If Shady is Out, is it a Good Thing?

I know this is going to sound crazy but nobody is going to run against that Jax D. If Shady is not going to play, does it force a game-plan that no defense has seen yet? Does this let Taylor run wild on odd formations and force our receivers and TEs to be a much bigger part of the plan?

Just trying to look at the positives but in a weird way, I think that not having the Jags D focus their game-plan around Shady could be a positive. One thing I believe is that our offense is going to be completely different without us putting such a huge emphasis on the run-game.

Well... IF good means Tyrod throwing we are missing our most prolific pass catcher this year (followed by Clay). I hope the other backs can catch well out of the backfield. Also, I THOUGHT the Jags pass D was good and their run D was suspect?

2 minutes ago, aceman_16 said:

Well... IF good means Tyrod throwing we are missing our most prolific pass catcher this year (followed by Clay). I hope the other backs can catch well out of the backfield. Also, I THOUGHT the Jags pass D was good and their run D was suspect?

Nope , both excellent, great pass rush too. Overall one of the top defenses in the league

I've stated this in other threads and I'm happy to state it again, I think we will be okay without Shady in the lineup Sunday.  I was extremely impressed with Marcus Murphy, and think he will surprise alot of people Sunday and have a big game.  I think Tyrod's mobility and ability to escape the rush, and extend plays will be a huge factor in the Bills success.  I don't think I would ever go as far as to say that Shady being out is a GOOD thing, because he accounts for a huge percentage of our offensive production, but I do think we can win Sunday without him.

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Shady is also our leading receiver in terms of catches.

In short, no. He is the single most important player on the team.

Right. Losing Shady means losing your best receiver and your best runner.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I know this is going to sound crazy but nobody is going to run against that Jax D. If Shady is not going to play, does it force a game-plan that no defense has seen yet? Does this let Taylor run wild on odd formations and force our receivers and TEs to be a much bigger part of the plan?

Just trying to look at the positives but in a weird way, I think that not having the Jags D focus their game-plan around Shady could be a positive. One thing I believe is that our offense is going to be completely different without us putting such a huge emphasis on the run-game.

Why can't we run against the Jags d?  They have the 21st ranked rush d - and are 3-6 in games where they gave up over 100 yards.

Figuring out how to run it on this team will be the key.  They also had a takeaway in 14 out of 16 games.  Kept opponents under 300 total yards 9 times.  

Edited by dneveu

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Remember when the Jags were the worst run defense in the NFL the first half the year...then we gave them Dareus for a bag of rocks and suddenly we can't run on them lol.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Losing Shady is not good in any way.

If he plays he won´t be 100% so we might see a different game plan, one with Shady as decoy I think while also throwing to him here and there. Murphy will carry the load or it will be divided in 3 ways with Murphy, Tolbert and Shady. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Remember when the Jags were the worst run defense in the NFL the first half the year...then we gave them Dareus for a bag of rocks and suddenly we can't run on them lol.  

5 100 yard games since we traded them dareus.  The stat's got a bit skewed when they held the browns and bengals running attacks... Considering they were 2 of the worst rushing teams in the league it shouldn't be a surprise though.