Would you trade the Bills 2 first round picks to the 49ers for Garoppalo?

The 9 Isles

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You mean on his "meds" of course.  Much better tweets and decision making in an altered state. 

...nope....NO meds means delusional desperation......so you offer him a conditional 6th and a NEW supply of meds......done deal.......even replenish the 29 grand in the glove box as an adder....

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Since when does past considerations dictate current value?  Russel Wilson was a 3rd round draft pick, you think after earning the starting job as a rookie and half way through his rookie performance he was still only going to carry a 3rd round pick value?  

Jimmy had very impressive showings in his limited time on the field in NE...he followed that up by taking a WINLESS team and going 3-0 despite having very little time to learn the system and build timing and rapport with the offense.  He has 2 300 yard games in that span too.  

You are literally deslusional if you think his value is anywhere near the 2nd round pick.  And it also isn't about what his market value is, its about whether or not SF would trade him.  They will NOT be trading him and sure as hell not trading him 2 picks likely in the bottom third of the first round of a draft.  There is not a single prospect in this draft more promising than Jimmy G right now.  You DONT trade away talented young QB's who look legit when you don't have a QB.  

So there is literally a ZERO percent chance that anyone will offer SF enough to trade Jimmy at this point, and they sure as hell won't do it for the 2 first rounders we have. 

Garoppolo was literally traded for a 2nd round pick 2 months ago. Russel Wilson was drafted. 

49ers weren't winless, but that's splitting hairs.

So you are basing his increased value over 3 games against the Bears, Texans, and Titans? I'm not saying he can't be what you say, I'm saying its unlikely, and you may want to slow your roll on that until you have more evidence or consistent play. 

I mean your argument consists of "He played well last year for 2 games",  and then the Patriots let him go for a 2nd round pick because why? No one bought that he was good? Then he plays "ok" (let's not kid ourselves on his play) on a bad team against bad teams, and his value jumps from a 2nd round pick to more than 2 1st rounders? That would be a huge gamble and baffling move by any team that should have been looking when the Patriots were offering him for a 2nd rounder. Again that is assuming that Garoppolo is what you say.

Edit: Let me just add that I understand the 49ers won't let him go for any price right now. That has more to do with ego, and believing they are right on him than reality at this point though.

Edited by What a Tuel

On 12/21/2017 at 10:24 AM, The 9 Isles said:

This is a very snarky board. Jeesh. 

Well.  When you make a dumb thread you should expect that.

Another question for people.  If Aaron Rodgers becomes available would you trade your top two picks for him?

10 hours ago, xRUSHx said:

I agree but would hate for the Bills to trade so much for him. IMO I think SF would make the trade for the 2-1st rounders and then grab Rosen/Darnold. Hell of a trade for them IMO. Man they would have 3-1st rounders

Because Jimmy G is the best QB they have had since Young! He has the team playing hard and believing if it's close he can win it at the end. That keeps the team fighting hard all the time. Also 3 1st is like 3 lottery tickets.. could be a blockbuster but also a bust but more than likely just average.

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Another question for people.  If Aaron Rodgers becomes available would you trade your top two picks for him?

That's tough. Is Rodgers the type to play til he's 40? He's 34 now, and plenty of QBs have been retiring earlier. We'd be giving up a potential rookie QB who might be the next Aaron Rodgers for 4-5 years of QB greatness at a high contract price. If we think we could build the team to win in those 4-5 years under those conditions then I'd say definitely.

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Because Jimmy G is the best QB they have had since Young! He has the team playing hard and believing if it's close he can win it at the end. That keeps the team fighting hard all the time. Also 3 1st is like 3 lottery tickets.. could be a blockbuster but also a bust but more than likely just average.

Give me a break. That's quite a boastful claim that we can argue all day long but let's just come back in 3 years and see how its going.

Edited by What a Tuel

On 12/21/2017 at 10:41 AM, PatsFanNH said:

Rumor is BB wanted trade Brady in the off season for multiple picks and sign Jimmy G long term contract. Kraft wouldn't hear of it and told him No. 

im not sure how true that rumor is but I wouldn't be shocked if it i was true.

Trade Brady?

What do you figure? 4th?

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

That’s a pretty stupid thing to say. There are 6 pages of responses (including your idiotic post) with people discussing a hypothetical situation. What are we saving babies here? Don’t be a jerk. 

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I agree. I find threads like this to be asinine.