Source: Bills all in on Peterman unless they can land Sam Darnold

1 minute ago, Woodman19 said:

Decisiveness and ability to anticipate.  If he can log some experience and calm down from trying to force things, I think he can be a solid game manager QB.

This may be true.   The thing that gets me is seeing a Bills QB (Nate) take 3 to 5 steps and deliver a football.   

Why can't the TT  do it?    Maybe if he did he'd have a 5 year contract under his belt.  

8 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

I have to say, Peterman supporters embarrass me sometimes for still believing in him :P

How does some one support of Peterman effect you at all? Does people support of Tyrod after getting benched and his 3 point performances effect you as well?

It's just people and opinions.

16 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

It's when it's over the top, yes it gets annoying.

Yea it's true both Peterman and Tyrod have a few extremist. I can agree it can be over the top when people jump at every chance to trash a player or defend them. I would take either one at QB if it meant the offense didn't suck next year.

Tyrod had 3 point games. Peterman threw 5 interceptions. They both have warts man. One had a lot longer to get gud.

Edited by Lfod

19 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

Decisiveness and ability to anticipate.  If he can log some experience and calm down from trying to force things, I think he can be a solid game manager QB.

isn't that essentially what TT is? a qb who won't lose the game, but can't necessarily carry the team on their back and lead them to a win? much like A Smith...

I thought we (the fans) were striving for more?

33 minutes ago, 87168 said:

isn't that essentially what TT is? a qb who won't lose the game, but can't necessarily carry the team on their back and lead them to a win? much like A Smith...

I never understood this logic. If it was true the Bills would be undefeated. I think throwing the ball away and taking sacks for a loss of 10 yards and contributing to 3 point games and 3 and outs is losing the game. Having defences stacking the box because there is no passing game is losing the game. 

Having people say in public to beat the Bills the game plan was make Tyrod be a QB is his part in losing the game. Its people taking advantage of him specifically to win the game is him losing game. It is his name being spoken specifically out loud by more then one opponent using him as a weakness is him losing the game. 

He doesn't throw interceptions would mean a heck of a lot more if he had two or three passing TDs every game. That's another one thrown around I don't really value.

Yes Tyrod can win some games too. I added that just so people don't think I won't acknowledge it.

Edited by Lfod

6 minutes ago, 87168 said:

He's a game manager RB, we need a QB.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I never understood this logic. If it was true the Bills would be undefeated. I think throwing the ball away and taking sacks for a loss of 10 yards and contributing to 3 point games and 3 and outs is losing the game. Having defences stacking the box because there is no passing game is losing the game. 

Having people say in public to beat the Bills the game plan was make Tyrod be a QB is his part in losing the game. Its people taking advantage of him specifically to win the game is him losing game. It is his name being spoken specifically out loud by more then one opponent using him as a weakness is him losing the game. 

He doesn't throw interceptions would mean a heck of a lot more if he had two or three passing TDs every game. That's another one thrown around I don't really value.

not true at all. there two sides of the ball. TT isn't a talented passer. I'm not here to argue that. I was commenting on the fact that some people think Peterman can "be a solid game manager QB"...Alex Smith is the poster child of game managing QBs...

I thought the fans wanted more? In my opinion, that's what we have. so far Peterman has literally thrown games away. he would have to vastly improve to even be a game manager, at this point. 

agree to disagree.

21 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

He's a game manager RB, we need a QB.

please.

4 minutes ago, 87168 said:

not true at all. there two sides of the ball. TT isn't a talented passer. I'm not here to argue that. I was commenting on the fact that some people think Peterman can "be a solid game manager QB"...Alex Smith is the poster child of game managing QBs...

I thought the fans wanted more? In my opinion, that's what we have. so far Peterman has literally thrown games away. he would have to vastly improve to even be a game manager, at this point. 

agree to disagree.

please.

I thought this year there was a quote when asked the game plan the opponent said "Make Tyrod be a QB". I must of been mistaken. 

Edited by Lfod

1 hour ago, grb said:

Just to address this :

• In 2015, Taylor showed a fair degree of promise. 
  • In 2016, the team let Hogan go, Karlos imploded, everyone gave up on Harvin, Woods missed multiple games, and Watkins missed half the season. When Sammie did play, it was on a broken foot. Taylor spent a great deal of time throwing to Brandon Tate or Justin Hunter. He "regressed".
  • In 2017, the team let Woods go, let Goodwin go, let Watkins go. They scared Boldin into fleeing after a commitment of only two weeks. They drafted a rookie receiver who looked every bit the overwhelmed rookie the entire season. They had a glut of slot receivers with the best of them - Matthews - injured off&on the entire season. They brought in Benjamin, who was then injured most of the remaining season. Injuries and scheme change brought a major deterioration in o-line play, whose pass protection hadn't been that good before. This even affected the running game, which now had games where the RBs had 14, 62, 28, and 42yds total. Taylor spent a great deal of time throwing to Brandon Tate or Deonte Thompson. Surprise, surprise, he "regressed"

Two more points :

• Take (for example) Dak Prescott out of his cushy situation in Dallas and put him in the '17 Bills offense and you can damn well count on Dak regressing. Replace Derek Carr's awesome array of weapons with those of the Bills and - guess what - you'll see regression in abundance. The same is true of Dalton or Bortles. All four of them had a lower NFL passer rating than Taylor this past season anyway.
  • It never hurts to remember how Taylor played in 2015 & 2016 the 15 games when he had both Watkins and Woods to throw to : 63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 Ints. It's amazing how little "regression" there was when he had a real pair of NFL receivers to throw to.....

I'd like to point out that I didn't say it was "all his fault" and I think the OC/ play calling had a lot to do with his regression as well as the run game not working very well at the start of the season in some games.

This is a run-first offense that needs the run game to be effective so the offense can work properly and the defense can stay off the field as well. When the run game stalls it really hurts the offense because Taylor is not the type of QB that can always carry the offense. 

If you look back at stats from the loses you would see a trend. Carolina, 23 rushes for 69 yards, Cincy 24 rushes for 82 yards, NY Jets 22 rushes for 63 yards, Saints 15 rushes for 69 yards and so on. In the first half of the season that 2016 #2 in rushing attempts,#1 in rushing yards, #1 in rushing TDs, #1 in YPA was team was around 20th in 2017 midseason.

The 2017 Buffalo Bills still finished the season #4 in rushing attempts and #4 in yards mostly because LeSean McCoy can make tacklers miss over the play of the run blocking of the offensive line which was bad most of the year. The only player with a positive run blocking grade was Incognito. That 2016 Bills offense that was #1 in rushing TDs, #1 in rushing yards per attempt went to #15 in TDs and #14 in rushing yards per attempt. I'd say that's a big dropoff and reason as to why TT didn't do as well. 

2 hours ago, grb said:

Just to address this :

• In 2015, Taylor showed a fair degree of promise. 
  • In 2016, the team let Hogan go, Karlos imploded, everyone gave up on Harvin, Woods missed multiple games, and Watkins missed half the season. When Sammie did play, it was on a broken foot. Taylor spent a great deal of time throwing to Brandon Tate or Justin Hunter. He "regressed".
  • In 2017, the team let Woods go, let Goodwin go, let Watkins go. They scared Boldin into fleeing after a commitment of only two weeks. They drafted a rookie receiver who looked every bit the overwhelmed rookie the entire season. They had a glut of slot receivers with the best of them - Matthews - injured off&on the entire season. They brought in Benjamin, who was then injured most of the remaining season. Injuries and scheme change brought a major deterioration in o-line play, whose pass protection hadn't been that good before. This even affected the running game, which now had games where the RBs had 14, 62, 28, and 42yds total. Taylor spent a great deal of time throwing to Brandon Tate or Deonte Thompson. Surprise, surprise, he "regressed"

Two more points :

• Take (for example) Dak Prescott out of his cushy situation in Dallas and put him in the '17 Bills offense and you can damn well count on Dak regressing. Replace Derek Carr's awesome array of weapons with those of the Bills and - guess what - you'll see regression in abundance. The same is true of Dalton or Bortles. All four of them had a lower NFL passer rating than Taylor this past season anyway.
  • It never hurts to remember how Taylor played in 2015 & 2016 the 15 games when he had both Watkins and Woods to throw to : 63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 Ints. It's amazing how little "regression" there was when he had a real pair of NFL receivers to throw to.....

Excellent post...people forget a QB needs receivers in MOST cases.  Very few and rare QBs can mainstain consistency when the receiver core keeps getting worse to the point it was awful.  

Dont forget he had 3 different OCs and 2 HCs over that span too.  

Alos McCoy missed some time, most his OL, Clay, he dealt with his own dinged up injuries after frequently getting crushed behind a terrrible pass blocking OL.

TT has his flaws, but the people who hate him always over look the significant amount of challenges put in front of him in his first 3 years starting that would have hurt just about any QB in the NFL.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Excellent post...people forget a QB needs receivers in MOST cases.  Very few and rare QBs can mainstain consistency when the receiver core keeps getting worse to the point it was awful.  

Dont forget he had 3 different OCs and 2 HCs over that span too.  

Alos McCoy missed some time, most his OL, Clay, he dealt with his own dinged up injuries after frequently getting crushed behind a terrrible pass blocking OL.

TT has his flaws, but the people who hate him always over look the significant amount of challenges put in front of him in his first 3 years starting that would have hurt just about any QB in the NFL.  

Many good points in an attempt at revision of TT as an NFL QB.  I would like to see the data on throwing accuracy over the 3 years.  My eyes tell me that he missed more open receivers than most.  I'm sure the receivers would agree.  The good QBs find and hit open receivers.

9 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Many good points in an attempt at revision of TT as an NFL QB.  I would like to see the data on throwing accuracy over the 3 years.  My eyes tell me that he missed more open receivers than most.  I'm sure the receivers would agree.  The good QBs find and hit open receivers.

Your eyes would tell you watched more TT throws than most other QB's too.

43 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

I’ll have to look again but I think the number of uncatchable balls is between 20 - 25%.  

https://amp.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/5amqs8/most_uncatchable_throws_exc_batted_balls_and/

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

22 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Yay.. something new to discuss! Good thing no one is discussing TT and his FQB potential in any other threads..

The Petermaniacs were feeling bad that Nervous Nate or Not Ready Nate or UnfortuNATE, or Putrid Peterman was being exposed by actual football analysis and critique of his meager abilities, so they shifted the subject to Taylor to deflect. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Petermaniacs were feeling bad that Nervous Nate or Not Ready Nate or UnfortuNATE, or Putrid Peterman was being exposed by actual football analysis and critique of his meager abilities, so they shifted the subject to Taylor to deflect. 

And to think, it's been less than a month since the last meaningful snap

The draft can't get here soon enough! At least it'll be nice to fill the blank in with a new name (hopefully). Maybe we get at least 3 days before he looks at someone the wrong way and the next 3 seasons are lost...

Edited by gobills1212

8 hours ago, gobills1212 said:
9 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

And to think, it's been less than a month since the last meaningful snap

The draft can't get here soon enough! At least it'll be nice to fill the blank in with a new name (hopefully). Maybe we get at least 3 days before he looks at someone the wrong way and the next 3 seasons are lost...

You can say that again.    But then we just see the NateHaters select a new guy to crap on. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

10 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

So if the Bills draft Mayfield and he doesn't get a start until  half way through the year  then craps out in his 1st start (<100 yds some picks a pick 6) you going to call him crap and want to go on to the next guy?

7 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

So if the Bills draft Mayfield and he doesn't get a start until  half way through the year  then craps out in his 1st start (<100 yds some picks a pick 6) you going to call him crap and want to go on to the next guy?

Not go to the next guy just put him on the bench until he's ready.