Anyone ever had a mole removed?

Steptide

2 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

I had a mole on my wrist that bleed for no apparent reason. Had my general physician look at it and he didn't think it looked bad. Anyways he removed it on my next visit. I got that 4pm Friday phone call a few weeks later to tell me it was melanoma. Stuff happened pretty quick after that and I had a subsequent surgery to make sure he got it all (which he did). So I get check ups yearly now with the dermatologist. SO yes be concerned, take care of yourself and hopefully you have a good doctor.

I go to get check for melanoma ever year. When they freeze something off they warn me it will sting/hurt. Nothing. You want hurt, pull a mustache hair out. That's a hurt!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

my father had a mole on his chin that he would cut while shaving

so the family doc burned it off without freezing it first

that must have been awful

similar      I smelled the burning flesh and all  only I don't recall the laser hurting .  maybe it was a local to numb the area

22 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

similar      I smelled the burning flesh and all  only I don't recall the laser hurting .  maybe it was a local to numb the area

this was in the early 1980s, a few people got the vapours just thinking about it when told

his doctors friends couldn't believe this was done to him

i think it was one of those woodburning tools back then

58 minutes ago, Hammered a Lot said:

I go to get check for melanoma ever year. When they freeze something off they warn me it will sting/hurt. Nothing. You want hurt, pull a mustache hair out. That's a hurt!

My dermatologist also freezes some stuff off as well. Usually what he refers to as "the barnacles of the skin". However some of the larger ones get the freeze spray more than once. Definitely bearable and better than the knife.  

Get it checked. 

This is as good of thread as any.  Friend of mine got diagnosed at 19 with a small spot on leg that developed. Skin cancer. Went thru full treatment.  Remission so good. Went to USC. Oncology pharmacist. One of the top young talents in the country, rising star by 25.

25 years old. Headaches come, diagnosed with cancer from skin cancer that spread throughout. Riddled with brain tumors.  Stage iv. Insisted upon an independent lifestyle. All her family 400 miles away, she lived in NC and worked at WFU Baptist after doing work at Hopkins and MD Anderson.

I would go over 2 or 3 times a week when it was at it's roughest for chemo and radiation to take care of her. Staying up all night, as she threw up, ached, tossed, turn, carry her to different rooms.  Drove me absolutely mad that the world would take someone like her and !@#$ her life up and let douchebags like me just ride through life as a f-up.

She passed in December right after Christmas at 27 years old.

Get your skin checked.  It could be worse than just a mole 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, row_33 said:

always fun when the doc pulls out a scalpel and carves away on the bottom of my foot

that's tough skin in some parts

Even more "fun" when the doc has to do a hemorrhoid banding/rubber band ligation.

Not that I ever had that done... Just something you do NOT (unless you're into that kinda thing) wanna look forward too.  And, if you don't know what it is... Look it up, I guarantee you won't amused.

Okay... Did the homework:

https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/rubber-band-ligation-for-hemorrhoids

:ph34r:

i'm just a long-term case for athlete's foot and various harmless stuff that can be carved out a few times a year, no pain invovled

i had a friend go in for hemorrhoid and fissure work (rubber rings galore) and when I asked what was the last straw before going in he said he was biting a towel and screaming while trying to have a BM before wisening up

one time he didn't finish the bacterial antibiotics for pneumonia by half and was back on the ring again...

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

this was in the early 1980s, a few people got the vapours just thinking about it when told

his doctors friends couldn't believe this was done to him

i think it was one of those woodburning tools back then

I is it wrong  if I find that funny?

39 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Even more "fun" when the doc has to do a hemorrhoid banding/rubber band ligation.

Not that I ever had that done... Just something you do NOT (unless you're into that kinda thing) wanna look forward too.  And, if you don't know what it is... Look it up, I guarantee you won't amused.

Been there too well the hemorrhoid part.  another laser job.   

I would joke about having a flaming !@#$  

Not in the slightest, the most sympathy given was "ooo, that must have sucked"

image.png.e5ad7fd2284b03a2c5edd0f897c5bf13.png

18 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I is it wrong  if I find that funny?

Been there too well the hemorrhoid part.  another laser job.   

I would joke about having a flaming !@#$  

Usually the response is everyone has told me I'm a perfect a-hole

Edited by row_33
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

We’ve known about your roid rage for years.  This just fully explains it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1