So, the Big 10 huh?

Kirby Jackson

54 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

As we sit here they are 7-0 in bowls with 3 wins in New Year’s 6 bowls!! This is as impressive a bowl season as I can remember for a conference.

Hell yeah, Big 10 baby!

Wish one got into the playoffs though, probably next year.

42 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

Having more good teams than anyone else should not be disqualifying. The opposite, actually. 

Another reason for a bigger playoffs, 4 is just not enough and they know it. I expect it to expand with in 5 yrs.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

:lol:

Funny but not entirely accurate

The snarky comments next to Fitzgerald and Chryst mask the fact that they are coaching their Alma Mater's

Meyer is an Ohio native whose college coaching career started as a Graduate Assistant at Ohio State

Franklin is a Pennsylvania native whose coaching career started at a small college in PA (Kutztown)

7 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Funny but not entirely accurate

The snarky comments next to Fitzgerald and Chryst mask the fact that they are coaching their Alma Mater's

Meyer is an Ohio native whose college coaching career started as a Graduate Assistant at Ohio State

Franklin is a Pennsylvania native whose coaching career started at a small college in PA (Kutztown)

Oh I know -  he’s referring to urban and Franklin as coming from SEC schools 

14 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think you’re right. This was important though after the few years. It certainly helps the league moving forward.

It should help, as long as Big Ten teams don’t schedule quality non conference opponents. Bama will continue to play Florida Atlantic while OSU will be punished for losing to a top 10 team. The committee needs to change this. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5
  • Like (+1) 1

Big Ten has been very impressive and the bowl season shows the conference has depth.

However, I still think Bama > OSU, Georgia > PSU, and Auburn > Wisconsin.

OSU has a good defense, but they were not overly impressive against USC, who couldn't get out of their own way and lost by 35 to ND. I think OSU was rightly ranked #5 behind Bama.

Edited by FLXbillsmafia
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FLXbillsmafia said:

Big Ten has been very impressive and the bowl season shows the conference has depth.

However, I still think Bama > OSU, Georgia > PSU, and Auburn > Wisconsin.

OSU has a good defense, but they were not overly impressive against USC, who couldn't get out of their own way and lost by 35 to ND. I think OSU was rightly ranked #5 behind Bama.

The Iowa butt kicking ultimately ended the OSU season. With that being said, depending on tomorrow, OSU could finish with 5 wins better than Alabama’s best win (Wisconsin, PSU, MSU, USC, Michigan). Some of it is a little subjective but that is pretty crazy.

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Iowa butt kicking ultimately ended the OSU season. With that being said, depending on tomorrow, OSU could finish with 5 wins better than Alabama’s best win (Wisconsin, PSU, MSU, USC, Michigan). Some of it is a little subjective but that is pretty crazy.

OSU has better wins, but Bama's loss is so much better than OSU's combined two losses.

This is subjective as you say, but IMO if OSU played Auburn on the road, I think it is quite likely they would have lost, whereas if Bama played OSU's schedule (including the Bowl), I think they would have finished with at most 1 loss.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FLXbillsmafia said:

OSU has better wins, but Bama's loss is so much better than OSU's combined two losses.

This is subjective as you say, but IMO if OSU played Auburn on the road, I think it is quite likely they would have lost, whereas if Bama played OSU's schedule (including the Bowl), I think they would have finished with at most 1 loss.

That last part is where we disagree. I’m not sure that anyone can make an argument that Alabama played a tougher schedule. I was at that Iron Bowl and they got DOMINATED. That score was closer than the game and Johnson played hurt. That was the only tough game that Alabama had. It came down to 2 losses vs. 1 but I would be surprised if Alabama went through that schedule with 1 loss. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.