Military pension, 38 yrs old. Now what??

westerndecline

16 hours ago, mead107 said:

? I took a10% pay cut to stay home.  

But they gave me 10% for working 3rd shift 

so I guess they are just paying me to stay home.  I love ❤️ being home and making Stromboli. 

When I worked from home for a short time I gained weight...hitting up the fridge and bags of chips like a food addict...also taking a daily shower /getting dressed wasn't on the top of my priority list...

Edited by Misterbluesky

27 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

A lawyer.  Working @ a lock or GE on 3rd shift. Commercially fishing carp.

The possibilities are numerous.

A lawyer... fine.... at GE.... okay... but working at a lock? What kind of ? would want to do such a thing to themselves??? Poor fella wouldn’t have anything to talk about when it came to work...

Nobody cares about a lock operators work...

11 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

A lawyer... fine.... at GE.... okay... but working at a lock? What kind of ? would want to do such a thing to themselves??? Poor fella wouldn’t have anything to talk about when it came to work...

Nobody cares about a lock operators work...

I’d switch places with the lock operator gig in a minute, but only if I could still have my current salary and summers off :D

22 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’d switch places with the lock operator gig in a minute, but only if I could still have my current salary and summers off :D

Probably come close to wage... If not more.  Just have the sig other go out and hustle 6 figures... :D

But who wants summers off!  That's the best part, all the bikinis... HECK... If the hot chicks are wearing anything at all! You'd be surprised (no you wouldn't) what hot chicks will do for rides on 1/2 million dollar speed boats!

You want winters off, which basically happens when river freezes.  Midnights, just get a "no hitter" & you got your rest just like @ GE.

Every month you get a stretch of 7-8 days off anyway, without having to take any leave.

4 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

Srsly!!! Me 2....

They are hiring on the Monongahela, Ohio, & Allegheny... But not sure if they have hot chicks in the sticks.  Unless, you like the one-tooth wonders w/purdy mouths.  Not that there is anything wrong with that if that's what turns you on...:ph34r:

Maybe... SECOND THOUGHT... Move closer to Pittsburgh... :P

11 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Probably come close to wage... If not more.  Just have the sig other go out and hustle 6 figures... :D

But who wants summers off!  That's the best part, all the bikinis... HECK... If the hot chicks are wearing anything at all! You'd be surprised (no you wouldn't) what hot chicks will do for rides on 1/2 million dollar speed boats!

You want winters off, which basically happens when river freezes.  Midnights, just get a "no hitter" & you got your rest just like @ GE.

Every month you get a stretch of 7-8 days off anyway, without having to take any leave.

They are hiring on the Monongahela, Ohio, & Allegheny... But not sure if they have hot chicks in the sticks.  Unless, you like the one-tooth wonders w/purdy mouths.  Not that there is anything wrong with that if that's what turns you on...:ph34r:

Maybe... SECOND THOUGHT... Move closer to Pittsburgh... :P

Too many restrictions on catchin’ deers near the tall buildings....

serious question..... do you find it even a little bit strange how enthralled with the lock system and all its ancillary things, that you are???

2 hours ago, CountryCletus said:

Too many restrictions on catchin’ deers near the tall buildings....

serious question..... do you find it even a little bit strange how enthralled with the lock system and all its ancillary things, that you are???

I was born in Buffalo.  What do you expect.

Yes, to answer your question.  Everybody has a vocation.  Your's happens to be cooking up road kill, I find that extremely strange too.

I am just a  canal/lock nerd...

Caen_Hill_Locks.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Like people with trains, there is something mechanically grounding, slow paced about the vocation... That modern modes of transportation have tried to render it obsolete... But never will.

I think I see your cheap flat screen in there.

It must be in one of those boxes. vvvvv

canal-britannica.com_-e1294949984177-cre

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I posted pictures.

Not good enough?

Millennials too lazy

I don’t acknowledge copy and paste as your own intellectual property.... so when I’m quoting you, I don’t feel the need to include them... however, maybe I should include them as I’m sure copy and paste was quite a learning experience for you... ?

1 minute ago, CountryCletus said:

I don’t acknowledge copy and paste as your own intellectual property.... so when I’m quoting you, I don’t feel the need to include them... however, maybe I should include them as I’m sure copy and paste was quite a learning experience for you... ?

I don't either (three words).  Easy.