QBs who can play inside the pocket: Alex Smith, Kirk Cousins rank highly

YoloinOhio

34 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

If the Bills brain trust doesn't come up with a better scheme to protect their pocket QB, they probably will need to find at least 6 pocket QB's.

Amen.  

Whatever happens with Taylor, in my opinion, you've got to replace Dennison.  The turtle offense when in the lead is worrisome.  Maybe that's on McD, I don't know.  But if there's any year where you pull out the stops to step on teams' necks or simply gamble, it would be this year.  It's a free year for him in so many ways.  Take the Miami win.....great first half, play not-to-lose second half and sorta limp away with the victory.  Zero momentum going into this week from that game and, in fact, the team probably feels a bit down after the W.  

13 hours ago, JohnC said:

Changing schemes has little to do with the running qb's struggle with accuracy, eading defenses and going through progressions. You either have an ability to do it or you don't. Blaming the multiple OCs he has played under to adjust to his limitations is a distraction and divergence from the real issue of inherit deficiencies that he has. Teams are adjusting to Taylor by doing their best to contain him and force him to play in a way that he is not comfortable with. The limited book on him is on full display. The running qb has had seven years to add another dimension to his game that would allow him to be a more complete qb. He has not been able to do it. What you now see is what you are going to get. 

Whaley wanted to move on from Taylor. The new regime apparently wants to move on from him. The storyline is baked in: Taylor will not be on the Bills' roster next year. It will be because he simply isn't good enough for an organization that has higher aspirations other than being mediocre. 

13 hours ago, Socal-805 said:

POST of the month, for sure.

Post of the year!!! 

1 hour ago, ALF said:

I'm betting Redskins bite the bullet and sign Cousins long term.

They have no other option but Colt McCoy.  

They have to do something or be willing to be the bottom of the NFCE for a long time.  

them and the Giants 

1 hour ago, jr1 said:

Cousins has a worse winning percentage than Tyrod

That will change once McCoy is by his side. 

Won’t be one dimensional offense anymore.  

Cousins is a  A minus/B plus qb 

Tyrod is a D plus/C minus guy 

Its clearly a major upgrade.  

I'm not a fan of Cousins  -- 

• He's played in every game the past 3 years, and has not been benched that I can recall  
  • he had two 1000 yard receivers last year.
  • Both were dealt int he offseason  

TT

• missed 3 games due to injury, (1 in 16 to protect the team from a contract hit in 17)
  • he's been benched 3 times ? thus far this year. 
  • Have we had a 1000 receiver in the last year 3 years? 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I see them going after Alex Smith as a bridge QB, then draft one this year or next. Smith is solid in the pocket and we'd have a boatload of picks to shore up the rest of the holes in this team. We're not going to get the top 2 QBs and if we  grab a Lamarr Jackson or a Mayfield, they'll need a few years to get ready. Seems like a plan to me. 

• Like (+1) 2