Fred Jackson Is The WRONG Kind of Player To Roast

BuffaloRush

1 hour ago, ricojes said:

Should be a great time.  I wish my schedule permitted, but those damn upper level meetings!  At any rate, I am glad GR are running these.  I bet they are hilarious and definitely need to get to one or two...Love the pit of misery chair as well!

“the pit of misery?”  Ugh.... this event won’t be very funny.  As i states, Fred is the wrong player to roast

3 hours ago, ricojes said:

Should be a great time.  I wish my schedule permitted, but those damn upper level meetings!  At any rate, I am glad GR are running these.  I bet they are hilarious and definitely need to get to one or two...Love the pit of misery chair as well!

I agree; I think a WNY sports fan would have a hell of a good time at these things and get some one-on-one time with all kinds of WNY sports stars, if you are into that type of thing.

If I was still living in WNY I'd try to make it an annual thing.

PS:  Eric Wood looks light in that photo.  He comes across as a guy who has to work to keep his weight up during the season.

He has mentioned before that he wants to get down to like 260 in retirement.   Just interesting to see the weight come off a little the moment he stops working 24/7 to keep it up.

Listening to Schopp & Bulldog on delay, hour 3.

Schopp and Sal are at the Roast.  Eric Wood just walked by their broadcast location and they grabbed him to talk to him. 

Eric was up front saying "No talk about the injury tonight" and they talked about the Superbowl.

There is definitely some bad blood there and I think it will be an interesting story when it comes out.  Might be a while before we know the details though.

55 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I agree; I think a WNY sports fan would have a hell of a good time at these things and get some one-on-one time with all kinds of WNY sports stars, if you are into that type of thing.

If I was still living in WNY I'd try to make it an annual thing.

PS:  Eric Wood looks light in that photo.  He comes across as a guy who has to work to keep his weight up during the season.

He has mentioned before that he wants to get down to like 260 in retirement.   Just interesting to see the weight come off a little the moment he stops working 24/7 to keep it up.

I would not be surprised at all if he has to work super hard to stay 305..

my friend was an Olineman at Maryland and after his football days went from 315 to 250-260

completely changed his body

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Tough to tell whether it was actually funny.  Sal is an employee from WGR so of course he’s going to talk it up.  

3 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Can someone close this idiotic post already?

OP clueless made ASSumptions baring facts of how FJ is, was, and will always be.

The ASSumptions I made was that Fred is a likeable person and there’s not a whole lot of material to “roast” him about.  I stand by this 100%

4 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Fitz was on fire. Had the best lines of the night, by far. The zubaz underwear was a nice touch.

Freddy's brother was pretty awesome too. Aaron Williams is a fun drunk.

Fitz is a funny guy.  Share some of the jokes...

2 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

Tough to tell whether it was actually funny.  Sal is an employee from WGR so of course he’s going to talk it up.  

The ASSumptions I made was that Fred is a likeable person and there’s not a whole lot of material to “roast” him about.  I stand by this 100%

Fitz is a funny guy.  Share some of the jokes...

Just because Fred is likeable doesn't mean that he didn't do a few things in his 8 years here that are roast worthy.  These guys spent the probably 3/4 of every season together every single day. 

I'm sure he did nothing the whole time that the rest of the players thought was funny.

You really need to understand that a roast isn't about someone being likeable.  It's about honoring a person in a comedic way.

Edited by The Wiz

The thread in a nutshell...Fred's not the right subject for a roast...you obviously don't know what a roast is...I would never pay money to see this...early reviews are positive...actually, if you went to the roast, please share all the joke with me.  

There were too many good jokes to recount, but here's some highlights:

Eric Wood comes into the room during his intro, gets a standing ovation. Fitz gets introduced, about 1/3 of the room stands to applaud his arrival. He goes up to the podium and says something to the effect of, 'What, do I have to break my neck to get a standing ovation?'

Aaron Williams was pretty lit up when they started, was shitfaced by the end. He kept taking potshots at everyone (even when it wasn't his time at the podium), it was great.

Apparently Williams and Bryan Scott once played 2-on-2 baseball with Freddy and his son at Freddy's house. Williams and Scott kicked their asses and celebrated like they won the world series. Freddy's son was 4 at the time. Kid refuses to play baseball to this day.

Freddy's twin brother Patrick gave a great speech. Went on about having to watch the "Fred treatment" (being treated like royalty) his entire life. Talked about Freddy calling him at 3:00 pm on a weekday in the offseason to whine about being bored and that he was thinking about taking his kids to Disneyland. Patrick works for a living... he was not impressed: 'mother!@#$er, don't you !@#$ing call me at 3:00 to !@#$ing tell me you're !@#$ing bored and thinking about going to Disneyland!' Freddy was voted best looking man at Coe college, while his identical twin brother did not receive a vote "we have the same !@#$ing face!" It was pointed out that Patrick's future wife was attending Coe college at the time (and didn't vote for him).

Fitz had props. He mocked Eric Wood's retirement speech, referencing that it was approved by his agents and the PA not to include the word "retirement" so he could get his injury guarantee. He wore a wig for it. He then stripped down to his Bills Zubaz underwear, dressed up like Freddy, and gave a retirement speech as Jackson. Called Whaley a "spineless  [p]ussy", to much applause.

Freddy had a great story about Wood bending over at the line to snap the ball during practice, and ripping a nasty fart. Fitz audibled to a shotgun snap. Chan was not happy. He talked about having jerseys of his favorite teammates, including Terrence McGee, on his wall at home. Every one of the jerseys was given and signed by the player, except one. McGee made him buy a jersey online.

Edited by Koko78
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Koko78 said:

There were too many good jokes to recount, but here's some highlights:

Eric Wood comes into the room during his intro, gets a standing ovation. Fitz gets introduced, about 1/3 of the room stands to applaud his arrival. He goes up to the podium and says something to the effect of, 'What, do I have to break my neck to get a standing ovation?'

Aaron Williams was pretty lit up when they started, was shitfaced by the end. He kept taking potshots at everyone (even when it wasn't his time at the podium), it was great.

Apparently Williams and Bryan Scott once played 2-on-2 baseball with Freddy and his son at Freddy's house. Williams and Scott kicked their asses and celebrated like they won the world series. Freddy's son was 4 at the time. Kid refuses to play baseball to this day.

Freddy's twin brother Patrick gave a great speech. Went on about having to watch the "Fred treatment" (being treated like royalty) his entire life. Talked about Freddy calling him at 3:00 pm on a weekday in the offseason to whine about being bored and that he was thinking about taking his kids to Disneyland. Patrick works for a living... he was not impressed: 'mother!@#$er, don't you !@#$ing call me at 3:00 to !@#$ing tell me you're !@#$ing bored and thinking about going to Disneyland!' Freddy was voted best looking man at Coe college, while his identical twin brother did not receive a vote "we have the same !@#$ing face!" It was pointed out that Patrick's future wife was attending Coe college at the time (and didn't vote for him).

Fitz had props. He mocked Eric Wood's retirement speech, referencing that it was approved by his agents and the PA not to include the word "retirement" so he could get his injury guarantee. He wore a wig for it. He then stripped down to his Bills Zubaz underwear, dressed up like Freddy, and gave a retirement speech as Jackson. Called Whaley a "spineless  [p]ussy", to much applause.

Freddy had a great story about Wood bending over at the line to snap the ball during practice, and ripping a nasty fart. Fitz audibled to a shotgun snap. Chan was not happy. He talked about having jerseys of his favorite teammates, including Terrence McGee, on his wall at home. Every one of the jerseys was given and signed by the player, except one. McGee made him buy a jersey online.

Cool... thanks for the update.  Like I said, I stand by the original post.  I also said that Fitz would be the best