Matt Harmon: Best Tight-Window Passers of 2017

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

3 takeaways by the Bills and 3 to 9 points in each occurrence is not a lot to boast about in all honesty.  

I’m not boasting at all about the offence.

Im saying turnovers are huge in games and was the difference in 3 to 4 bills wins this year

14 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I’m not boasting at all about the offence.

Im saying turnovers are huge in games and was the difference in 3 to 4 bills wins this year

More of a generic comment than directly to you.  

Also how many turnovers in the Bengals game that the Bills lost by 4 points.     

I believe the answer is 3.  

Bills scoring    1 TD and 3 FGs 

Based on these conversations the defense saved a number of games and as a result make TT “look better”

(which BTW was something I predicted)

A better defense will make TT (or any QB) look better.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

33 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

More of a generic comment than directly to you.  

Also how many turnovers in the Bengals game that the Bills lost by 4 points.     

I believe the answer is 3.  

Bills scoring    1 TD and 3 FGs 

Based on these conversations the defense saved a number of games and as a result make TT “look better”

(which BTW was something I predicted)

A better defense will make TT (or any QB) look better.  

There offence was pitiful last year.

Im in agreement with you there 

1 hour ago, billsfan11 said:

Seriously? Lol. Against Atlanta they got a defensive TD and they won by 4 points. They had 3 turnovers that game that lead to 10 to 13 points. Easily the difference in the game.

Against Denver they got 3 turnovers which resulted in 6 points and took off points off the board for the Broncos.

TB they literally won the game off a fumble that set up the game winning kick.

Oaklsnd they got 4 turnovers and one was a defensive TD.

You’re actually saying the Bills win at least 2 of those games without those turnovers/not turning the ball over?

Not a chance in hell 

100%. I cant believe he’s arguing the TO differential we had wasn’t a direct impact in the season. Honestly... it’s really the only thing the team did really well. They took the ball away and didn’t turn it over and it won them games. 

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

100%. I cant believe he’s arguing the TO differential we had wasn’t a direct impact in the season. Honestly... it’s really the only thing the team did really well. They took the ball away and didn’t turn it over and it won them games. 

Want to read what I REALLY said that the lack of TOs from Tyrod really get overblown. 

And that TO differential get way more weight than they should around here. 

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Exactly. They are a  5 to 6 win team last year  without all those turnovers

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

And that is a given that the QB will give 2-3 every game?  Even though all stats point to INT being down every year league wide?  

Also the turnovers are really overblown here. You know how many games we won the TO differential and lost the game? 

At some point being so RISK adverse hurts just as much as a TO

Here is what i said 

and yes i dont count Defensive TDs because that has ABSOLUTELY Nothing to do with TT. 

Would the defense not get those same points if Peterman was the QB at that point in time?

Edited by MAJBobby

22 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No player is boiled down to a game or two when he's been starter over the course of three seasons. But have at it. 

26 .. please look at QBR over the last 3 years for TT ... not cherry picking there ... the numbers speak for themselves.

9 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

26 .. please look at QBR over the last 3 years for TT ... not cherry picking there ... the numbers speak for themselves.

Another irony.....   

TT has been lauded for having 2 or 3 spectacular games per season over 3 seasons....   And the "haters" are supposed to accept that and say he's a real good QB.  

Lets view this like an Olympic event ....   Toss out the 2 worst and 2 best games  per season.   What is the resulting "score"?  

Mediocre at best 

24 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

He's a limited, but serviceable starting QB at the NFL level.  That's what the numbers say and that shouldn't be a revelation to anyone.

9 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

nobody is saying that but a rooking for one of the available vets will be an upgrade over Taylor.  

I'm not too sure about that.

More Tds and more big plays? I would say for sure.

More mistakes and more turnovers? I would also say for sure as well.

So it depends on what that balance is

9 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

I'm not too sure about that.

More Tds and more big plays? I would say for sure.

More mistakes and more turnovers? I would also say for sure as well.

So it depends on what that balance is

Balance is key all around.  

Not only run to pass but a reliable pass and run game so that when one faultes you can use the other successfully.  

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Luka said:

HA exactly.

This whole "tight windows throw" thing is just another example how some people's brains shut down when it comes to Taylor. So let's see if we can get this straight : He is pretty damn good throwing into "tight windows" per the article quoted, but the response is he won't attempt the throws. People won't stand for any excuses - say, team management dumping Hogan, Goodwin, Watkins, Woods, Gillislee, etc. Nope; the problem is Taylor refuses to pull the trigger. It's just another one of those crippling flaws which disqualify him from starting in the league

Isn't it hilarious? You see crap like that over and over in the comments above. Well, let's look at the numbers :

• Per the article, the average percent of tight windows throws is 18.6.
  • Per the article, Taylor averaged 15.0

And what does that mean? That means maybe once per game Taylor didn't attempt a tight throw as compared to NFL average. Maybe once every other game he didn't complete a pass. That's not even considering the mess he's had at receiver these past two years, regardless of whether you think the separation stat is legit or not. That's just taking the numbers at face value.

We've seen the same nonsense with "middle throws" or that tired old platitude "throwing with anticipation". People take some spoon-fed cliche and three things happen :

• First, they suddenly don't see Taylor throwing over the middle, leading a receiver or threading a needle. With the cliche in their heads, that stuff becomes invisible
  • Second, they don't seem to realize even if these things are a relative weakness in Taylor's game, it's by thin margins. They don't realize this because :
  • They're too busy wailing in hysterical panic, tearing their hair out by the fistful, sobbing in anguished grief. Cliches have a terrible effect on some people's ability to think.