Reading b/w the lines...

25 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

We're not going to see any movement on those picks until draft day. 

The popular narrative is that we are moving way up for a QB.

It is still a BIG leap to go from the 20s to the top 5. 

Let the rampant speculation continue! 

It is a big leap and the misconception is still there in that all first round picks carry equal value which leads to silly trade proposals like "I'll give the Giants a first, a second, Cordy Glenn, and Shane Conlan's face guard for the number 2 overall pick."

30 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

We're not going to see any movement on those picks until draft day. 

The popular narrative is that we are moving way up for a QB.

It is still a BIG leap to go from the 20s to the top 5. 

Let the rampant speculation continue! 

It took 30 minutes for me to eat crow - damn! 

• Haha (+1) 2

We have a lot of needs and are in a great position to fix them.  It would be a mistake to throw all those fixes out to get an unproven quarterback that is far from a consensus keeper.  Hopefully, our top guys understand that.  As I and others have been saying for a long time, bring in a proven vet like McCown and draft White or Lauletta.

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

But as i've stated in the MANY other threads and I've just gotten sick of typing it - IF there is a guy they LOVE then do it.

I'm not talking an EJ take a guy to take a guy, but a guy they believe will change the course of the franchise.

The thing is, WE arent GMS, professional scouts, or even football gurus. We can watch film and see what we like and dont like but honestly outside of Luck - there hasnt been a cant miss guy in the last 10 years and who are we to say otherwise?

There has however been a much greater hit rate at the top.

These guys have a plan and this is their chance to realize it. Trade up, dont trade up, its their job- not ours. 

There comes a point when people have to realize they root for the team NOT the player.

People fall in love with guys and even if they trade up and get their guy some folks will be mad they didnt take the other guy.

Personally, I'd rather they stay away from Jackson and would rather Rudolph if it came down to the 2. Im sure some people disagree.

BUT if Jackson was the pick? Great. Im pissed for a second and then GO BILLS. Why? Bc what do i know?

IM not the GM and its THEIR plan. The fact that there seems to be a plan is a step in the right direction bc if Whaley had a plan it seemed to change course a few times and wasnt very cohesive. 

I'm all in on a trade up for the afore mentioned reasons. If you hit, you are golden for 10-15 years. The avg QBs that need support from everywhere to break .500 is an old trick and wearing thin. If not for a little luck last year we are staring down another playoff year. When you've tired everything else and you GM makes the comments hes made about the position AND they love a guy - just let them do what they do. Worst that happens is you endure 3 more years of the same old same old and someone else come along to take a kick at the can.

Really, by thius point you've got nothing to loose.

That’s all fine and I agree that what the Bills do I will be fine with, but I don’t think anyone is wrong in either camp. I personally am not impressed with any of these QBs and honestly what has Luck really done? I just think they can get AJ and not loose draft picks and can’t really understand people saying AJ is unproven and garbage but why isn’t he just as good as the kids in the draft. That being said, landing AJ who has NFL experience would also allow the Bills to keep their draft picks. 

I just see this as better better option than landing a kid who may or may not work. 

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

But as i've stated in the MANY other threads and I've just gotten sick of typing it - IF there is a guy they LOVE then do it.

I'll never understand why this simple concept is so lost on people. I suspect it has something to do with those who insist on measuring value vs. pick vs. money vs. everything else, but for the love of pete, man, if you know who you want, and they are there for you, freaking take them.

Who gives a crap if it's a reach, or the value numbers don't work?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Yav said:

That’s all fine and I agree that what the Bills do I will be fine with, but I don’t think anyone is wrong in either camp. I personally am not impressed with any of these QBs and honestly what has Luck really done? I just think they can get AJ and not loose draft picks and can’t really understand people saying AJ is unproven and garbage but why isn’t he just as good as the kids in the draft. That being said, landing AJ who has NFL experience would also allow the Bills to keep their draft picks. 

I just see this as better better option than landing a kid who may or may not work. 

But technically, they have done/tried that approach before and here we are. They could do that any year they want. Lots of $$ to play with going forward. I just feel like what you want (which although i disagree, I respect) can be done any year they want. There will always be a guy who didn't get a shot or who has played spot duty and showed potential. Its not often it's set up to make a big move and draft your guy and not destroy the franchises future. Its not like this is 2013 where 1 or 0 guys have rd 1 grades. This was a hyped class and it seems the precived issues with this year's class is kinda nitpicky. There could be 4 HOF, or there could be zero with this qb class. But many years you could say there are 1 or 2 known potential yellow jackets. Obviously this is getting down the rabbit hole here... But it's becoming the #1 argument now (bc tyrod is gone and next years cap opens up) is that it's an uncertainty and there's no sure thing. That's the draft. The whole idea is to limit the chances of a bust. If they eyed a guy the love where they feel the chances are smaller then give it a whirl! At least it won't be a half assed attempt like jp and ej. Plus,  no abbreviated 2 letter 1st name qbs this year.... so we are golden!!;)