Sammy Coming Back???

Kwai San

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It's basically an attempt to blame Tyrod for the receiver corps being awful.

The two are independent of each other. 

Correct.  It wasn't a good WR cast, but also unfair to call them the worst considering who was throwing it to them.

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Wasn't Tyrod under contract last year? How do you know no one wanted him?

He was under contract, but his agent was allowed to go shopping, and after two months of insisting they won't restructure his contract, they agreed to a $10 million pay cut.   How many starting QBs accept that?

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The 1995 group was bad with Andre Reed injured but Bill Brooks and Russell Copeland were with the team the entire season.   So JK's top available target wasn't the worst performing WR in the league like Zay Jones.........it was Bill Brooks who caught 11 TD passes.

If you mean in terms of pedigree regardless of whether the players were hobbled or how they actually played that season.........KB and Jordan Matthews have a LONG way to go before they put up the nearly 22,000 yards receiving that Reed and Brooks put up combined. 

I know I've told you this before Gerry........but your takes........they just aren't good.    I am astounded by how little thought or research you put into it.:lol:

Yup, it's my fault that you misuse stats.  Why have Matthews' numbers plummeted playing with Taylor, while Woods' & Goodwin's numbers improved while playing away from Taylor?

10 minutes ago, GG said:

Why have Matthews' numbers plummeted playing with Taylor, while Woods' & Goodwin's numbers improved while playing away from Taylor?

1. Matthews didn't play a snap with Tyrod until the regular season.  That matters in a rhythm/timing offense, IMHO.;)

2. Matthews was hurt most of the season.

Broken sternum,  sprung his thumb in Atlanta and then a busted knee sent him to IR.   

But how do you account for Deonte Thompson's career year if Tyrod is bringing down the level of his WR?

Believe it or not a healthy Watkins and groin-strung Woods combo put up more receiving yards with Tyrod in 2015 than they did with similar health in 2017 with the high powered Rams.    

How do you rectify that in your head if Tyrod is the official stat killer of WR's?:lol:

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

1. Matthews didn't play a snap with Tyrod until the regular season.  That matters in a rhythm/timing offense, IMHO.;)

2. Matthews was hurt most of the season.

Broken sternum,  sprung his thumb in Atlanta and then a busted knee sent him to IR.   

But how do you account for Deonte Thompson's career year if Tyrod is bringing down the level of his WR?

Believe it or not a healthy Watkins and groin-strung Woods combo put up more receiving yards with Tyrod in 2015 than they did with similar health in 2017 with the high powered Rams.    

How do you rectify that in your head if Tyrod is the official stat killer of WR's?:lol:

Speaking of lazy takes.  Why not examine individual performances?

In 2017 Woods' production increased by 50% over his career averages.  Watkins declined because he was the 3rd option.

3 hours ago, GG said:

1996 was a typo, I meant to write 1995.  The WR group was pretty sorry that year, especially hurt by Reed's injury.

And please don't fall into BADOL's trap of citing statistics that have nohing to do with the quality of the WR corps (which is what the topic is).  Unless you also want to say that Tyrod is as good a quarterback as Jim Kelly.

Cue BADOL to remind us that Tyrod put up the best Bills offensive numbers in nearly 2 decades, but for whatever reason not a single QB-starved team wanted him last year, and he may not even get a 4th round draft choice in return if traded this year.   Odd how he knows more than the collective NFL.

Tyrod Taylor was a better quarterback last season than Kelly was in 1996. Kelly was awful that season. I watched every game, and he was a wreck. Just to be clear, I'm not saying Taylor had a good year this season. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Haha (+1) 1

Why, 3rdand12, are you laughing about what I said about Kelly’s 1996 season? Did you watch that debacle? The Bills were a 12-4/13-3 team with a decent qb; Bruce Smith had his best season ever that year. He had 47 pressures, for chrissake, and that defense was dominant.

Kelly was really, really bad that year.

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

We need to bring back "pwned" for this thread...

Not sure what you mean.

Edited by dave mcbride