Marrone, Hackett, Poz, Dareus, Hogan, Gillislee, Gilmore, Bradham, Darby, Schwartz

Bakin

Marrone, Swartz and Dareus are the ones that get to me.

5 hours ago, ganesh said:

BUt word was that Doug would have stayed if the assistants got their contracts extended (Final year)...It was refused. So he sensed that the Pegulas did not yet trust him and he blew the cop

Musta been how he got out of that traffic ticket.

58 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

As someone who has come off as a Whaley fanboy, I really appreciate this post as it sums up all I've been trying to say over the past couple of years.

Whaley was officially GM for 4 drafts, and in that time dealt with:

3 Head Coaches

3 DCs

3 OCs

And never once had a chance to pick his own coaches.

Funny enough, with that all being said and the aid of hindsight being 20/20, I've come around to believe that the Pegulas should have chosen Marrone over Whaley back when DM gave them his power-play ultimatum. And then brought in Coughlin, who was reported to be around the Bills facility anyways, in his current Jags role to run football operations since Terry and Kim are in over there heads there. It would have given us at least 2 more years of coaching stability (assuming Schwartz would've eventually left for a HC gig), and I think that group would have gotten 2-3 more quality years out of Mario Williams, and maybe even turn Dareus around. Oh well...

Coughlin was still coaching the Giants.

1 hour ago, CuddyDark said:

Marrone, Swartz and Dareus are the ones that get to me.

Musta been how he got out of that traffic ticket.

Coughlin was still coaching the Giants.

Yeah but was available the next year. Didnt necessarily mean all at once. But appreciate the detail.

3 hours ago, teef said:

no it wasn't.  i can honestly say i've never heard anyone call guys like watkins or dareus bad players.  if anything, it was more their attitudes that got them shipped out.

let's not also forget that just because someone is on a team doing well, it's not necessarily because of them.  i think the pats would still be in the superbowl if guys like hogan, gilmore, and gillislee weren't on the team.  not saying they are bad players, but threads like this can be so over blown.

Never once? Watkins was never called a bust in your presence even once?

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Hackett's first half play calling was a thing of beauty.

No, not really.  run run pass run pass run and repeat.  they threw in a gimmick here or there but so did ever team playing yesterday. 

It was "a beauty" because it was working.  Then he forgot to adjust.  

sounds familiar .....  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

51 minutes ago, Bruce_Stools said:

Never once? Watkins was never called a bust in your presence even once?

a bust in terms of what was given up for him, yes...but not a bad player.  i've also heard he's not elite, which i dont' think he is either, but not once have i heard someone call him bad.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, ganesh said:

BUt word was that Doug would have stayed if the assistants got their contracts extended (Final year)...It was refused. So he sensed that the Pegulas did not yet trust him and he blew the cop

So you are saying they had no confidence in Nathaniel Hackett and Douggie had no confidence that he could make a solid argument they were doing a good job;  seems pretty wise to me to not give the staff carte blanche renewal he wanted.  But I have always believed the front office should have hire/fire approval so hires like Ronnie Jones and Rob Ryan can be gotten rid of without coach being let go.