So it seems the NFL corrected the catch rule

Steptide

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

All three calls were correct, imo.

I agree. The closest one was the INT, but they decided to let it stand, which I am fine with. I just wish they would be more consistent. There are plenty of games where a catch like that would be overturned, such as the Benjamin catch.

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

3- the interception to end the game. This Imo was the worst call all game. Did we all not see the ball hit the ground in the process of the catch? That should've absolutely been an incomplete pass. This was a terrible call that did not get over turned 

I knew Riveron would screw us if he had the chance.  This was NOT a catch and if there was any consistency in this league it would have been overturned.  This was VERY similar to the Jesse James "non-catch" and therefore should not have counted. Unbelievable but not surprising.

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

I agree. The closest one was the INT, but they decided to let it stand, which I am fine with. I just wish they would be more consistent. There are plenty of games where a catch like that would be overturned, such as the Benjamin catch.

it all depends on the situation at the time.  if the INT was more conclusive to be overturned it would have been fine to let it ride as the Bills needed a sympathy release from that awful awful attempt at playing playoff football

put out of their misery finally...

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

All three calls were correct, imo.

I would agree that all three were correct BUT BUT BUT not consistent with the rest of the NFLs rulings.  If we are going to be CONSISTENT - then neither the TD nor the INT could be ruled a catch.  The TD should have been reversed like Benjamin's Pats*** TD and the INT "wasn't controlled to the ground" like that Pitt TD against the Pats***

The proper rulings would have been KB TOUCHDOWN. And Pitt touchdown.  But since the NFL botches it then, they should B word it now.  

Edited by peterpan

Amazing how they let the players play in playoff games.  Very few calls.  Great.  They should have that in every game all year.  Too many no calls on TT yesterday.  Legs taken out and not called.  Helmet to helmet not called.  Brady would have been crying to the ref and out would come the flag.

Agee with this 100% 

ball was moving ever so slightly on the jags td which to be consistent should not be a td according to the a-hole in NY.  Then again,  no pass catch is ever not going to have any ball movement and is going to be subject to human interpretation, just like the referee's call on the field.  Fire the guy in NY who made this mess and restart over.

27 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I would agree that all three were correct BUT BUT BUT not consistent with the rest of the NFLs rulings.  If we are going to be CONSISTENT - then neither the TD nor the INT could be ruled a catch.  The TD should have been reversed like Benjamin's Pats*** TD and the INT "wasn't controlled to the ground" like that Pitt TD against the Pats***

The proper rulings would have been KB TOUCHDOWN. And Pitt touchdown.  But since the NFL botches it then, they should B word it now.  

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

and they never should, the better and more aggressive team gets to shape the way it happens on the field in every sport

So the better team is the one who gets calls even if they don't deserve them?  Got it. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, arcane said:

The one where half of his freaking foot was out of bounds.

Oh really? Because that one doesn't exist. So take a screen shot. The best one they showed on tv didn't even make it clear if his heel was touching white or not.