5 Interception games... fun fact

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This sound nothing like Hotrod.

He has little patience under pressure and aborts too fast, sloppy mechanics,  this season for whatever reason  spotty accuracy,  seemingly marginal arm strength,  and makes poor decisions

I was a bit harsh.    better?   

35 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I've already explained that it's not a one game assessment. 

Fair enuf 26. But now you are locked in and there will be no going back. When you were saying that NP was not ready you were in a good place, but saying that he's just no good is a much riskier proposition IMO. That does not appear to be the view of OBD BTW. 

Introducing partisanship into player evaluations is just stupid. It's not what good fans do. It's what tiresome idiots and cultists (on both sides) do. 

Maybe if Peterman turns into something you will retreat to the "was not ready - that was all" position. But given the bile with which you have expressed your views nobody will be buying it. You are not doing yourself any favours IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, reddogblitz said:

This sound nothing like Hotrod.

Accuracy - ranked 15th

Yards Per Attempt - ranked 23rd

Passer Rating - ranked 16th

Yards Per Game - ranked 30th

Time to Throw - ranked 3rd out of 41 QB's (3.01 seconds)

Sacks - ranked 3rd highest (Gee, wonder if holding on to the ball so long affects that...)

Avg Completed Air Yards - 28th (6.2 yards)

TD's - ranked 25th

Passes 20+ yards - ranked 20th

Passes 40+ yards - ranked 26th

Passing Offense - ranked 31st

Sounds about right.

Just now, starrymessenger said:

Fair enuf 26. But now you are locked in and there will be no going back. When you were saying that NP was not ready you were in a good place, but saying that he's just no good is a much riskier proposition IMO. That does not appear to be the view of OBD BTW. 

Introducing partisanship into player evaluations is just stupid. It's not what good fans do. It's what tiresome idiots and cultists (on both sides) do. 

Maybe if Peterman turns into something you will retreat to the "was not ready - that was all" position. But given the bile with which you have expressed your views nobody will be buying it. You are not doing yourself any favours IMO.

I see what I see and I'm not impressed by his skill set at the NFL level.   Partisanship?  What are you talking about? 

Just now, BigDingus said:

Accuracy - ranked 15th

Yards Per Attempt - ranked 23rd

Passer Rating - ranked 16th

Yards Per Game - ranked 30th

Time to Throw - ranked 3rd out of 41 QB's (3.01 seconds)

Sacks - ranked 3rd highest (Gee, wonder if holding on to the ball so long affects that...)

Avg Completed Air Yards - 28th (6.2 yards)

TD's - ranked 25th

Passes 20+ yards - ranked 20th

Passes 40+ yards - ranked 26th

Passing Offense - ranked 31st

Sounds about right.

Highest completion percentage in Buffalo Bills franchise history for QB throwing over 500 passes.

PLAYOFFS !!!

But yeah, 56 yards.

10 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

26NateHater will not change his mind.  If he does he will be reminded of it.  

i guarantee it 

5 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

But you are impressed by Taylor's skill set as a passer? 

Damn you are thick!  For the umpteenth time Taylor is the best QB on the team and there is no viable alternative on the 2017 Bills' roster.  It will be great if they can upgrade to find a potential franchise QB in the 2018 draft. In the interim.......

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I see what I see and I'm not impressed by his skill set at the NFL level.   Partisanship?  What are you talking about? 

What I am talking about is posters who form some sort of psychological or emotional attachment to a player which then precludes a rational evaluation and perhaps causes them to be inordinatelty and unreasonably critical of another player they interpret as a competitor and a threat. At the end of the day their "opinions" are nothing more than dramatizations of their inward states and desires - not unlike a dog's behavior.

Maybe you don't fall into that grouping. Whether you do or you do not, you are unambiguously on the record. Time will tell how you make out. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No need for this thread but 5 INTs in one half! 

Quiet you infantile imbecile.

A Lost Boy trying to make excuses for Putrid Peterman.  Very UnfortuNATE. 

It’s playoff time, no need for stuff like this ?

Such a shame, unless you’re a hypocrite ?

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, starrymessenger said:

What I am talking about is posters who form some sort of psychological or emotional attachment to a player which then precludes a rational evaluation and perhaps causes them to be inordinatelty and unreasonably critical of another player they interpret as a competitor and a threat. At the end of the day their "opinions" are nothing more than dramatizations of their inward states and desires - not unlike a dog's behavior.

Maybe you don't fall into that grouping. Whether you do or you do not, you are unambiguously on the record. Time will tell how you make out. 

How I make out isn't the issue. It's what the Bills do to find a long term solution at QB. 

1 minute ago, garybusey said:

Agree with this. I just don't think we should conclude his career is unsalvagable.

If you mean, we shouldn't conclude he's incapable as a QB and cut him, I agree.

If by career, you mean, he should get further chances to start, that was my point: his normal career trajectory on a well-run team would be expected to be, "hold clipboard, enter game if Starter is injured" and I don't understand why some folks here seem to think he should be evaluated as "starter stuff"

I mean, if he comes into training camp next year with a roar and lights up the place, sure, then that changes things, but not if it keeps us from bringing in a FA and drafting a guy.  Preferably earlier than the 4th round.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

How I make out isn't the issue. It's what the Bills do to find a long term solution at QB. 

Certainly how the Bills make out at the all important position is more important. But how you or any other poster makes out is not unimportant. Football savvy is a skillset. One that we all practice and try to be good at.

31 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I was a bit harsh.    better?   

Shady, you were a bit harsh on TT's arm strength. He is able to throw it out of bounds when the receiver is on the sideline and when the receiver is downfield , he's able to throw it at least five yards beyond him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_single_game.htm

+    indicates Hall of Famer

Ryan Fitzpatrick 5 STL St. Louis Rams vs. Minnesota Vikings, December 11, 2005
Norm Van Brocklin+ 5 RAM Los Angeles Rams vs. San Francisco 49ers, October 28, 1951
Warren Moon+ 5 HOU Houston Oilers vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, November 24, 1991
Steve Pelluer 5 DAL Dallas Cowboys vs. Los Angeles Raiders, November 9, 1986
Drew Bledsoe 5 NWE New England Patriots vs. Miami Dolphins, November 21, 1999
Eli Manning 5 NYG New York Giants vs. San Francisco 49ers, November 16, 2014
David Woodley 5 MIA Miami Dolphins vs. Dallas Cowboys, October 25, 1981
Matt Ryan 5 ATL Atlanta Falcons vs. Arizona Cardinals, November 18, 2012
Dick Shiner 5 PIT Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cleveland Browns, November 17, 1968
Larry Rakestraw 5 CHI Chicago Bears vs. Detroit Lions, September 22, 1968
John Elway+ 5 DEN Denver Broncos vs. Kansas City Chiefs, December 14, 1985
Dick Wood 5 NYJ New York Jets vs. Boston Patriots, September 27, 1964
Nathan Peterman 5 BUF Buffalo Bills vs. Los Angeles Chargers, November 19, 2017
Troy Aikman+ 5 DAL Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants, October 15, 2000
Mike Phipps 5 CLE Cleveland Browns vs. Miami Dolphins, December 24, 1972
Joe Flacco 5 BAL Baltimore Ravens vs. Buffalo Bills, September 29, 2013
Mark Rypien 5 WAS Washington Redskins vs. Chicago Bears, December 9, 1990
Randy Wright 5 GNB Green Bay Packers vs. New Orleans Saints, September 14, 1986
Ben Roethlisberger 5 PIT Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, October 8, 2017
Tommy Kramer 5 MIN Minnesota Vikings vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, October 5, 1980
Tommy Kramer 5 MIN Minnesota Vikings vs. Philadelphia Eagles, January 3, 1981
Mark Brunell 5 JAX Jacksonville Jaguars vs. St. Louis Rams, October 20, 1996
Jim Hardy 5 CRD Chicago Cardinals vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, October 28, 1951
Tommy Kramer 5 MIN Minnesota Vikings vs. Green Bay Packers, November 29, 1981

Damn, Tommy Kramer is on the list 3 times in just over 1 year.

3 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Certainly how the Bills make out at the all important position is more important. But how you or any other poster makes out is not unimportant. Football savvy is a skillset. One that we all practice and try to be good at.

Your attempted lecture aside, the insinuation that I have an allegiance to Taylor that is clouding my judgment is 100% incorrect.  Anyone can see that he's limited in a number of ways and the Bills would be wise to upgrade.  That has nothing to do with how I see Peterman and I've been consistent with what I have posted with regard to him going back to preseason.  Here's to the Bills finding their franchise QB in the offseason.  In the interim, I'm rooting for Taylor and the Bills to do as well as possible in the post season with the offseason taking care of itself. Go Bills!

13 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Damn you are thick!  For the umpteenth time Taylor is the best QB on the team and there is no viable alternative on the 2017 Bills' roster.  It will be great if they can upgrade to find a potential franchise QB in the 2018 draft. In the interim.......

Right. So forget the draft. Limiting the conversation to just Peterman and Taylor, you are not impressed with the NFL skill set of one guy... that would mean that you are impressed with the NFL skill set of the other. You called him the "best QB on the team".

Simple logic. 

2 minutes ago, twoandfourteen said:

Right. So forget the draft. Limiting the conversation to just Peterman and Taylor, you are not impressed with the NFL skill set of one guy... that would mean that you are impressed with the NFL skill set of the other. You called him the "best QB on the team".

Simple logic. 

Wild Card Game this Weekend in Jacksonville. Go Bills!