Who are this year's top non-QB free agent targets?

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

It really is. Baldwin went from a guy that used to get trashed by Cris Carter to a star. They had Kearse too and he’s had a decent year for the Jets.

What gets me is they were all 2nd round and on- guys. Didn't need a first round can't miss Watkins type deal...whoever runs the scouting program in Seattle really has an eye for wideouts. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Could be but we don't value wide receivers a lot right now.  We'd have to overpay the guy.  Will be interesting but I don't feel comfortable with overpaying for a wide out when we haven't used them much.  

....usually INACTIVE or in the Witness Protection Program with our prolific passing game.................

3 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Could be but we don't value wide receivers a lot right now.  We'd have to overpay the guy.  Will be interesting but I don't feel comfortable with overpaying for a wide out when we haven't used them much.  

We need a guy to stretch the field though. Richardson would be a much, much, much better use of money than Matthews. According to Dunkirk Don he was a part of the trade if they sent Glenn to Seattle. I’d be really surprised if the Bills didn’t try to get a #1/2 WR. 

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

What gets me is they were all 2nd round and on- guys. Didn't need a first round can't miss Watkins type deal...whoever runs the scouting program in Seattle really has an eye for wideouts. 

It’s funny because we could use any of those guys. They complement each other well too. 

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We need a guy to stretch the field though. Richardson would be a much, much, much better use of money than Matthews. According to Dunkirk Don he was a part of the trade if they sent Glenn to Seattle. I’d be really surprised if the Bills didn’t try to get a #1/2 WR. 

Oh I agree we need the position filled but I don't think we should spend more money there.  I think we should draft one.  We already have big money put into weapons on the offense in Benjamin, Clay and Mccoy.  Draft another receiver to develop with whatever young QB is here

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s funny because we could use any of those guys. They complement each other well too. 

Goes to show how valuable those Robert Woods-type picks are. Top end talent is great, but there's just so much value in hitting on mid rounds it can't be understated IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Oh I agree we need the position filled but I don't think we should spend more money there.  I think we should draft one.  We already have big money put into weapons on the offense in Benjamin, Clay and Mccoy.  Draft another receiver to develop with whatever young QB is here

I could see one drafted but this draft is a little light at WR. I’ve made a case for Parris Campbell in the 2nd (if he’s there). I’m good with a variety of options as long as we add some explosiveness. Watching the play JuJu made Sunday Night showed just how important it is. He should have won the game for them with that play. The Bills don’t have anyone like that.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I could see one drafted but this draft is a little light at WR. I’ve made a case for Parris Campbell in the 2nd (if he’s there). I’m good with a variety of options as long as we add some explosiveness. Watching jay play JuJu made Sunday Night showed just how important it is. He should have won the game for them with that play. The Bills don’t have anyone like that.

There aren't a lot of top first round type wide outs but there is plenty of depth in this class.  I think Campell would be the perfect type of guy.  He can give us some explosion on kick returns and can be used like a Percy Harvin player.   

• Like (+1) 1

I’d go after...

DT- Star Lotulelei (run stuffer we need)

CB- TJ Carrie (cheap DB depth & versatility)

QB- Teddy Bridgewater/Sam Bradford/AJ McCarron If he becomes a UFA

Also on a side note, I would look into dealing for Jabrill Peppers from the Browns. Gregg Williams has been playing him 25-30yards off the ball as a FS. In reality he should be a SS, or even more so seems like he could be a fit in McDermott’s scheme as an OLB, similar to what they did with Thomas Davis. Maybe something around Shaq Lawson if they don’t believe he’s the right fit with Cleveland potentially adding something small?