Nunes Memo to be Released

Important read:

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/256899/left-right-russiagate

At the same time, there is a growing consensus among reporters and thinkers on the left and right—especially those who know anything about Russia, the surveillance apparatus, and intelligence bureaucracy—that the Russiagate-collusion theory that was supposed to end Trump’s presidency within six months has sprung more than a few holes. Worse, it has proved to be a cover for U.S. intelligence and law-enforcement bureaucracies to break the law, with what’s left of the press gleefully going along for the ride. Where Watergate was a story about a crime that came to define an entire generation’s oppositional attitude toward politicians and the country’s elite, Russiagate, they argue, has proved itself to be the reverse: It is a device that the American elite is using to define itself against its enemies—the rest of the country.

Yet for its advocates, the questionable veracity of the Russiagate story seems much less important than what has become its real purpose—elite virtue-signaling. Buy into a storyline that turns FBI and CIA bureaucrats and their hand-puppets in the press into heroes while legitimizing the use of a vast surveillance apparatus for partisan purposes, and you’re in. Dissent, and you’re out, or worse—you’re defending Trump.

(snip)

“The backbone of the rapidly yet endlessly developing Trump-Putin story,” Gessen wrote in The New York Review of Books nearly a year ago, “is leaks from intelligence agencies, and this is its most troublesome aspect.”

The specter of an intelligence bureaucracy working in tandem with the press to preserve the prerogatives of a ruling clique is the kind of thing that someone who knows Russia from the inside and actually fears the specter of authoritarian government would naturally find worrying. And not surprisingly, concerns over the role of the intelligence community and its increasingly intrusive methods motivate other Russiagate critics on the left, like Glenn Greenwald at the Intercept, historian Jackson Lears writing at the London Review of Books, and Stephen Cohen at TheNation.

“One of the most bizarre aspects of Russiagate,” writes Lears, “is the magical transformation of intelligence agency heads into paragons of truth-telling—a trick performed not by reactionary apologists for domestic spying, as one would expect, but by people who consider themselves liberals.”

Cohen, a distinguished if often overly sympathetic historian of the Soviet Union, was even more alarmed. “Was Russiagate produced by the primary leaders of the US intelligence community?” asks Cohen, referring to former CIA director John Brennan as well as ex-FBI chief James Comey. “If so, it is the most perilous political scandal in modern American history and the most detrimental to American democracy.”

Edited by Deranged Rhino

DR, can you cite the change in laws that now allows the US government to use propaganda against its own citizens? I think that would be good to put here.

Thanks in advance.

I'll hang up and listen to your answer on the radio. :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Nanker said:

DR, can you cite the change in laws that now allows the US government to use propaganda against its own citizens? I think that would be good to put here.

Thanks in advance.

franking privileges

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Thanks in advance.

:beer:

Here's the link to the bill:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/112th-congress/house-bill/5736

And a few articles:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mhastings/congressmen-seek-to-lift-propaganda-ban?utm_term=.bdakMJ1aXJ#.iwb1rYOzqY

https://foreignpolicy.com/2013/07/14/u-s-repeals-propaganda-ban-spreads-government-made-news-to-americans/

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20130715/11210223804/anti-propaganda-ban-repealed-freeing-state-dept-to-direct-its-broadcasting-arm-american-citizens.shtml

• Thank you (+1) 1

INTERESTING... 

First, "The Telegraph" theorized that Skripal assisted Steele in compiling the dossier - which notably relies on senior Russian officials, despite Steele never having traveled to Moscow. Could this be the motive? Someone could be getting real close... 

And then the above Isikoff article dropped today. Isikoff has stated that one of his articles was used for the FISA warrant. David Corn, co author from Mother Jones who broke the original Trump Russia dossier story also made  interesting tweets this morning:

All of a sudden the two original media mouthpieces for the dossier are shifting the narrative away from Trump collusion and towards 44's inaction. 

WONDER WHY THAT IS.... 

image.jpeg.cbd8dbb74645ccf8c25e38674a763a74.jpeg

People are going to have to realize there was Russian collusion and attempted treason - but it was committed by James Clapper and John Brennan. The same guys who lied to the American public about CIA torture program (and spied illegally on Congress and journalists to spike that story), lied to the American public about mass surveillance, and illegally helped to arm, fund, and train AQ and ISIS forces in Syria and the ME. 

That's who the resist crowd is defending. Two treasonous academics who think you, as an American citizen, should be spied on constantly and tortured should you dare to deviate from their agenda. 

Let that sink in a bit. 

56 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Hey, DR. Long time listerner.  I'm a big fan. What do you think of that fat pig Rosie O'Donnell?  Bababooey bababooey Howard stern is god.

I think that you would be able to answer that better than DR. Was she as good as you hoped?

• Haha (+1) 1

Well lookie there... 

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/barack-obama-names-two-new-top-aides-116349

Murray's husband works for Simpson at Fusion GPS. 

There's NO CHANCE the Obama administration didn't have a heavy hand in the dossier's creation and bolstering. 

Won't be long now... 

Edited by Deranged Rhino

58 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Well lookie there... 

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/03/barack-obama-names-two-new-top-aides-116349

There's NO CHANCE the Obama administration didn't have a heavy hand in the dossier's creation and bolstering. 

Won't be long now... 

With all the NFL news going on, it's hard to keep up with the political stuff.

Anyways, with all the information you have been gathering for the longest time................ these leftist morons still think everything you lay out here is total conspiracy theories and total lies to protect Trump and the right.  

I am curious as to how you think about what these left wing nuts in here think of you?

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Anyways, with all the information you have been gathering for the longest time................ these leftist morons still think everything you lay out here is total conspiracy theories and total lies to protect Trump and the right.  

I am curious as to how you think about what these left wing nuts in here think of you?

While typing this, the Bills got a 3rd round pick from the Browns for Taylor.

I am frigging dreaming right now.

24 minutes ago, njbuff said:

While typing this, the Bills got a 3rd round pick from the Browns for Taylor.

I am frigging dreaming right now.

:beer: I hadn't been paying attention at all until I saw this. 

Love it. GO BILLS. 

24 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I'd dare to say most are friends or at least friends from the board. I've had wonderful conversations with K-9, Kelly, 26, Doc Brown, Cugz, and numerous others over the years - even though we disagree on the topics we were discussing. Most of the ones who've been around here long enough to get to know me outside of just posts (of which there are a lot), understand that I'm not a blind partisan and am someone you can have a rational, if lively, discussion with on any number of topics. Hell, most remember that I'm an independent who was often on the left hand side of the discussion on nearly every topic down here for years. 

A lot of my favorite posters here I'm sure think I'm a nut, and that's fine by me - even hilarious to me at times. And even though I disagree with their politics on occasion, I still consider them people I can have a rational conversation with where I'll probably learn a thing or two. I would hope those folks feel the same with me. Look at GG or Mags - over the years we've butted heads for pages and pages, yet I consider them to be two of the best community members down here regardless of how they feel about me. Friends don't have to be in lockstep agreement on everything, the best friendships are often not that way. 

I didn't get this bug in my bonnet about this issue to make more friends. In fact, it's probably pretty dangerous career wise for me to even bring half of this stuff up. But I think it's important to the country, important to the community here, so I share it and take the bullets without complaint. My hope is that the information is useful to more posters (and lurkers) than it's distracting - because the proverbial **** WILL hit the fan and there is going to be a lot of confusion. 

I hold no ill will against anyone here. After 15 years of posting, I think I've only had real beef with two people. One's long since been banned, the other I haven't seen around in a good while but I'm pretty sure I'm stilling rent free inside his head (along with shady's radio show). I'll argue and defend my position as loudly and passionately as anyone - but it's never personal unless the poster fired the first shot. Even then it's usually a passing thing. The more recent detractors aren't bad people, just misguided.  

If they think I am, so be it. :beer: 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:beer: I hadn't been paying attention at all until I saw this. 

Love it. GO BILLS. 

I'd dare to say most are friends or at least friends from the board. I've had wonderful conversations with K-9, Kelly, 26, Doc Brown, Cugz, and numerous others over the years - even though we disagree on the topics we were discussing. Most of the ones who've been around here long enough to get to know me outside of just posts (of which there are a lot), understand that I'm not a blind partisan and am someone you can have a rational, if lively, discussion with on any number of topics. Hell, most remember that I'm an independent who was often on the left hand side of the discussion on nearly every topic down here for years. 

A lot of my favorite posters here I'm sure think I'm a nut, and that's fine by me - even hilarious to me at times. And even though I disagree with their politics on occasion, I still consider them people I can have a rational conversation with where I'll probably learn a thing or two. I would hope those folks feel the same with me. Look at GG or Mags - over the years we've butted heads for pages and pages, yet I consider them to be two of the best community members down here regardless of how they feel about me. Friends don't have to be in lockstep agreement on everything, the best friendships are often not that way. 

I didn't get this bug in my bonnet about this issue to make more friends. In fact, it's probably pretty dangerous career wise for me to even bring half of this stuff up. But I think it's important to the country, important to the community here, so I share it and take the bullets without complaint. My hope is that the information is useful to more posters (and lurkers) than it's distracting - because the proverbial **** WILL hit the fan and there is going to be a lot of confusion. 

I hold no ill will against anyone here. After 15 years of posting, I think I've only had real beef with two people. One's long since been banned, the other I haven't seen around in a good while but I'm pretty sure I'm stilling rent free inside his head (along with shady's radio show). I'll argue and defend my position as loudly and passionately as anyone - but it's never personal unless the poster fired the first shot. Even then it's usually a passing thing. The more recent detractors aren't bad people, just misguided.  

If they think I am, so be it. :beer: 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Well lookie there... 

Won't be long now... 

No chance? What if Murray worked in one department that was overseeing a fraud case while Steel was working overseas on Trump Russia connections? 

You have any proof at all Steel was somehow connected to Obama? 

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's called reading, Tibs. Try it. Click the links above and read the sources. They make it clear you asked a question that's been answered. Multiple times now...

See what I mean about these leftist shills.

Trump hardly needed anything like Russia to win the election. He campaigned his ass off to do so, unlike his opponent.

The left simply can't accept that Trump connected with the middle of this country that was dying under Obama.

They just simply refuse to accept it and it's really sad. You see it all over this country. People have lost all grip on reality.

I say this as NO SUPPORTER of Trump and I also didn't vote for the man. 

Like it or not, he worked his ass off to get the Presidency and he has been solid. Hardly perfect, but solid. AGAIN, I say this as no Trump supporter.

Just now, njbuff said:

See what I mean about these leftist shills.

Trump hardly needed anything like Russia to win the election. He campaigned his ass off to do so, unlike his opponent.

The left simply can't accept that Trump connected with the middle of this country that was dying under Obama.

They just simply refuse to accept it and it's really sad. You see it all over this country. People have lost all grip on reality.

I say this as NO SUPPORTER of Trump and I also didn't vote for the man. 

Like it or not, he worked his ass off to get the Presidency and he has been solid. Hardly perfect, but solid. AGAIN, I say this as no Trump supporter.

:beer: I hear you. 

As for Tibs specifically, he's not a shill. He's deliberately out to troll/derail conversations and threads - imo for his own amusement. No one takes him seriously, and on those rare occasions where he makes a salient point (which DOES happen!) and you think he's turned a corner he almost immediately reboots back to his original programming. 

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:beer: I hear you. 

As for Tibs specifically, he's not a shill. He's deliberately out to troll/derail conversations and threads - imo for his own amusement. No one takes him seriously, and on those rare occasions where he makes a salient point (which DOES happen!) and you think he's turned a corner he almost immediately reboots back to his original programming. 

Problem is there are too many people like Fib in this country, meaning his opinion is allowed and the right's opinion is not. Very dangerous.

• Like (+1) 1