Rodak: Bills Remain Confident in Zay Jones

26CornerBlitz

30 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

So after one year there are Bills fans who want another teams player to be better than the one we have?  Give it some time people. It’s called a career...one year doesn’t make it. 

In fairness.........there are bad rookie years.........and then there is being the worst rated qualifying WR in the entire league.

He's been utter garbage.

The upside is that the things he is NOT doing as a pro he proved that he could do in college.    Catching the football is still catching the football and he was a vacuum with an outrageously large catch radius at ECU.

This isn't a Shaq situation where physical limitations weren't reflected in his production in college.

5 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Kupp plays with established receivers Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods, veteran tight end Jared Cook has also been healthy. Jones has had decent players Jordan Matthews and Charles Clay around him but both have been banged up. Even Kelvin Benjamin hasn't been able to stay healthy. I also think Goff is a better QB than Tyrod. So it isn't surprising that Kupp has been able to perform and produce more in the circumstances he finds himself in. So I doubt that Kupp on the Bills would be putting up anywhere close to the numbers he has with the Rams, although I think he probably would be better than Jones at least so far. 

Fair points but kupp is definitely better than Jones regardless of the circumstances they are in.

Kupp creates better separation and can catch contested passes. Zay has done neither so far 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/29/2017 at 10:54 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....kid will come around.....got the sophomore jinx year out of the way a year early (I HOPE).....probably no one on the planet that feels worse about dropsies after 160 catch season at East Carolina.....

He skipped a grade. We’ll be fine. The bright ones do that. 

Break thru player of the year coming up, assuming we have a good QB, and line, and OC, and a healthy run game....so don’t bet the farm....  But I’m optimistic! 

• Like (+1) 1

So can we officially stop with the excuses for Zay?

Smith Schuster a guy drafted after Zay, is playing with Landry Jones And is lighting it up! 

Nothing to do with Big Ben as many people will point out. Just a guy making plays with a backup quarterback 

Time for Zay to start doing the same thing

19 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

In fairness.........there are bad rookie years.........and then there is being the worst rated qualifying WR in the entire league.

He's been utter garbage.

The upside is that the things he is NOT doing as a pro he proved that he could do in college.    Catching the football is still catching the football and he was a vacuum with an outrageously large catch radius at ECU.

This isn't a Shaq situation where physical limitations weren't reflected in his production in college.

Talk to your boy, ECU QB prob threw a better ballIMG_7699.thumb.JPG.abd8cfb26a83aa328c8a679e4f727d65.JPG

Edited by Teddy KGB

On 12/30/2017 at 2:54 AM, MJS said:

Go look at his stats. He had a dominant 7 game stretch and that's about all.

And if you think he had 1 injury plagued season, you must have been drunk. He only played a full season his rookie year, and many of the games he DID play he was little more than a decoy because he was playing hurt.

McDermott absolutely made the right decision to deal him. He was a me first guy here, from his own mouth, and never played anywhere near the level of an elite receiver. Nor has he played up to a #1 WR in LA either, yet.

Watkins missed 3 games over his first two years before the foot injury that took most of 2016 season. He's got more TDs than any Rams WR, and the highest ypc of any Rams WR with at least 15 catches. The design of the offense, Goff and many weapons have limited SW touches. 

• Like (+1) 1