Call of Duty: WW2. Any suggestions?

BringBackFergy

Anyone else have XBox 1 and Call of Duty WW2?

NG and I have played a few games on the same team. Great time. C'mon...don't be shy. I suck at this game but wouldn't mind creating a clan of TBD members.

Mrags obviously feels threatened not only by my truck, but my COD skills too.

• Like (+1) 1

HELP!

For Xmas I received the special edition COD: WWII Playstation 4.  This features the PS4 machine in ugly green camouflage colors and the game itself in a bundled package.

Should I keep this?  I would prefer the machine in something simple like black or silver or whatever it is supposed to come in...

And is the game as good as I hope it is?  I am a big fan of the WWII first person shooter games, and have most of the COD or MOH games from past PS consoles.

What does anyone think?  Keep this or return it for a different machine/game package?

EDIT:  This is the 1 TB console with 1080P resolution, not the "PRO" console with 2160 resolution and the ability to play 4K ultra HD DVDs. 

EDIT:  It looks like the ugly camouflage edition I got is the basic machine at the basic machine price, plus a freebie of the COD:WW2 game throw in for free; that might be enough to keep it, despite it's ugly ass.  Doesn't make sense to exchange for the black box and then have to buy the game on top of the $300 price.

Still appreciate any observations about all this.

Edited by Fadingpain
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

HELP!

For Xmas I received the special edition COD: WWII Playstation 4.  This features the PS4 machine in ugly green camouflage colors and the game itself in a bundled package.

Should I keep this?  I would prefer the machine in something simple like black or silver or whatever it is supposed to come in...

And is the game as good as I hope it is?  I am a big fan of the WWII first person shooter games, and have most of the COD or MOH games from past PS consoles.

What does anyone think?  Keep this or return it for a different machine/game package?

Return it and get an XBox. :D

I never thought I'd get used to the XBox controller but now I like it a lot. Mrags has PS4 and loves it.

So if you are accustomed to PS4, stay with that system.

As for the "look" of the console, I guess I don't worry about that as much. If WW2 came as a bundle, is it a good deal? Not sure what the normal price is for a black PS4 and game sold separately.

You will loooove the WW2 game. Haven't even finished the campaign....just playing multiplayer right now which is frustrating and exciting all at the same time.

Edited by BringBackFergy

17 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Return it and get an XBox. :D

I never thought I'd get used to the XBox controller but now I like it a lot. Mrags has PS4 and loves it.

So if you are accustomed to PS4, stay with that system.

As for the "look" of the console, I guess I don't worry about that as much. If WW2 came as a bundle, is it a good deal? Not sure what the normal price is for a black PS4 and game sold separately.

You will loooove the WW2 game. Haven't even finished the campaign....just playing multiplayer right now which is frustrating and exciting all at the same time.

Thanks for your 2 cents.  I am a PS guy, though I have nothing against the X Box stuff and I know each system has its own strengths and weaknesses.  To be honest, I should buy both and I know many guys do! 

Yes, the COD PS4 is basically the basic machine plus the game for free.

At Best Buy at least, the base machine in black is the same price ($299.99) but without the game. You'd have to go buy that separately.  I assume that is like $59.99 right now as it is new.

So I suppose I either keep this or return for the new Xbox which is kind of like the PS5 that does not exist, at least as I understand it.

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

A trick to get all your gun upgrades is do a bunch of domination or hardpoint games where you can get lots of kills and headshots. 

I have been playing TDM wayyyy too much. I need to start playing the other games like domination and hardpoint. There's also a "gridiron" game (carrying a football type thing which I haven't played yet.

I've played "War" a few times and seem to rack up decent points in that. Very cool game.

5 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Thanks for your 2 cents.  I am a PS guy, though I have nothing against the X Box stuff and I know each system has its own strengths and weaknesses.  To be honest, I should buy both and I know many guys do! 

Yes, the COD PS4 is basically the basic machine plus the game for free.

At Best Buy at least, the base machine in black is the same price ($299.99) but without the game. You'd have to go buy that separately.  I assume that is like $59.99 right now as it is new.

So I suppose I either keep this or return for the new Xbox which is kind of like the PS5 that does not exist, at least as I understand it.

I guess it depends how eager you are to start playing. If you think the newer PS4 (PS5) is an upgrade to the one you have, maybe return it and just buy the game. Either way, I completely understand wanting to stay with PS system. It does take some time to get used to the new controller.

Would be great if there was some way to integrate the two systems (XBox and PS)...maybe some day

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I have been playing TDM wayyyy too much. I need to start playing the other games like domination and hardpoint. There's also a "gridiron" game (carrying a football type thing which I haven't played yet.

I've played "War" a few times and seem to rack up decent points in that. Very cool game.

TDM is the most consistently fun game, but to break up the monotony and get a bunch of easy kills the others are good for it. But don't play hardpoint competitively because you'll get frustrated trying to get in the hardpoint (the point of the game) and a bunch of your teammates are just running around trying to upgrade their gear. 

I created a private "Club" on here for Call of Duty WW2. Once SDS approves it or one of the mods, I can invite any of you guys and it will be easier to post your XBox or PS4 screen names unless you want to start a "group message". Whatever works for you guys but I thought the Club would be easier. Will update you when it's approved.

(God, I feel like a nerd)

Can I be part of the club even if i don't play video games?

22 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I created a private "Club" on here for Call of Duty WW2. Once SDS approves it or one of the mods, I can invite any of you guys and it will be easier to post your XBox or PS4 screen names unless you want to start a "group message". Whatever works for you guys but I thought the Club would be easier. Will update you when it's approved.

(God, I feel like a nerd)

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Will do....BillsWillKillMe is my profile.

Will add you and GoBills tonight. I tried to add GoBills last night with the name he provided but it didn't work. Then I played a couple rounds with NervousGuy and he cleaned up!!! Dude has game.

2 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Can I be part of the club even if i don't play video games?

The membership fee is pretty steep. BEER

4 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Will add you and GoBills tonight. I tried to add GoBills last night with the name he provided but it didn't work. Then I played a couple rounds with NervousGuy and he cleaned up!!! Dude has game.

The membership fee is pretty steep. BEER

I will join the kids game for a beer ?????