If Shady is Out, is it a Good Thing?

18 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...forfeit??............

No How about lining up and playing football.  They won 1 more game playing the easiest schedule in the league while we played one of the tougher.  Crazy around here "maybe better not to have best weapon" that fools the opponent.   

The Fing coached need to be planning their ass off utilizing any and all talent on the roster.

I would like to see more Webb in the wildcat and have him throw out of it often.   

6 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I know this is going to sound crazy but nobody is going to run against that Jax D. If Shady is not going to play, does it force a game-plan that no defense has seen yet? Does this let Taylor run wild on odd formations and force our receivers and TEs to be a much bigger part of the plan?

Just trying to look at the positives but in a weird way, I think that not having the Jags D focus their game-plan around Shady could be a positive. One thing I believe is that our offense is going to be completely different without us putting such a huge emphasis on the run-game.

Yes it is a good thing....if the O cooordinator insists on pounding shady up the middle for 1 yd per carry. If the coordinator takes his brain pills then he will use Shady in unique ways vs the jags.

6 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

No How about lining up and playing football.  They won 1 more game playing the easiest schedule in the league while we played one of the tougher.  Crazy around here "maybe better not to have best weapon" that fools the opponent.   

The Fing coached need to be planning their ass off utilizing any and all talent on the roster.

I would like to see more Webb in the wildcat and have him throw out of it often.   

.....first thing I would do is re-sign the Banyard kid......showed some promise and knows the system.....BUT...he was signed and released three times which probably means he doesn't fit the McD mold......so even if Shady is a go and well below 100%, we have Murphy (I gave him a game ball), Banyard, Tolbert and DiMarco.......Jax has a very good defense and if Shady can't go, Murph, Tolbert & DiMarco may not suffice as the three headed monster.....stack the box and dare TT to throw is what I think they would do....are you ok with that?...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....first thing I would do is re-sign the Banyard kid......showed some promise and knows the system.....BUT...he was signed and released three times which probably means he doesn't fit the McD mold......so even if Shady is a go and well below 100%, we have Murphy (I gave him a game ball), Banyard, Tolbert and DiMarco.......Jax has a very good defense and if Shady can't go, Murph, Tolbert & DiMarco may not suffice as the three headed monster.....stack the box and dare TT to throw is what I think they would do....are you ok with that?...

Agreed on Banyard Im shocked.  They will plan to stack the box and dare TT to throw.  You know my Webb thoughts, also I would go 5 wides and have TT with a throw run option a lot.  I dont think lining up and playing power football will work.  

Just now, artmalibu said:

Agreed on Banyard Im shocked.  They will plan to stack the box and dare TT to throw.  You know my Webb thoughts, also I would go 5 wides and have TT with a throw run option a lot.  I dont think lining up and playing power football will work.  

I like this.  Put 5 wide.  Everybody go long.  Then Hotrod runs with it for 25+ yards before anyone down field even sees #5 running.

7 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

....looking to send Dennison into cardiac arrest?...............

First of all I strongly doubt Shady plays. Some reports are saying he'll be down. Keep the Jags in the dark right up until kickoff. I see a ton of check downs to Murphy who never drops the ball. And obviously Tyrod will have to make plays with his arm and feet. Throw more to OLeary....