Please Stop With the Watson/Jackson Comparisons

H2o

2 minutes ago, HiddenInLight said:

He ranked dead last in ball velocity at the combine.  I'm not so sure he has the arm strength to throw in the wind here.

this reply is just lazy, If you watched his combine or watched any of his games even highlights you can obviously see that your wrong on every level.

Just now, HiddenInLight said:

His throws are going to look like Ryan Fitzpatrick for 8 games a year.

Do you know how absolutely stupid this sounds....are you trolling?

Ryan Fitzpatrick has to put his whole body into throws.....seriously.....Lamar Jackson FLICKS HIS WRIST.....and the ball is driving down the field.

They are not comparable

2 minutes ago, HiddenInLight said:

His throws are going to look like Ryan Fitzpatrick for 8 games a year.

Do you realize Jackson's combine ball speed is exactly the same as Watson's at the 2017 combine?  Your point has zero merit. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

this reply is just lazy, If you watched his combine or watched any of his games even highlights you can obviously see that your wrong on every level.

Maybe we could get a Quarterback we don't need to make excuses for for once in our lives as fans.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick has to put his whole body into throws.....seriously.....Lamar Jackson FLICKS HIS WRIST.....and the ball is driving down the field.

They are not comparable

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Do you realize Jackson's combine ball speed is exactly the same as Watson's at the 2017 combine?  Your point has zero merit. 

If he Bills sign Jackson, are you two going to fight over him?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

really? we have bad weather 8 games a year? I think you should check your facts.

We do have strong wind inside of the stadium 8 times a year because of the way New Era Field was constructed.  The wind has a slight wind tunnel effect, and the fact that the Bowl sits below ground causes it to swirl around at field level.  It's the same reason that you need a kicker with a strong leg on our team as well.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Do you realize Jackson's combine ball speed is exactly the same as Watson's at the 2017 combine.  Your point has zero merit. 

That's interesting.  Last year I was told, repeatedly,  that Watson's 49mph ball was a disaster waiting to happen at the NFL level.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

They are not comparable

Yeah - when he does that like, hip torque thing, the ball is flyin.  

I just wonder if he can you know... fly it to someone on our team.

Just now, dneveu said:

Yeah - when he does that like, hip torque thing, the ball is flyin.  

I just wonder if he can you know... fly it to someone on our team.

I wonder about that too.

Footwork and accuracy can't be taught. See: manuel, ej

1 minute ago, HiddenInLight said:

We do have strong wind inside of the stadium 8 times a year because of the way New Era Field was constructed.  The wind has a slight wind tunnel effect, and the fact that the Bowl sits below ground causes it to swirl around at field level.  It's the same reason that you need a kicker with a strong leg on our team as well.

Which is not even an issue because your claim that Jackson doesnt have a arm is bs.

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Which is not even an issue because your claim that Jackson doesnt have a arm is bs.

When all is said and done he is going to be a slightly better Tyrod Taylor, and I doubt he will be a franchise guy that can win championships, unless he can sit for 2-3 years and fall into an ideal situation.  He is not the type of guy I want to have to put the team on his back to win the game.  Drafting him is like going to the Olympics and finishing 4th.  Yeah, the idea sounds nice and all, but you still lost.

Just now, HiddenInLight said:

When all is said and done he is going to be a slightly better Tyrod Taylor, and I doubt he will be a franchise guy that can win championships, unless he can sit for 2-3 years and fall into an ideal situation.  He is not the type of guy I want to have to put the team on his back to win the game.  Drafting him is like going to the Olympics and finishing 4th.  Yeah, the idea sounds nice and all, but you still lost.

This tells me all I need to know about your agenda

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HiddenInLight said:

If a team like Pitt or NO picked him and sat him behind a future HOFer I think he could do well.  He's a gamer, and he seems like one of those guys who truly cares.  

I just don't know if he's smart enough, or if he can fix all his issues.  Who knows?