Terry Pegula: "We Have to Fix Replay"

26CornerBlitz

45 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...where the hell are you coming from?.....the LEAGUE is all money, NOT Pegula....re-read what I posted.......first, when Terry bought the Bills, he said, "they're Kim's baby" which is why he wanted Polian to come in as czar and train her, but feathers flew.....HOWEVER, it did NOT preclude HIS interest nor his STRONG desire to own a winner......it was the game right before the London trip that the Bills lost....TP was watching Sports Center in his office and on that particular Sunday, two or three BACK UP QB's threw for 300+ yds and led their teams to "W's".....Roman and Wrecks were walking by his office and he called them both in asking, "why the hell can't our players do this?"......they had no answers......could care less if you believe it or not....doesn't make a damn bit of difference to me and I do NOT need to post BS after 55 years of following this club....ain't happenin'.....

My bad. I thought you were saying nfl ( as in 32 owners). Only care about money and not winning.

13 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

My bad. I thought you were saying nfl ( as in 32 owners). Only care about money and not winning.

...no bad...we're good my friend....MONEY is the sole focus of owners AND the league....Goodell's proclamation was to "grow this into a 25 billion dollar business by 2027"......should pretty much define the primary focus...ratings are declining, product is declining as well as being over officiated, prices for the average Joe Fan the once foundation are beyond reach, but they think they are impervious to all of it...certainly owners are about winning....care to be the Rooneys with 6 Lombardis on the shelf or Pats with 5?......and the NFL is savvy enough to know where else are major advertisers going to spend their dollars on Sundays......The Weather Channel?...Lawrece Welk re-runs?.....The Lucy Show?.....guess where?..........

Love the response from Terry.  Mac stared a hole through the ref of the field (loved that, too), and Terry stuck up for his team today.  We need all,the support from the top we can get for Sunday. 

What at is so aggravating about the Benjamin reversal is that it was contrary to the "indisputable evidence" rule.  The steelers/pats call, though vexing, was the right call. The issue there was the rule, which is stupid but which was enforced properly.  In our situation, the NFL enforced the rule improperly. 

As much of a garage league as it may be, the NHL does its player discipline thing very well with the you tube videos.  I would LOVE to see Al Riveron narrate a video explaining exactly how the evidence that Benjamin did not catch that ball is indisputable.  Objectively speaking, I think Benjamin probably didn't catch the ball, but Im not sure of that, meaning that the call shouldn't have been reversed. Terry made the point well -- replay was meant to fix obvious errors, not to change the result of something that wasn't obviously a mistake.  

Edited by SectionC3

4 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

Thank you to Pegs for going to bat for this team and this town.  Wish McD would have done the same.

Did you miss his post game comments and his comments today? He said what he could short of drawing a fine.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Maybe on the field but not in the replay booth, and especially when one official consistently makes bizarre calls in one team's favor. That's called game fixing,

Where I think we need to do better to be impactful is to avoid harping in calls that were right (like Pittsburgh) as it dilutes the argument immensely 

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Did you miss his post game comments and his comments today? He said what he could short of drawing a fine.

If he feels strongly- draw a fine. Why not?

10 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Nearly every Patriots' fan thinks it was a TD. 37-20. Woo Hoo!

Still, every rule and rule change since 2001, has been in response to something that helped NE. No one cared about the Tuck Rule when it cost NE a win, but when it helped them.... No one cared about the common eligible/ineligible receivers rule until NE used it against the Ravens.   

Just now, ricko1112 said:

Nearly every Patriots' fan thinks it was a TD. 37-20. Woo Hoo!

Still, every rule and rule change since 2001, has been in response to something that helped NE. No one cared about the Tuck Rule when it cost NE a win, but when it helped them.... No one cared about the common eligible/ineligible receivers rule until NE used it against the Ravens.   

Faulty logic as the game would have been played differently from that point on with the score of 17-13 at halftime. 

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Would it make you feel better? As for why not, you aren't the one cutting the check.

Its a fine that would be peanuts to him. If he thinks it’s a huge deal and he could be impactful I’d hope the money wouldn’t change his mind.

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Faulty logic as the game would have been played differently from that point on with the score of 17-13 at halftime. 

Did you read what you wrote before you posted?  The Bills would have scored 4 more points. 4 points....

2 Games. ZERO offensive TDs. 

The score would have been 37-20. There was nothing the Bills could have done to change that. Sunday was the Bills' Super Bowl.

Until Buffalo decides to add an NFL QB to their roster, they will continue to miss the playoffs...

2 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

Did you read what you wrote before you posted?  The Bills would have scored 4 more points. 4 points....

2 Games. ZERO offensive TDs. 

The score would have been 37-20. There was nothing the Bills could have done to change that. Sunday was the Bills' Super Bowl.

Until Buffalo decides to add an NFL QB to their roster, they will continue to miss the playoffs...

If you say so.  It's all conjecture, but I do believe NE would have likely won irrespective of the bad call.   Gonna be funny if they make the postseason in 2017. 

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

If you say so.  It's all conjecture, but I do believe NE would have likely won irrespective of the bad call.   Gonna be funny if they make the postseason in 2017. 

The irony here is that had the Bills not benched one of the worst QBs in the NFL (Tyrod), for an even worse QB, the Bills would be in the playoffs!

59 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If he is fined he should make every effort to highlight getting a fine even paying the fines in counterfeit coins stating the money was going to go to the blind and dumb disabled referee fund.

error1-2.jpg

6 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Sounds like Super Bowl XXVIII.  Bills lead by 7 at the half. Thurman Thomas fumbles on the 1st play of the 2nd half and it's returned for a TD which ties the game.  Thurman is inconsolable, the whole team gets deflated and game over.  That team though had the heartbreak of the the 3 prior Super Bowls so it didn't take much for a "here we go again" outlook that perhaps affects these Bills when playing the Pats.

Isn't that weird how psychology can actually affect performance in the literal game I'll come I always thought that's very weird

I remember literally thinking after halftime at Super Bowl 28 that the team was going to make a couple cashed off of mistakes and completely be deflated

I don't know what that is what you call it psychology or whatever but it's extremely bizarre

3 hours ago, ricko1112 said:

The irony here is that had the Bills not benched one of the worst QBs in the NFL (Tyrod), for an even worse QB, the Bills would be in the playoffs!

Cause Tyrod would have for sure beat the chargers???

Why do you pick that game?

What about the Carolina game where Tyrod couldn't score any points... or the Bengals game he squandered. What about the jets game where nearly all of our offense came at garbage time?

Hmmmm I think trying to shoulder the blame to Peterman is bullllllshit.

My 2 cents on how to fix replay...

- Two challenges per team, with a third of both are correct (no change).

- End the review on all scoring plays.  If the opposing coach decides it is worth reviewing, he can risk one of his challenges and a timeout.

- Allow reviews on penalties, especially offensive and defensive pass interference. These are game-changing calls and challenges are appropriate to get them right.  I have heard the argument that reviews on penalties will make the game too long, the limit of two challenges per game offsets this concern. 

- Get rid of the reviews initiated from New York in the final two minutes. If your challenges are gone, they are gone.  In this model, every call is either made by the official on the field or following a review initiated by the coach’s challenge.  

- Reinforce the concept that the ruling on the field stands in the absence of indisputable evidence to overturn the call.