Let's hope its not Rudolph

Estelle Getty

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....and my opinion is that McBeane doesn't sacrifice draft capital to move up for either......the intrigue continues................

however, a great move would be 21/22 plus tyrod to the browns for no.4.  the browns get  darnold at 1 and a bridge with 2 quality picks to get more talent and we get mayfield.

1 minute ago, billsredneck1 said:

however, a great move would be 21/22 plus tyrod to the browns for no.4.  the browns get  darnold at 1 and a bridge with 2 quality picks to get more talent and we get mayfield.

...if McCarron was on the Browns radar and that fell apart, do you think they have changed their focus now?...............

1 minute ago, billsredneck1 said:

Better throw in AT LEAST a 2nd as well to even get Cleveland to answer the phone.

I will be surprised if Cleveland is even interested in trading down.  They already have 4 picks in the top 35

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...if McCarron was on the Browns radar and that fell apart, do you think they have changed their focus now?...............

well they own the no.1 pick and since that deal did fall apart they're gonna have to pay through the nose to get him in a browns uni....imo

5 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Better throw in AT LEAST a 2nd as well to even get Cleveland to answer the phone.

I will be surprised if Cleveland is even interested in trading down.  They already have 4 picks in the top 35

...they originally targeted McCarron and things fell apart....what's changed now?.....he's been declared a UFA...............

6 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

true, but if they go qb at one and turn no.4 into 2 starters, i'd think they'd make that deal....and if i did have to give them a second, it would have to be next year's.

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...they originally targeted McCarron and things fell apart....what's changed now?.....he's been declared a UFA...............

Even with that, they still don’t need to trade down - they have picks 1, 4, 33, 35, 65, 97, 120.  That is 6 picks in the top 100.   They do already have some talent - with decent QBing and the picks they already have, they could become a very good team quickly.

Edited by OldTimer1960
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

what's changed is that they would have to pay him franchise money vs. giving up a 2nd round pick.

So does that give us another option to speculate on? 

Edited by Lfod

3 hours ago, Estelle Getty said:

After seeing and hearing the rumblings that the Bills will take Rudolph if he is there at 21 I decided to watch some of his tape. Im no pro scout but this is what stood out to me. 

1.  He is in the typical dumbed down type of collge offense that Beane said he is trying to avoid.  Didn't see any passes from under center. 

2.  He locks on to one reciever.  He depends on his primary reciever to get open as he will stare them down for multiple seconds without so much as turning his head.  

3.  The only time he seems to look for other reads is when he leaves the pocket because his first read is not open for multiple seconds. He gets uncomfortable and leaves the pocket rather than stepping up like big time NFL QBs do.  Remind you of anyone?

4.  He is an accurate passer. When the recievers are open he gets the ball to them.  He can make some tight throws and has a decent deep ball.  

5.  He can create plays with his legs.  He seems to have decent speed and was asked to do alot of read option in his college system.

From what I saw he seems like a Blaine Gabbert/Bryce Petty type more than anything. A guy who ran quick pace, 1 read offense that had success in college who you are basically just hoping can learn an NFL offense.  It usually doesn't work out, and we as fans deserve more than that. 

Were you watching a tape of Tyrod Taylor?  

Because Hammer meet nail.  

9 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

well they own the no.1 pick and since that deal did fall apart they're gonna have to pay through the nose to get him in a browns uni....imo

...HUGE disparity between Glennon dollars (FAILED) and Jimmy G dollars (unproven) with Carr somewhere in between as an INCOMPLETE due to injury.......where does McCarron fall?....

3 hours ago, purple haze said:

You say he's accurate with the throws, has a good deep ball...  he's also very experienced, highly productive, big and tall and is said to have great personal and football character.  The type of players the Bills drafted last year. Rudolph very well could be their guy.  He won't cost extra picks to get and he fits what seems to be a player profile OBD likes.

He is not my favorite QB, but I won't scream if they draft him.  It's all a crap shoot.

This.

I'd love to trade up for Rosen, or whatever, or sign cousins, but it's all hypothetical

If nobody is willing to let us trade up, doesn't matter what we want.

If cousins doesn't want to sign here, and nobody really knows what he wants yet, then all the "just sign cousins" **** goes out the window

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....anything to read into McBeane personally scouting him twice, first at the WVU game and then his bowl game?.......or is it protocol for the top guy to personally do the scouting as part of a "smoke screen"?.....what do you think?...........

OSU also has the best deep ball threat in the draft.  So to assume he was only watching Rudoplh is a stretch.  

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...HUGE disparity between Glennon dollars (FAILED) and Jimmy G dollars (unproven) with Carr somewhere in between as an INCOMPLETE due to injury.......where does McCarron fall?....

i'm guessing he will get 20 mil. and go to whoever offers the longest/most guaranteed contract. maybe he ends up in buffalo, who knows....

8 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

OSU also has the best deep ball threat in the draft.  So to assume he was only watching Rudoplh is a stretch.  

i'd draft both. the reason i wouldn't mind rudolph is because it saves our picks. i would prefer mayfield if possible, but if it's not doable... i want vita vea with one of those firsts.

48 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Assuming that's true, that's quite an upgrade around these parts.

Let's not forget whose arm broke the drought for us after 17 years.

I am not blaspheming sir Andy by any means :thumbsup: I am saying that I believe Andy Dalton type is Rudolph's ceiling. That's the best I could see him being. My expectation for Rudolph is that he's not going to end up being that good. 

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

I am not blaspheming sir Andy by any means :thumbsup: I am saying that I believe Andy Dalton type is Rudolph's ceiling. That's the best I could see him being. My expectation for Rudolph is that he's not going to end up being that good. 

but then again he could end up outperforming every qb in this class...except probably mayfield.

15 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

but then again he could end up outperforming every qb in this class...except probably mayfield.

Anything "could" happen. Vita Vea "could" drop 100 pounds and end up the best pure passer of the draft. 

Whatever QB we draft or sign I'm hoping have solid mechanics to start with. I don't see them improving much being coached by a WR coach masquerading as a QB coach.