It's us or the lions for Demulling

Bills | A Finalist for DeMulling - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:47:48 -0800

Curt Sylvester, of the Detroit Free Press, reports free agent G Rick DeMulling (Colts) has apparently narrowed his choices down to signing with the Buffalo Bills or the Detroit Lions. The Bills are negotiating with DeMulling, who visited Monday, March 7.

Lions | A Finalist for DeMulling - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:47:47 -0800

Curt Sylvester, of the Detroit Free Press, reports free agent G Rick DeMulling (Colts) has apparently narrowed his choices down to signing with the Detroit Lions or the Buffalo Bills. The Lions are negotiating with DeMulling, who visited Wednesday, March 9.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills | A Finalist for DeMulling - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:47:48 -0800

Curt Sylvester, of the Detroit Free Press, reports free agent G Rick DeMulling (Colts) has apparently narrowed his choices down to signing with the Buffalo Bills or the Detroit Lions. The Bills are negotiating with DeMulling, who visited Monday, March 7.

Lions | A Finalist for DeMulling - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:47:47 -0800

Curt Sylvester, of the Detroit Free Press, reports free agent G Rick DeMulling (Colts) has apparently narrowed his choices down to signing with the Detroit Lions or the Buffalo Bills. The Lions are negotiating with DeMulling, who visited Wednesday, March 9.

271431[/snapback]

Finally some head way. Its not a deal yet so it may take us another few weeks to actually get one of them, UGGGGHHH.

My guess is that he has already made his choice and he is setting up a bidding war between two parties to get the maximum he can get out of his choice or at the very least he has a favorite and is still playing the two businesses off against each other.

I'd love to get DeMulling, but I hope TD holds firm on his offer and its too bad if deMulling goes to Detroit, but we should not blow the cap budget for a player unless there is such a screaming need for him because he is so good or we have no other alternatives.

DeMulling filla need for us in bringing stability to an OL which suffered for years from poor investments during the Butler era and under the inexperienced Vinky and Ruel under GW in the beginning of the TD era.

We have a variety of plans A,B,C and D alternatives for improving the OL if it doesn't happen in FA (namely trade, draft, cap casusaties and internal development) if DeMulling does not happen.

But Demulling in not really a run blocker he is more of a zone blocker/pass blocking guard. His job wasn't to blow open holes, just hold position and let Edge find something. Not sure he would be good for us in a blow up the line run block schemes.

But Demulling in not really a run blocker he is more of a zone blocker/pass blocking guard.  His job wasn't to blow open holes, just hold position and let Edge find something.  Not sure he would be good for us in a blow up the line run block schemes.

271516[/snapback]

True, and that's why I think the plan is to move him to C and free up Teague for LT. Sandwich DeMulling between two road graders (Villarial and a free agent LG - Pork Chops???), and he'll be fine. More than fine, actually. I bet he'd be a small upgrade to Teague at C.

True, and that's why I think the plan is to move him to C and free up Teague for LT. Sandwich DeMulling between two road graders (Villarial and a free agent LG - Pork Chops???), and he'll be fine. More than fine, actually. I bet he'd be a small upgrade to Teague at C.

I also think that DeMulling, if signed, will play center, leaving Teague to contend for the LT spot. The LT spot will be between him and Peters. As for OG, I think we'll probably see Bannan there.

I also think that DeMulling, if signed, will play center, leaving Teague to contend for the LT spot.  The LT spot will be between him and Peters.  As for OG, I think we'll probably see Bannan there.

271540[/snapback]

I would like to see Bannan get a real shot at the position!