because of this in another thread when I pointed this out 

Fans are clowns.

And this off-season has been the biggest clown show of them all. Worse than any of the previous 11 I've been here for. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsVet said:

And this off-season has been the biggest clown show of them all. Worse than any of the previous 11 I've been here for. 

Sorry, my first off season here. I'm sure I've done my fair share of contributing to that. I know BBMB had to contribute also, I didn't post their but would read it.

3 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Fans are clowns.

Wait, I initially liked your post because I thought it was satirical of how fans tend to be but now I'm not sure.

Is this how you actually feel? Do you really think you know the QB class better than anyone else and can just say trade up for a better QB in the future... like they are randomly spawned every off season in madden? 

I don't play Madden. Ask yourself the same question about how good they are. What makes you think they're good and worth trading up for? Because they're QBs? No one has these QBs ranked as high as Wentz or Luck or Eli or any great QB who goes at the top of the draft.

The last five out of ten Superbowls were won by high first round picks. 2 of the last ten were won by Tom "Never Going to Happen Ever Again" Brady. Two others were won by Russell Wilson who dropped because he is short (stupid NFL GMs) and Drew Brees (the second QB taken in the Draft, a second round pick, before NFL really became a passing exclusive league). Finally, you have Foles, the guy who will back up a QB taken at 2 by a team that gave up a kings ransom to get him.

Some of you don't seem to be interested in winning championships. Some of you think that football is the same game it was the day you were born. Some of you should want better of your team. 

Stay where they are and draft Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson at 12 and Leighton Vander Esch at 22.

Develop The young QB within two years, hope McCarran develops and plays well in the interim and build the rest of the roster in this and 2019 draft and become the next AFC East power for the next 6 to 8 years.  After Brady & Belichek leave, NE collapses, Jets trade all their 2nds this year and next to get Josh Rosen who is a concussion waiting to happen Rob Johnson type and have a talent deficient roster and the continually confused Miami Dolphins whose only asset is their QB's hot wife who isn't as hot as our new QB.