It doesn't matter who we draft

Jobot

I like the wild speculating. Obviously I understand the draft will reveal itself when it happens. I also understand that I won't really know if the picks are good until we get to see them in games. 

I believe in what's going on with the Bills. I like to check in on what people think of the new developments. 

I understand what you mean but people are gonna speculate and that makes good reading sometimes for me.

6 hours ago, Thurmanator 12074 said:

You are right it does does not matter, we could draft 5 non QB hall of fame players in this draft and we would be no further ahead. The only thing that Matters is getting a top 10 franchise QB that can throw from the pocket in must pass situations. This is all that matters and nothing will change until the Bills take care of the QB position. Will see what happens, they screwed it up last year by passing on Mahomes and Watson. They better get there act together on this QB thing or we might start another 17 year drought of not making the playoffs. 

Superman at QB is not worth beans if the o-line can not keep him on his feet, and if the defense can't stop the other team.  Your logic is that the teams are otherwise matched- then a better QB is important.  Sorry, an ok  QB with a strong supporting cast will beat a good QB with a weak supporting cast ever time.

On 3/8/2018 at 12:38 PM, Jobot said:

Sit back and relax with the upcoming draft.  Whoever gets taken/traded/signed is a guy that this organization believes in.

A fan message board isn't for folks who don't sweat the details.  

I tailgate before each game with a good dozen or so season ticket holders who never look at Bills news online.......they only catch official team tweets on their phone or read the actual hard copy of TBN........but that's it..........it's OK to be casual about the product.......down for whatever........but this ain't the place for it......you are wasting your time here if you think it is.:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

You have to draft the right players and put them into the right situation. There is also luck with injuries. Look at Goodwin, dude was good when he played but just always got hurt, he goes to the 49ers and puts up a career year and stays healthy. There are also a lot of players that just get drafted into a bad situation, either the scheme doesn't fit their skillset or the coaching isn't good enough to develop them. 

As a fan you don't have control but message boards are made for wild speculation and uneducated opinions. 

Disagree. It Does matter who we draft. It is part of the puzzle. Coaching is one piece, talent is another, scheme is another, culture is another, QB is another, etc.

There's not one thing you can point to to describe a winning team. It takes it all, which is why it is hard to do.

Skill in drafting does make a difference to NFL teams.  It is very possible to pick high in the first round and get a bust.  Buffalo was plagued by poor drafting through most of the current millennium.  Fans can worry about that, or not.  I have lots of interest, but don't worry too awful much since I can't do anything about it.

19 hours ago, MJS said:

Disagree. It Does matter who we draft. It is part of the puzzle. Coaching is one piece, talent is another, scheme is another, culture is another, QB is another, etc.

There's not one thing you can point to to describe a winning team. It takes it all, which is why it is hard to do.

Disagree.  Culture will lead to everything that you mentioned.  Culture puts expectation on every part of an organization.  Culture builds leadership throughout the entire organization.  Culture gives every department purpose and accountability.

The only thing I'll give you is you also need smart people buying into this culture, but everything else trickles down to gameday success.  If you've got a guy at the top to drive culture (which I believe we do in Mcdermott), then everything else will fall into place.

On 3/8/2018 at 4:10 PM, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

You must be new. Check out our draft history over the last 20 years and try to catch up to the rest of us

You need to stop living in the past era of subpar Bills drafts.

We now have a competent GM and HC in the house. I am excited to see who they select this year.

• Like (+1) 1