Bills add RB Aaron Green to practice squad.

PIZ

That is probably a decent sign that Shady is a real possibility, and his "game time" decision not just a flat ruse to make the Jags prepare differently. This is not to say Shady has a good chance to start or play, only that it's likely not a forgone conclusion. Regardless of what the team announces as his status.

• Like (+1) 1

How funny.. I'm a football card collector and I randomly had an Aaron Green autographed rookie card sitting on my desk  (from Leaf Trinity /25 if any other collectors out there).

But I actually posted because I had a question.  If signed to PS, can he be promoted to the active roster on Sunday of the same week??

Obviously, that is not something I would want to happen even if it is an option - because it would have to mean Shady isn't looking good - but just wondering.

Just now, BobBelcher said:

How funny.. I'm a football card collector and I randomly had an Aaron Green autographed rookie card sitting on my desk  (from Leaf Trinity /25 if any other collectors out there).

But I actually posted because I had a question.  If signed to PS, can he be promoted to the active roster on Sunday of the same week??

Obviously, that is not something I would want to happen even if it is an option - because it would have to mean Shady isn't looking good - but just wondering.

Sure he can.

12 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That is probably a decent sign that Shady is a real possibility, and his "game time" decision not just a flat ruse to make the Jags prepare differently. This is not to say Shady has a good chance to start or play, only that it's likely not a forgone conclusion. Regardless of what the team announces as his status.

that's my conclusion, as well.

i would imagine he travels with the team to Florida, as well.  Should something happen or McCoy not be able to play he gets activated Sunday morning and dresses.  

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Sure he can.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi6kZyDxrrYAhUKNd8KHaLtACcQFggsMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F1998%2F01%2F24%2Fsports%2Fsuper-bowl-xxxii-notebook-injury-sidelines-beebe.html&usg=AOvVaw1bUQR_6cCOAS66hijCI9TB

Jan 24, 1998 - Green Bay wide receiver Don Beebe, who has played in four Super Bowls, will miss this one because of injury. The Packers put Beebe on injured reserve today because of a lingering hamstring problem and activated receiver Ronnie Anderson from their practice squad.

19 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

Greene would first need to be signed to the active roster from the PS, and someone else cut or sent to IR to make room. That would happen by Friday so he can travel on Saturday. Still wouldn’t mean he is definitely active for gameday, but he would be available to be active if needed.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Greene would first need to be signed to the active roster from the PS, and someone else cut or sent to IR to make room. That would happen by Friday so he can travel on Saturday. Still wouldn’t mean he is definitely active for gameday, but he would be available to be active if needed.

Is Friday the last day to activate someone to active roster? They cannot do that Saturday? Just curious. I'm sure the team could get him there if they wanted.

18 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Is Friday the last day to activate someone to active roster? They cannot do that Saturday? Just curious. I'm sure the team could get him there if they wanted.

i can't see why he wouldn't be able to travel to florida, maybe he is visiting his aunt flow in jacksonville coincidentally?

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Early last week, because Cadet was out for the year.

Thanks Yolo, any idea what the deadline is for adding someone to the roster?  I didn't notice they had activated Murphy, though I admit I don't closely monitor such things.

I'm probably in the minority here. I believe RB has become one of the most replaceable positions in the NFL, even when it comes to an elite talent like Shady. We may not get the same level of production, but I don't think the drop-off will be as significant as "next man up" at some other positions. The perfect example is looking at Shady's backups every year in Buffalo and how well they've produced. As long as you aren't picking up guys that are old and fat and have decent enough run blocking, we can and will produce on the ground.

That said, the main reason I would be extremely bummed if Shady isn't out there is less about what it does to our chances of winning and more about the fact that he has been a leader on this team since he got here and a HUGE part of our journey to the playoffs and any time someone like that can't be out there with their teammates it's just ****ty.

Another TCU guy.  

"

The Bills made a precautionary move on their practice squad in the event that LeSean McCoy’s ankle injury is slow to recover this week. 

Buffalo signed free agent RB Aaron Green to their practice squad Tuesday. Green (5-11, 201) was most recently on the Dallas practice squad and was originally signed as an undrafted rookie by the L.A. Rams. 

The TCU product has appeared in two career NFL games (2016). He rushed for more than 2,400 yards and 20 touchdowns in three seasons with the Horned Frogs. 

To make room on the practice squad for Green, the Bills released S L.J. McCray."