Tyrod Taylor: Playoff QB

/dev/null

3 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

Tyrod Taylor is stastically, a fine starting QB in the NFL.  The entire world knows this and has been telling us for two years.

But a bunch of armchair forum fans scream that he doesn't pass the eye test because he's not John Elway.  OK, let's see what happens.

Now he's in the playoffs.  In the playoffs at 28 years old by the way, which is meaningful.  I want to keep the guy - I don't get why any sane, rational football fan can hate him all things considered.  Yes, I've watched him too.   

Let me ask you: if the Bills were to offer TT up in trade, what do you think teams would give for him?

3 hours ago, Woodman19 said:

Taylor is gone regardless

Dude, what is up with the buzzkill attitude?

Did you cry? "No, that's dumb"

Taylor got us to playoffs "Who cares, he's gone."

It's New Year's Eve/Day, the Bills are in the playoffs. You're allowed to enjoy it tonight.

Or in other words,

Francis.gif

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Let me ask you: if the Bills were to offer TT up in trade, what do you think teams would give for him?

I think it's changing on a daily basis.  If he's on the block then his value certainly increased today, and will only go up if he has a good showing in the playoffs.  If he wins?  Man, we better rethink everything, and if we do try to trade him, minimum 3rd rounder?  Really tough to say and I'm shooting from the hip, but  look at some of the starting QBs in this league.  Mariotta took a huge step back this year, so did Winston, Miami's still rolling with Tannehill?  Is Minnesota just system?  Etc. etc. etc.  Somebody is going to pay for Tyrod.

Edited by Hurricane Marv

13 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

Tyrod Taylor is stastically, a fine starting QB in the NFL.  The entire world knows this and has been telling us for two years.

But a bunch of armchair forum fans scream that he doesn't pass the eye test because he's not John Elway.  OK, let's see what happens.

Now he's in the playoffs.  In the playoffs at 28 years old by the way, which is meaningful.  I want to keep the guy - I don't get why any sane, rational football fan can hate him all things considered.  Yes, I've watched him too.   

Good for you, you keep him, I don't want anything to do with him. I want a good QB who does a lot of passing.

1 minute ago, Hurricane Marv said:

yes?

Mariotta

Winston

Carr

DAK

nyet

whats this? you think he is better than these guys? you're dreaming.

3 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

Good for you, you keep him, I don't want anything to do with him. I want a good QB who does a lot of passing.

whats this? you think he is better than these guys? you're dreaming.

Which one of these is not like the others?

Tyrod Taylor is in the playoffs.  Think what you will.  Mariotta is going to set Tennessee back for the next decade, by the way.

Edited by Hurricane Marv

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That question is not indicative of what a player is worth. 

Worth is relative.  He just took a team to the playoffs that hadn't made them in 17 years.  He's got a (if traded) cheap $10M contract for the season.  That should be worth a decent pick, no?  I mean, Jimmy G was traded for a 2nd without much game film to go on.

Just now, Hurricane Marv said:

I think it's changing on a daily basis.  If he's on the block then his value certainly increased today, and will only go up if he has a good showing in the playoffs.  If he wins?  Man, we better rethink everything, and if we do try to trade him, minimum 3rd rounder?  Really tough to say and I'm shooting from the hip, but  look at some of the starting QBs in this league.  Mariotta took a huge step back this, so did Winston, Miami's still rolling with Tannehill?  Is Minnesota just system?  Etc. etc. etc.  Somebody is going to pay for Tyrod.

Before today I thought that trading him was a pipe dream.  Now I'm thinking the Bills could have some serious suitors and, better yet, be able to direct where he goes.  If they decide to go that route.  Not necessarily saying they should unless they get a better QB.

Just now, Doc said:

Before today I thought that trading him was a pipe dream.  Now I'm thinking the Bills could have some serious suitors and, better yet, be able to direct where he goes.  If they decide to go that route.  Not necessarily saying they should unless they get a better QB.

I just hope they don't get fleeced.  He's not in the future but he clearly has value.

Tyrod Taylor is in the playoffs.  Think what you will.  Mariotta is going to set back Tennessee for the next decade, by the way.

Yep. Our defense was mediocre overall. Stats wise it was at the bottom. We had a pretty poor OL most of the season. Our WR was neither good nor healthy. There was not one game the entire year our WR corps was healthy. Our two best WR were acquired midway through the season. Shady was great because he was Shady and made something out of nothing. Our backups were lousy. Our OC was criminally bad even for Bills homers who don't like to criticize. 

8 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

Tyrod Taylor is in the playoffs.  Think what you will.  Mariotta is going to set Tennessee back for the next decade, by the way.

Doubt that

I just hope they don't get fleeced.  He's not in the future but he clearly has value.

It will be tough to trade him, no doubt, but I doubt they get fleeced if they do.  The biggest issue is whether to pay him the $6M roster bonus on 3/18 without knowing if there is a better option out there?  If they pay it to him, their leverage goes up.  The problem is that there are 5, maybe 6, teams in need of a QB, but how many remain after the draft?

1 minute ago, Doc said:

It will be tough to trade him, no doubt, but I doubt they get fleeced if they do.  The biggest issue is whether to pay him the $6M roster bonus on 3/18 without knowing if there is a better option out there?  If they pay it to him, their leverage goes up.  The problem is that there are 5, maybe 6, teams in need of a QB, but how many remain after the draft?

To me it's a no brainer. You keep him. You do everything you can to get the guy you like to be the new guy, Rosen or Darnold, even if it takes two ones, two twos, whatever. Or if that is not possible you do everything you can to get the guy you like like Mayfield or Jackson or Rudolph, it doesn't matter. Get the guy you like but keep Tyrod. Let them battle it out in training camp. If the draft pick is anywhere close start him, and then you have the best backup in the league. If he needs some time, play Tyrod for a few games and see how the team responds. 

Taylor is an average QB and Buffalo is likely a 7-10 win team with him.    It could be worse, look at the Peterman start, the 2015 London Jags game and week 17 last year, and that will give you an idea of the difference between average and horrible.

Buffalo would be smart to draft and develop a quarterback, but dumb to ditch Taylor for at least another year or two.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dgrochester55 said:

Taylor is an average QB and Buffalo is likely a 7-10 win team with him.    It could be worse, look at the Peterman start, the 2015 London Jags game and week 17 last year, and that will give you an idea of the difference between average and horrible.

Buffalo would be smart to draft and develop a quarterback, but dumb to ditch Taylor for at least another year or two.  

Except they were a 9-6 team with him. And little help.