This brutal cold snap

Ice bowl 67

Man this weather is getting crazy. My folks are on their way to Arizona for the winter and they are in Amarillo Texas where it is only 12 degrees. Hear me right, 12 degrees in Texas of all places, that is crazy! On the way down though they said it was below zero all the way almost to Oklahoma. Here it has been bitter cold since just before Christmas. If it got up to 20 again with sunshine that would be nice or even 25. The previous two winters before this year were super mild so this kind of weather is hard to take after such easy winters.

Hello Ice!

Here in Granbury Texas six hours southeast of Amarillo Texas it's 20° as I type.

It's been balmy ...LOL... here until Friday night. It will still be mid day on Wednesday when we finally pass 32°. 

Safe travels to your family!

I hope they had that 64 oz steak that Amarillo is famous .

Come on baseball season since we AIN'T going to the playoffs like our beloved Bills.

Happy New Year too!

Bizarre winter. Some of the ski areas here that put up 275-400" of snow annually have 20" of snow on the year. 20".

I just got back from 2 weeks in WNY and we had a -8F day at my parents house (near Kissing Bridge) with a good 3'+ of new snow too.  

Now it might snow in Tallahassee? WTF 

Edited by TheElectricCompany

I know I’m not going to get any sympathy here but here in the Orlando/Daytona area, it’s barrly getting past 50 this week. The wind chill currently is in the low to mid 40’s.

That’s pretty cold for this area and for it to last all week like it’s supposed to, it’s very unusual.

Went to the ND/LSU game yesterday and the weather was miserable. Windy, raining and temps in the mid 40’s, it felt like a lousy November game in Buffalo.

Looks like a new weather front should be hitting Saturday night into Sunday and get temps closer to 60 just in time for the game in Jax.

at work just before Christmas we looked at the long range forecast daily through March and not a single day was predicted at worse than -10 celcius, so it was going to be a nice winter after all...

and the -20 began a few days after that

good work on forecasts, boyos