Fred Jackson Is The WRONG Kind of Player To Roast

BuffaloRush

1 minute ago, ProcessTheTrust said:

I could be wrong but I thought the point of the roast was to bust his chops but ultimately have it turn into a walk down memory lane type thing. At the end of the day, a few laughs and everyone feels nice.

Maybe a WGR Roast, but in the traditional sense a roast is not really a walk down memory lane.  Even so, there's really not a lot to bust his chops about.  He's a very well-liked player and there really isn't much you can make fun of him about.  Not a lot of material there - which is why I think he wasn't the best choice

4 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Thank you - finally someone that understand comedy and what I was trying to say.  I like Eric Wood and listened to him every week he's been on WGR the past two seasons.  He's an insightful guy but not really a funny storyteller.  Same thing with Aaron Williams.  

Fitzpatrick IS pretty funny.  He might be the only presenter worth hearing

I’d rather Jeff Ross and Lisa Lampanelli read the Corey McIntyre story and then unleash on him!!

On a side note I saw Chris Rock a few months back and Jeff Ross was the emcee. He randomly invited people on stage to be roasted. He destroyed them!! It was hilarious.

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Who cares unless you're in the audience? There could be plenty to laugh about from the people who know him well and it depends on how good the roasters are in addition to what Fred comes back with. 

I think you've given us ample evidence in this thread that you care one way or another.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Thank you - finally someone that understand comedy and what I was trying to say.  I like Eric Wood and listened to him every week he's been on WGR the past two seasons.  He's an insightful guy but not really a funny storyteller.  Same thing with Aaron Williams.  

Fitzpatrick IS pretty funny.  He might be the only presenter worth hearing

I got what you were trying to say but Buffalo isn't roasting Rex Ryan. He isn't beloved enough.. we don't give 2 *****...

same with 1 year of TO.

They are roasting Fred because he is beloved...

Brian Mooreman was pretty beloved here lol

hed be great to roast with all the punter jokes and you can pay homage to Sean Taylor as well by mentioning when he almost decapitated him 

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Yep.

Who's first up on the TBD Roast schedule?

Now that’s an inspired thread topic. Gotta be Scott, right? But no matter who’s the first, there will be no shortage of material, real or made up.

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I got what you were trying to say but Buffalo isn't roasting Rex Ryan. He isn't beloved enough.. we don't give 2 *****...

same with 1 year of TO.

They are roasting Fred because he is beloved...

Brian Mooreman was pretty beloved here lol

hed be great to roast with all the punter jokes and you can pay homage to Sean Taylor as well by mentioning when he almost decapitated him 

But you don't really roast someone because they are beloved.  You roast someone who can you laugh at.  You can't really laugh much at Fred.

I would agree that there is more material with Moorman.  Downside is, he's not as a big of a name to sell tickets.  

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Who cares unless you're in the audience? There could be plenty to laugh about from the people who know him well and it depends on how good the roasters are in addition to what Fred comes back with. 

I’m definitely not losing sleep over it- just thought the OP was getting a harder time than deserved... in part because people missed his point. Which wasn’t totally off base.

Seems you may be more intense on this than anyone here. 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Post again about how much you don't care!

:oops:

As per usual you miss the point. Rabbitt hole inanity is your specialty

19 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I’m definitely not losing sleep over it- just thought the OP was getting a harder time than deserved... in part because people missed his point. Which wasn’t totally off base.

Intense? Nah. His point doesn't make any sense IMO. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Forget it Jake, it's Mr. Copy-Paste.

He can't agree to disagree on a topic about an ex-player roast, and he doesn't even care about it!  Just ask him and his 8 posts on the subject.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

But you don't really roast someone because they are beloved.  You roast someone who can you laugh at.  You can't really laugh much at Fred.

I would agree that there is more material with Moorman.  Downside is, he's not as a big of a name to sell tickets.  

I can't believe they didn't bring back Stevie Johnson for it