Vikings Will Make a Strong Push for Cousins in UFA

26CornerBlitz

One major point of career is to make money, and Kirk has shown that he knows how to get the most out of the system.

The guy has made some serious cash the past few years, so why not? If I'm a player and some team wants to keep tagging me I would take it. You make enormous money and you aren't locked in somewhere if things go south quickly.

I think Cousins likely goes to Minnesota, but it sucks for the Bills.

Thats the one rumored team that actually hurts Buffalo, as They pick well after us in the draft.

Id much rather him go to a team like Denver, Arizona or even the NYJ, who by signing him would all leave a QB on the board for Buffalo. 

Ideal scenario in my mind is that Cousins goes to Denver, Keenum goes to the NYJ, and Bradford/Bridgewater go to Arizona and all3 pass on drafting a QB with their top pick. 

On 3/1/2018 at 8:11 AM, 26CornerBlitz said:

Seems more and more likely this guy's top/only priority is money.

Itll be intresting to see if he picks the team that offers him the most money, or if he goes to the best situation.

Edited by BillsFan4

5 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I think Cousins likely goes to Minnesota, but it sucks for the Bills.

Thats the one rumored team that actually hurts Buffalo, as They pick well after us in the draft.

Id much rather him go to a team like Denver, Arizona or even the NYJ, who by signing him would all leave a QB on the board for Buffalo. 

Ideal scenario in my mind is that Cousins goes to Denver, Keenum goes to the NYJ, and Bradford/Bridgewater go to Arizona and all3 pass on drafting a QB with their top pick. 

MIN is without a doubt the best plug and play scenario for him. 

Ralph Vacchiano of SNY reports that the Jets are taking the Minnesota threat seriously “after some informal, preliminary talks with his camp this week.”

Yes, informal, preliminary talks technically are prohibited. But they happen, every year involving every team. Any team that isn’t doing it has put itself at a competitive disadvantage. So if the Jets have had informal, preliminary talks with the Cousins camp, the Vikings have, too, and the planets are starting to align as to the quarterback’s future.

The Jets, per Vacchiano, have heard enough to move on to “Plans B and C and, if possibly D” at quarterback. Although the Jets believe, per Vacchiano, that they can offer more money and a better structure to Cousins, the Jets fear that Cousins would take less to go to Minnesota for a better chance to win.

It would nice to see the Bills in the running at least to show that we are serious about fixing our biggest problem. Still pisses me off to the Day how we just ignored Bress due to Losman and Edwards back in the day. I'm not saying Cousins is Bress but he would be the best QB we had is so long. I really hope Beane has the plan for the draft or this thing could blow up.

Edited by Real McCoy

Just now, Real McCoy said:

It would nice to see the Bills in the running at least to show that we are serious about fixing our biggest problem. Still pisses me off to the Day how we just ignored Bress due to Losman and Edwards back in the day. I'm not saying Cousins is Bress but would be the best QB we had is so long. I really hope Beane has the plan for the draft or this thing could blow up.

...they are in the running....running in the opposite direction I believe...............

• Haha (+1) 1

I think it's more important to ask, "What percentage of the cap should a team dedicate to the QB."  That is of course assuming they believe they're signing a quality QB who can win them a Super Bowl.

I'm guessing this contract puts them in the neighborhood of 15 - 16% per year (lower number this year, number goes up each year with cap).  Is that too much?  What's a good percentage?  Again, this questions doesn't need to be QB specific.  Everyone's opinion on the QB will differ, but obviously Minny thinks they would be getting the right guy.