Guys who killed the combine and moved up the draft. How were their careers?

Mango

Darius Slay.  I remember him running and Mayock saying he needed to go back and watch him some more.  His teammate at Mississippi State was supposed to be the better db.  He's had a really nice career so far.  

1 hour ago, CountDorkula said:

the NFL Combine is a worthless event that the NFL has successfully turned into a money grab.

The combine proves that these guys are indeed athletes, which we already knew.

Kudos, NFL, kudos. 

I've seen a couple of people refer to the Combine as a money grab. I usually enjoy watching it, even though it is largely irrelevant in the big scheme of things, but I do like some of the content, like Mayock showing how certain drills translate to real plays in the NFL, complete with film break down.

That being said, why do some see this as a money grab? I am not questioning it, just don't see it that way and curious why others do.

If you are doing it right the all star games and the combine should do no more than make you go back to the tape. Either because someone shows out better than expected or much worse. 

But you should never change a grade based on a senior bowl / shrine game or combine / pro day. 

The best indicator is always, always the tape. I know people don't like that answer in our modern "analytics" world because tape evaluation is, by its very nature, going to be subjective. It really helps watching college games in season as well before the mock draft season or the talking heads big boards. Because then you pick out players who stand out to you on the field and not just names in a list. Some of my biggest "hits" on guys were people who I saw in season and impressed me. Robby Anderson at Temple and Deion Jones at LSU spring to mind.