QB Draft confessional

Dadonkadonk

I liked then Peterman pick and still do. He will develop into a useful player for us, Frank Reich-like. Supported TT until all the games with throws that should have been made -not made. Liked Prescott and wondered why the Hell we let him slip by.  Paused a bit on Mahomes, but was never sold on his accuracy. I value accuracy and anticipation very highly in a QB. Which is why I want Mayfield first, Rudolf second out of this crop.

Still like Peterman. 

Hated Cardale especially when I read we had a second interview with him before the draft. Has a bazooka for an arm and absolutely nothing else.

Wanted Dak before a lot of people got on the wagon. He looks to be leveling off though....

Still think Falk in the third or late second is a good choice. See my Luke Falk Cult thread.

Dont remember much else besides the fact that I thought Zach Mettenburger was a solid QB coming out.

7 hours ago, Mat68 said:

So you wanted Kizer and are a superior elevator.  No one knows what Manziel would have become if he didn't have a drinking problem and wasnt a C level internet celebrity.  Everyone has had misses and hits it is irrelevant.  If you like or dislike a prospect explain your position and that is where conversations happen.  Some people see and like different things in Qbs.  Some people only see the guys who are on the first 15 mins of Sportscenter Saturday or Sunday morning.  I agree I like Allen, saying you liked Kizer and didnt like Manziel doesnt do anything with the conversation about Allen.  Do you like Allen because of his arm strength and size?  Is that why you like Kizer and not Manziel?  The reason i like Allen and his ability to make 30 yard throws and dropping them in a bucket or launching a missile of a throw in a three foot window down the seem like Rodgers, Farve or Marino.    

1. I didn't like Manziel because he was a headcase in college.  He is small and does not have the arm strength to succeed in the NFL.  Most of his great plays in college were made with his legs and when the play had broken down.

2. I liked Kizer's measurable and the way he carried himself in several pre-draft interviews.  He sounds quite bright but even his HC agreed he needed another year in college.  Cleveland was about the worst place he could have been drafted.  I think he would have done great in Buffalo.  If Cleveland takes a QB #1, i offer a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year for him.

3.  Allen has the size, arm strength, and learned to play with a less than stellar cast.  If you want a prototypical pocket passer he has the size and arm strength.  He looks like a slimmer version of Roethlisberger or perhaps a beefer version of MAtt Ryan.  The question will be whether he rises to the moment like Big Ben or chokes like Matt Ryan.

I am definitely not a TT supporter...Though I really do respect the guy...It's a weird relationship...

I was not a Fitz fan at all...Or a Flutie fan...I did like RJ...Until I didn't...

Pat Mahomes was the best QB prospect I've studied since Andrew Luck and I think he has a Brett Favre-like ceiling...

I really liked DeShaun Watson too...I felt he did nothing to earn the drop in ranking from when he was widely considered the #1 overall prospect after his 1st National Championship effort vs Alabama...Then he follows it up with the win the following year and ends up going #12 overall? Never made any sense to me...I know his Jr year was not perfect...But when the lights were brightest he was amazing...I would have been thrilled with Mahomes or Watson last year...Giddy actually...

I also thought EJ Manuel was a good risk, especially with a trade down, and continued to think he could eventually figure it out...Dead wrong there...

I want the Bills to Draft a QB in the 1st...I'm honestly OK with any of the top 6 because I think they all have strengths, and they all are going to require some work and patience...I really like Mayfield and Darnold...And I'm higher on Rudolph then most because he's got a rare weapon with that down-the-field accuracy...I also think Rudolph is a McD kind of kid...And if I had to make a bet right now I would put my money on Rudolph being the guy...Mostly because it likely won't take a ton to get into position to get him, if a trade up is necessary at all...And I do think the Bills want and need to keep as many picks as they can...B-)

It was my idea to get Hotrod on the  team. I suggested in a thread in early 2015 that we should sign a FA QB that has been a backup on another team with a good QB for a few years. I suggested either Hotrod or Kellen Moore. I think we made the right choice.

I wanted to draft Colin Kaepernick.  I've been a fan of his since he was playing for the Nevada Wolfpack.  I'd sign him tomorrow if it were up to me.

I liked Ftiz a lot at first and thought he could be our guy.  Made a lot of comebacks early on, but later just threw a lot of picks in crucial situations. Of course he had perhaps even worse WRs than we did this year.

I like JP better than Trent.

Flutie and Fred are my all time favorite Bills. I became a fan in 1996.  It was like a knife in the back when both were cut.  Had we started Flute in Nashville we very may well have gone to SB that year IMHO.

Roger Staubach is my favorite QB of all times.  The man was a great thrower and an impeccable leader and the king of the come back.  I'd take him in his prime over anyone else in their prime.