Rumor: Tops Markets to declare bankruptcy

\GoBillsInDallas/

On 2/18/2018 at 9:40 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Please, Please let Wegmans Buy All Their Stores!! 0:)

Aldis is awesome, Never heafd of Price Chopper.

A ****ty chain based in Albany. It’s one step up the food chain from Tops. 

On 2/19/2018 at 7:54 AM, Just Jack said:

Olean?

Price Chopper is based out of the Albany area. Syracuse might be the farthest west they go. 

Owego, NY I believe. They have 3 stores in Binghamton and some in the Scranton/WB area as well. 

7 hours ago, PolishDave said:

?

Union pensions = legal Ponzi schemes

It sucks losing a job.

In this day and age it is very risky if you don't keep learning new skills and developing yourself.   You pretty much have to prepare for your eventual firing because it is going to happen at some point.

That is of course unless you work for local, county, state or Federal government.    In that case, get yourself the best recliner you can find and enjoy sleeping your way through life on the back of (actually) hard working taxpayers.

So, why don't you apply for some of those choice jobs with your state or local government so you can get yourself a secure job and a pension if you're so jealous of public employees?  Not well educated enough (teacher, engineer, bank examiner, computer programmer, accountant, lawyer, etc)?  Not brave enough (law enforcement, fireman, border agent, park ranger)?  Not skilled enough (heavy equipment operator, building inspector, facility manager)?  Not up to dealing with troubled, scary, disgusting people (social workers, mentally ill, convicts, parolees)?  Or maybe you don't like public employee salaries which tend to lag behind similar positions in most technical, medical, business, and legal fields except at the entry level.

Just now, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Too Busy Scouting co-workers ;)

They told me that I wasn't an efficient enough cart pusher at 15...

They couldn't comprehend when I told them that the only other cart pusher with me was a 6'2 270 pound behemoth and played college ball

i was like yea, I'm not as efficient as kong over there , and then I begged them not to fire me hahaha

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

So, why don't you apply for some of those choice jobs with your state or local government so you can get yourself a secure job and a pension if you're so jealous of public employees?  Not well educated enough (teacher, engineer, bank examiner, computer programmer, accountant, lawyer, etc)?  Not brave enough (law enforcement, fireman, border agent, park ranger)?  Not skilled enough (heavy equipment operator, building inspector, facility manager)?  Not up to dealing with troubled, scary, disgusting people (social workers, mentally ill, convicts, parolees)?  Or maybe you don't like public employee salaries which tend to lag behind similar positions in most technical, medical, business, and legal fields except at the entry level.

I've been semi-retired for decades now bro.  Already made my dough.

When I was working full time - I did contractor work for government agencies.   

Literally caught an entire workforce at a local government office sleeping on the job.   They had a dedicated room full of couches and recliners.    Walked into the main entrance of the place - couldn't even find a receptionist.    After 10 minutes of wandering around I was lucky enough to catch a girl coming out of the ladies room.   I asked her "where is everyone?  I have a 2PM meeting with the boss."   She responded - "they are in room at the end of the hall - just go in."   I walk in and literally every single worker in the place "other than that girl" was lounged out sleeping either in a recliner or a sofa.   I startled them when I came in.  This was their regular routine.   It was 2PM.   They get out of work at 4.  Taxpayer dollars hard at work.    I should have taken photos and sent them to the news.

Want more stories?  Because I have a shitton of them.  Public employees rampant abuse of their employer "the taxpayer".   Why? - Because there is no accountability when you are funding your business with other people's money who can't turn the spicket off.

Never once seen anything like that for any of the places I worked at in the private sector.   Never even close to it.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Tierlifer said:

A ****ty chain based in Albany. It’s one step up the food chain from Tops. 

Owego, NY I believe. They have 3 stores in Binghamton and some in the Scranton/WB area as well. 

Have them in Canada as well. 

1 minute ago, thebug said:

Have them in Canada as well. 

I believe that’s a different Price Chopper than the one we are referring too. The one out of Schenectady  is based only in the states and owned by The Golub Family and soon transitioning to be called “Market 32”.

There is also a Price Chopper chain in the Midwest near Kansas City. 

1 minute ago, Tierlifer said:

I believe that’s a different Price Chopper than the one we are referring too. The one out of Schenectady  is based only in the states and owned by The Golub Family and soon transitioning to be called “Market 32”.

Gotcha. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

They told me that I wasn't an efficient enough cart pusher at 15...

They couldn't comprehend when I told them that the only other cart pusher with me was a 6'2 270 pound behemoth and played college ball

i was like yea, I'm not as efficient as kong over there , and then I begged them not to fire me hahaha

Well it worked out in the end , being a scout sounds like a lot more fun to me :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I honestly just like ogling cheerleaders  ?

Not more Jills bro :(

15 minutes ago, Tierlifer said:

Market 32 is an odd name.