Wood’s charity

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

As suggested on Twitter by someone I think that we start giving to the Eric Wood Foundation. He is a great community citizen and gave a lot to WNY. We should start giving back.

I believe the foundation is in memory of Wood's late brother who had cerebral palsy and died before his teens.

I hope somehow it's a mistake - Wood just had a baby son, you wouldn't think he'd be out skiing or sky-diving or jet boating or something that's high injury risk.  But a car accident or some freak fall can happen to anyone any time I guess.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I believe the foundation is in memory of Wood's late brother who had cerebral palsy and died before his teens.

Correct, Eric has teamed with the Children's hospital to raise money.  He used to have a site at ericwoodsfoundation.org, but it no longer exists.

Edited by ricojes

13 minutes ago, ricojes said:

Correct, Eric has teamed with the Children's hospital to raise money.  He used to have a site at ericwoodsfoundation.org, but it no longer exists.

The article says that he funds the foundation at O’Shei but it doesn’t have his name 

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I hope somehow it's a mistake - Wood just had a baby son, you wouldn't think he'd be out skiing or sky-diving or jet boating or something that's high injury risk.  But a car accident or some freak fall can happen to anyone any time I guess.

My guess would be it was the birth of his son plus the complications with his neck that led him to the decision to retire now. Having a child puts the risk of having major injury, especially at his age perhaps into better perspective and he concluded further playing isn’t worth it. 

2 minutes ago, Billznut said:

My guess would be it was the birth of his son plus the complications with his neck that led him to the decision to retire now. Having a child puts the risk of having major injury, especially at his age perhaps into better perspective and he concluded further playing isn’t worth it. 

It was his second child but yes, those events happening so close together may have been a sign