So do we not have a plan at WR in free agency?

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

You can't fix everything in an offseason. WR was going to be an issue the moment they traded Watkins. I'd still rather have SW than the Rams second rounder. That could change, depending what they get out of the pick. I love what the FO is doing thus far, but WR is just going to be an issue they may have to address in a big way in 2019. 

Theoretically we could get Watkins back AND have the Rams second rounder, which they spent to rent-a-Sammy.  The key question is, will we pay him enough to get him back.  I want to point out this is exactly the same question we'd be asking right now if we hadn't traded Sammy, and were trying to re-sign him now.  With the key difference that we have that extra 2nd round pick.  Of course we didn't have Watkins' services last year, so that might have made the difference in making the playoffs.  Oh, wait...

Well that was an uninformed comment and I apologize.  Watkins agreed to terms with KC yesterday.  For a lot more than the Bills were willing to pay now, or would have been willing to pay now if Watkins was still here.  So my point is still valid.  If we had kept Sammy for last year, we'd have lost him yesterday, and we wouldn't have that 2nd rounder to help get the QB we want.

Edited by Utah John
forgetful

Just now, BillsFan17 said:

Not a good WR class?

Yeah, not sure why he thinks that.

Also, FA just started and deals cant even be signed until tomorrow.  Feels a bit premature to start declaring we dont have a plan for something lol

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

So do we not have a plan at WR in free agency?

Damn, you know I think they forgot all about the WR position.  Maybe give a call or text to remind them....

ok, so I apologize for the D!ck'ish response.  I just really want to believe that most folks here are educated Bills fans and not the ones jumping through tables, because these posts are just so bad, c'mon..."do they have a plan for WR", really?  Free Agency hasn't even officially started, give them some time.  This board has gotten a lot longer, everything has to be right now, right away, and perfect, maybe I have just been here too long....:unsure:

Edited by ricojes