Free Agency: Top targets?

As I predicted. The Bills would move Cordy Glen and the compensation would equal a late #1 to a #2 at best. The Bengal's valued him as a mid 2nd rounder and I am stoked! I also, said they would trade up and I expected it to be the 49ers, since they need a 2nd rounder. They need to still move up and I hope it is pick #2 or #3 overall, but now we have some cap to fill a few holes. Help me guess who they will court at 1 Bills Drive this week!

Note: I am afraid that we may trade next years #1 to conserve picks this year. We will have $$$$ next year, so I could live with it. 

Free QB agency: Sam Bradford?

- Excellent character, he can play at a high level and looks great with a clipboard

- Understands the system

- Cheapest guy that doesn't suck

Defensive Line: Kyle Williams?

- Tough call, because the guys I like are pricey and I question their leadership

- We need an edge rusher and DT in the draft

Line Backers: Preston Brown or Nigel Bradham or Jon Bostic?

- We will need to draft either a speedy cover guy or a thumper

- Sideline to sideline speed and at 6'4" Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech is awesome, but we will most likely settle for someone else 

Nickel Back: ?

-  3-4 rounder?

C/RG: ?

- Draft

- Groy is OK, but why didn't he play guard at all in 2017?

- Norwell is a pipedream 

RT: ???

- I am so tired of the losers at this postition

- Draft

Deep threat at WR: Paul Richardson?

- Draft (probably Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU or DJ Moore, WR, Maryland)

- Note: I love Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M, but he isn't super fast

TE: Nick O'Leary?

- Draft; I love this guy... Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State

Not sure about this rumor... http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/03/espn_names_buffalo_bills_as_team_that_might_target_ndamukong_suh_after_release.html

Edited by BBillsWestCoast
  • Like (+1) 1

The entire civilized world was predicting that. I read no further. 

To be fair, some predicted less in compensation, but the FO wasn’t in charity mode. I’m not surprised in the least. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

Bradford has health issues, but we don't need him forever. Also, when healthy, he can be well above avg. Keenum will want a sizeable deal for several years, but if we draft a guy in the top 5 we eat a lot of dead money if that pick becomes the starter.

Slim pickings for DL and OT help in FA? Poe is above avg, but the 2 former Jets have motivation issues and we all know how Beane feels about that, right Marcel?

The departure of Glenn means both our OL and DL are in crisis mode. I'm tired of hearing the words "good enough" when talking about filling holes like C. Groy is a career backup for a reason. I think we can't worry about drafting skill players (pending FA moves) until our lines are fixed. I know Norwell is a long shot, but I really hope we can get him. Star L has playing like a backup. No thanks.

One rookie I'd like to see is Dalton Schultz, but with all the deficiencies elsewhere, I don't see him as an option. Great blocker!

I'd love to see an upgrade opposite T White, but EJ is a tick above avg, so resigning him may be our best option for the time being. After White, there's a big drop off in talent to Gaines and another big drop off again, depending on Davis' recovery.

I don't know what we'll do about LB, but that's another very weak area as well.

And now Beane and McD will go do exactly what no one expects LOL.