What comes first Egg or Chicken?

Ned Kelly

7 hours ago, Ned Kelly said:

Just curious, no right or wrong answer.

Would it matter who we had as Qb with our current O line or do you pick/trade up and get the novacaine ( appease the masses) Qb?

What if first round QB ie. Rossen, Baker etc

threw 5 interceptions in their first game due to trying to work in a ****ty pocket with no protection?

Some posters seem to be obsessed with having a 1st rnd QB even if the ol and dl are rubbish. ( Madden)

I think we have an opportunity to do it the other way around. Build the Scariest D line and an impenetrable oLine 

Thoughts?

Yes, make every player on the team exceptional at his position and hope he plays to his maximum every time we take the field in order to shelter the QB's deficiencies.

Or just finally get a good QB.

Decisions.

15 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The order in which you build a team doesn’t matter. The hardest piece to get however is the QB. It takes 20% planning, 30% availability and 50% luck. The Bills have planned to go after one this year and there is a crazy amount of availability (comparatively). They need to get it right but the odds of getting a guy now are greater than they have been in the past.

So with this formula, trading the farm for a top QB is risky business and mostly luck.  Think of the 83 draft and how many QBs were taken before Marino.  He was taken at 27.  Maybe we get lucky at 21 or 22.  Does anyone think that any of these guys are sure things??

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

So with this formula, trading the farm for a top QB is risky business and mostly luck.  Think of the 83 draft and how many QBs were taken before Marino.  He was taken at 27.  Maybe we get lucky at 21 or 22.  Does anyone think that any of these guys are sure things??

I was actually kind of thinking of the ‘83 draft.  Some of the guys will work out and some won’t. All of these guys aren’t going to be good. It’s a matter of getting it right.

16 hours ago, Ned Kelly said:

No idea.

He may take 3 dumps a day, 1.3 more than is considered 'elite' for a QB.

Sorry, I don't understand the q? Or the point you are trying to make.

My point is this: With all of the questions about do we draft a QB this year, do we move up to get him, who do we take, will they get killed behind our O-line, etc., all of that may not matter because we may just do a draft & stash this year.  For example, we make some trades and move up in the first to grab Rosen and have him ride the bench for the year until we finish getting the rest of the team fixed or until he's ready.  Steve Young, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, etc., all didn't start right away.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Ned Kelly said:

Who? They are going to be throwing from a collapsed pocket, 2 of the top 5 qbs in the draft  throw of the back foot as it is.

I'm guess I'm hoping McDermott and Beane are a little more astute than previous regimes.

stop, when Dallas got aikman he was sacked 100x his first year. They built up the oline and they went in to win multiple SB's.....get QB first....he is both the chicken and the egg...

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Ned Kelly said:

Just curious, no right or wrong answer.

Would it matter who we had as Qb with our current O line or do you pick/trade up and get the novacaine ( appease the masses) Qb?

What if first round QB ie. Rossen, Baker etc

threw 5 interceptions in their first game due to trying to work in a ****ty pocket with no protection?

Some posters seem to be obsessed with having a 1st rnd QB even if the ol and dl are rubbish. ( Madden)

I think we have an opportunity to do it the other way around. Build the Scariest D line and an impenetrable oLine 

Thoughts?

You can't fix every problem, there is no team that's perfect they just mask the problems really well, if you have a shaky OL then you better have a scheme where your QB gets the ball out fast. If we pick another Cyrus Kouandjio it will be another 3 years and a cloud of dust before we choose a QB ,probably hiring a new HC also.