Bills sign Trent Murphy

13 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

then why is he talking about lynch? And if he truly was referring to Dareus smoking pot vs. Murphy taking PEDs....well, I got nothing. Both are widely used by professional athletes, and they try not to get caught using them. One smokes pot because they like to feel stoned, one takes PEDs to try to gain a professional advantage? I still don't see any correlation he was trying to make, whatsoever. 

Because both had a drug (recreation or PED) related suspension and the reaction on this board was far different for the black player than the white player.  I could have just as easily used Dareus though he had performance issues on the field.  That was never an issue with Lynch. 

9 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

These are fair points, but you realize that HGH use is utterly pervasive in the NFL, right? 

Anyway, here is his story: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/05/24/redskins-trent-murphy-working-to-move-on-from-disappointing-suspension/?utm_term=.fa3d876f0405

Yes and honestly I wouldn't care if they took both marijuana and HGH off the testing list.  But as it stands right now another failed test and he is out for the year (it may be 10 games for PED but still most of the year)

Nine biggest free-agent departures of 2018

7) Trent Murphy, linebacker

Formerly with: Washington Redskins.

Now with: Buffalo Bills.

The Redskins reportedly tried to re-sign Murphy before the start of free agency, which tells you how much Washington cherished him -- and he didn't even play last year after tearing his ACL in August (he had also been suspended four games for violating the league's policy on performance enhancing substances). He's not real fast, but he had been playing much faster than his timed speed and brings a real heady presence to the field. In his last healthy season, Murphy had 9.0 sacks in 2016. Washington now needs to add another member to its defensive front.