Cali Mileage Tax

Dante

17 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Do the tiny house people all congregate in the same general area?  That would be so hilarious seeing a hipster trailer park

These arent hipsters

Ppl i personally despise

Its called common sense

A minimalist might be a better term

13 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

When they do it's called a "trailer park".

Its obvious u r anti working class

2 hours ago, westerndecline said:

She pays no rent lol

Her tiny house was paid in full

She pays a camper fee

A "camper fee" is renting the space.

It is "rent."

That's how she has those electrical and water hookups. They are provided for fee RV parks, which is where she is.

Her "tiny house" is an RV. You can call it whatever you want.

It has wheels.  She tows it, and it has inputs for electrical and water.

The video is from an RV park.

She may have built it, but it is an RV. Lots of people do.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/17/2017 at 5:25 PM, sherpa said:

A "camper fee" is renting the space.

It is "rent."

That's how she has those electrical and water hookups. They are provided for fee RV parks, which is where she is.

Her "tiny house" is an RV. You can call it whatever you want.

It has wheels.  She tows it, and it has inputs for electrical and water.

The video is from an RV park.

She may have built it, but it is an RV. Lots of people do.

Are u really going there???

U do realize her tiny house is self sufficient?

U do realize a rv lot fee is incredibly lower than rent, in comparison its a virtual non cost conpared to some rent

What are u really trying to accomplish here???

The water hookups are there for a rv lot, a friends house, or any area water is available lol

She uses solar and propane for energy

She electrical connects for the same purpose of the water ones i listed above

33 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

Are u really going there???

U do realize her tiny house is self sufficient?

U do realize a rv lot fee is incredibly lower than rent, in comparison its a virtual non cost conpared to some rent

What are u really trying to accomplish here???

The water hookups are there for a rv lot, a friends house, or any area water is available lol

She uses solar and propane for energy

She electrical connects for the same purpose of the water ones i listed above

I have an RV. A Starcraft AR 16bh.

I am extremely familiar with this "lifestyle," as you put it.

The difference between you and I is that I understand what she has and what is going on, and you don't.

Fees for RV lots vary, but I usually stay at Virginia state parks, and the cost is $30/night for what she is doing. That's $900/month.

She is probably getting some kind of monthly rate and a mortgage or rent may be more expensive, but your characterization that it is a "virtual non cost" is ridiculous.

In case you doubt it, at the 2:46 mark of the video she states:

"I am staying at an RV park in Oregon."

At the beginning of the video where she shows the construction, she is using a trailer chassis.

That's what RV's use, and that's what people who make their own RV's use. You and she can call it a "tiny house" till the cows come home, but it's an RV. It has a hitch for towing and it has wheels.

The bad part is that it is a grossly overweight RV for what she has. RV's are a lot nicer.

I expect the "partner" she mentioned at the beginning, who is no longer with her figured that out early on and fled the thing.

You claim:

"U do realize her tiny house is self sufficient?"

Again, completely false. It is hard for me to find a way to explain to someone that when you have hookups for water and electricity, you are not self sufficient at all. The hookups are there because she needs them.

You claim:

"She uses solar and propane for energy."  

No she doesn't.

She has no solar other than windows. She uses an ac hookup for energy. If you consider windows solar energy, that's your business. She certainly uses propane and wood.

Anyway, if people want to live that way, its their business, but be honest about it. 

To be self sufficient, if you want electricity you have two choices. You can put up a lot of solar capacity to charge batteries, or you can use your vehicles charging system to charge the batteries.  Otherwise, pull up to at least a 20 amp ac source and plug in, which is what this woman is doing.

There are no great secrets to this. 

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

The difference between you and I is that I understand what she has and what is going on, and you don't.

Fees for RV lots vary, but I usually stay at Virginia state parks, and the cost is $30/night for what she is doing. That's $900/month.

She is probably getting some kind of monthly rate and a mortgage or rent may be more expensive, but your characterization that it is a "virtual non cost" is ridiculous.

At the beginning of the video where she shows the construction, she is using a trailer chassis.

That's what RV's use, and that's what people who make their own RV's use. You and she can call it a "tiny house" till the cows come home, but it's an RV. It has a hitch for towing and it has wheels.

The bad part is that it is a grossly overweight RV for what she has. RV's are a lot nicer.

I expect the "partner" she mentioned at the beginning, who is no longer with her figured that out early on and fled the thing.

You claim:

"U do realize her tiny house is self sufficient?"

Again, completely false. It is hard for me to find a way to explain to someone that when you have hookups for water and electricity, you are not self sufficient at all. The hookups are there because she needs them.

You claim:

"She uses solar and propane for energy."  

No she doesn't.

She has no solar other than windows. She uses an ac hookup for energy. If you consider windows solar energy, that's your business. She certainly uses propane and wood.

Anyway, if people want to live that way, its their business, but be honest about it. 

To be self sufficient, if you want electricity you have two choices. You can put up a lot of solar capacity to charge batteries, or you can use your vehicles charging system to charge the batteries.  Otherwise, pull up to at least a 20 amp ac source and plug in, which is what this woman is doing.

There are no great secrets to this. 

Wrong again people that are visiting RV lots pay upwards of $900 more a month but people that are full-time members which this woman is pays probably no more than $500 a month that includes water and electricity

If you watch the video again she does have a solar panel and she uses those for electricity we needed stuff for like her cell phone a TV laptop Etc she uses propane for power wood for power stuff that is virtually zero

If she were to go off the RV lot she's simply would be completely self-sufficient basically paying only for gas which is a cost we all count for with our jobs anyway meaning she would be paying for propane possibly wood in the winter basic maintenance and if she is at a friend's house I would imagine the cost will be virtually zero

Basically the only cost she would have if not on the rv lot would be propane during 3 qtrs of the year and maybe a planet fitness to shower at...

If she added a couple more batteries and converter thts more free energy.

This is an ideological / lifestyle issue u have as u admitted.

" if ppl want to live tht way"

Better get used to it because people are not going to pay these outrageous rent prices anymore it's simply not feasible and people are going to spend basically half the time at work trying to afford rent that's f****** stupid

This gets more ridiculous as you try harder to explain it.

The problem is, you aren't capable of explaining it.

If you ever intend to try this "lifestyle," you need to acquire a ton of knowledge you evidently don't have.

I have no idea what she is paying, but if we use your number of $500/month, that is hardly what you characterized as "virtual non cost."

Do you know what a solar panel looks like?

Do you know what a skylight looks like?

They aren't the same thing.

She has a skylight which she uses as a hatch to get to her roof.  It shows up many times in the video.

There is no solar panel, nor any mention of one. Know why? Because she doesn't have one, and one wouldn't come anywhere close to supplying her needs. Not close and not cheap..

Your theory of what it would be like if she were to "go off the rv lot" is equally ignorant.

She has no electricity, so she would need to either run a generator or use a DC system charged by her tow vehicle, which by the way would have to be huge because this is one ridiculously heavy piece of...

In addition, you seem to think propane is some magically cheap, efficient fuel. It isn't. It is considerably more expensive and less efficient than either electricity or nat gas. That's why people never choose it if they have a choice.

She would need a water supply, and a place to dump her gray water system, something she has to do at her rv park as well, but she never mentions. You probably don't know this, but you can't simply dump them out.

Worse, where the hell would she put this thing other than an rv park, and from my experience, most decent rv parks would never allow that thing in their boundaries?

Put it at a "friends house" per your suggestion?

Not a chance in hell anyone would let that thing sit around outside their house for long, and let's not even talk about code issues.

Edited by sherpa

6 hours ago, sherpa said:

You misunderstood. Effectively she will be living in British Columbia, the future holy land.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

But if it's free are they really charging them?

They are but there is a deductible in the tax code of every advanced nation called the camper fee use of land rent that isn't actually rent tax credit.  

1 minute ago, meazza said:

I don't know what section 8 is but yes.

It's subsidized camper fees here in the U.S. If they have it in BC where camper fees are free then you would actually get paid by the government for occupying land. Occupy Vancouver!

1 hour ago, meazza said:

I don't know what section 8 is but yes.

This no electricity tiny house on wheels is actually better than Section 8 housing.

You stand under your skylight in front of your coffee maker on the left, with its plug in your left hand.

You place your toaster on your right, with its plug in your right hand.

Then you command: "Make coffee and toast."

The appliances say, "How."

You say it doesn't matter and get more free batteries which you aren't charging, knowing there is no chance you will ever have a wife, kids, visitors, friends, or a comfortable environment.

• Haha (+1) 2

I, for one, cannot wait to begin living in a homemade, one room shed with no shower in a trailer park, and minimizing my energy consumption to the point that I can power all of my needs with a single solar tile with no battery.

This sounds like a far better lifestyle than consistently making good life choices which allow a person to elevate their earnings to a level which puts them above quasi-homelessness.

i mean, why would a person want to make property investments, live comfortably, and raise a family when they can live in a glorified doghouse on wheels?

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I, for one, cannot wait to begin living in a homemade, one room shed with no shower in a trailer park, and minimizing my energy consumption to the point that I can power all of my needs with a single solar tile with no battery.

This sounds like a far better lifestyle than consistently making good life choices which allow a person to elevate their earnings to a level which puts them above quasi-homelessness.

i mean, why would a person want to make property investments, live comfortably, and raise a family when they can live in a glorified doghouse on wheels?

Anyone who lives the comfortable lifestyle is a racist who kills children by poisoning the environment to pursue your wasteful, gluttonous lifestyle! Do you think they like bacon too, those anti-Semetic Islamophobic, porcine-American hater?!?

Edited by Koko78
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

+1

6 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Nobody said the solar covers everything lol

Its free energy for some lighting, charging station and charging batteries.

Propane and wood for one person is extremely cheap...

Wtf else are u paying for.

Plus zero rent if u r parking wherever its legal

9 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

U r the problem with the world

8 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Nobody said the solar covers everything lol

Its free energy for some lighting, charging station and charging batteries.

Propane and wood for one person is extremely cheap...

Wtf else are u paying for.

Plus zero rent if u r parking wherever its legal

So now "solar is free energy," kind of like rv fees aren't rent.

There are no fees to purchase and install a solar system which includes panels, an inverter, a monitor and installation.

Then, of course there's that nasty little requirement to place the panel(s) in the sun, which in your non air conditioned "free" dwelling is going to heat up like Auschwitz.

In three days the dog rams a hole in the wall to escape.

In five days your incinerated, mummified remains are discovered.

The coroner comments "Just another sad, dead, tiny houser saving a few bucks a month."

For the same price, Could have joined in with a couple of roomates and lived like a human.

• Like (+1) 3

You know, calling people "dumbass" and "retard," which you have done in this thread, all the while providing an enormous amount of evidence that you have no idea what you are talking about doesn't  serve your purpose.

A reasonable person makes decisions based on knowledge and facts.

I'm guessing you have no idea about anything electric. No...I'm sure of it.

When you watch this video, which, by inference, seems to make your point, are you listening to what is being said?

The thing is putting out 7 amps.

Go into any house and look at the circuit breaker panel. 

Look at the ratings for each circuit. They are noted on each circuit breaker.

The normal minimum is 15 amps.

So....What this guy is getting is roughly one half of one circuit in any normal house.

About what you would use to power one half of one room.

If he was in a house, he would have one circuit breaker delivering one half of what any normal single circuit would have.

I don't even have a circuit in my RV that is that small.

He is using it to power an extremely small pump, and top off his batteries.

I guarantee you that if he is using his batteries, which he absolutely must if he doesn't have another source, ie., regular power,  this thing isn't going to put out near enough power to keep him alive.

Based on what you have posted in this thread, you would be a true sucker for some moron trying to sell something useless to someone stupid.

I have an electrical service monitor in my small rv. It displays voltage, freqs and amps.

Using any two items with of any power is going to be over 7 amps. 

Bang/crash/ burn.

I would never consider doing anything in any structure I intended to put anyone I loved in unless I had 20 amps, roughly three times what his little thing is putting out.

Cease this video link nonsense and admit you have no idea what you are talking about.

Still waiting for you to show me how our travelling girl has any solar in her "tiny house."

• Like (+1) 1

I understand that Matt Foley, a motivational speaker and life coach, was a popular character on SNL.

I think there's a point of confusion however.  He's not real.  He was a character played by comedian Chris Farley; and it's important to note that the comedian wasn't actually suggesting that people go live "IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!".

That's bad advice no matter how many solar panels you strap to the roof.

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I understand that Matt Foley, a motivational speaker and life coach, was a popular character on SNL.

I think there's a point of confusion however.  He's not real.  He was a character played by comedian Chris Farley; and it's important to note that the comedian wasn't actually suggesting that people go live "IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!".

That's bad advice no matter how many solar panels you strap to the roof.

And way too much shade by the river.

5 hours ago, sherpa said:

So now "solar is free energy," kind of like rv fees aren't rent.

There are no fees to purchase and install a solar system which includes panels, an inverter, a monitor and installation.

That's where the Government's Green subsidies come into play.  It's free because somebody else is paying for it

gotta think like a Progressive

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

You know, calling people "dumbass" and "retard," which you have done in this thread, all the while providing an enormous amount of evidence that you have no idea what you are talking about doesn't  serve your purpose.

When you watch this video, which, by inference, seems to make your point, are you listening to what is being said?

So....What this guy is getting is roughly one half of one circuit in any normal house.

If he was in a house, he would have one circuit breaker delivering one half of what any normal single circuit would have.

I guarantee you that if he is using his batteries, which he absolutely must if he doesn't have another source, ie., regular power,  this thing isn't going to put out near enough power to keep him alive.

Based on what you have posted in this thread, you would be a true sucker for some moron trying to sell something useless to someone stupid.

I have an electrical service monitor in my small rv. It displays voltage, freqs and amps.

Bang/crash/ burn.

I would never consider doing anything in any structure I intended to put anyone I loved in unless I had 20 amps, roughly three times what his little thing is putting out.

Cease this video link nonsense and admit you have no idea what you are talking about.

Still waiting for you to show me how our travelling girl has any solar in her "tiny house."

Reminds me of a meme from the 2016 campaign

CWohr69U8AALzYQ.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Bang/crash/ burn.

Dude ur worse than rush Limbaugh

Its embarrassing

The !@#$in guy has the solar

He bought some cheap land and has no rent

No energy cost

Idk what else to tell u

11 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

Dude ur worse than rush Limbaugh

Its embarrassing

The !@#$in guy has the solar

He bought some cheap land and has no rent

No energy cost

Idk what else to tell u

So he doesn’t pay taxes on the land he bought?

Bang/crash/ burn.

I spend a fair amount of time in Northern New Mexico.  It's kind of the "off the grid" hub of the USA.  And you know what happens with most of the people who swear they are going off the grid? They're cheating. "Earthship" homes marketed as being fully self-sufficient with gray water recovery systems never have enough water to function in the semi-arid climate. It's so bad that a visitor center at the scenic Rio Grande Gorge Bridge had to put in security to stop earthshippers from filling up huge water cooler sized drums of water from their taps.  You'll see these so-call off the grid "earthships" advertised as coming with all kinds of "supplemental" power systems, including old-fashioned gas driven generators. Even in the blazing NM sun there's not enough solar energy to power a home.  There's all kinds of off-the-gridders there, from the checked-out nuevo-hippies to retirees to hipster trust funders. For the wealthier ones, it's kind of a virtue signaling lifestyle thing. They get to act like they're totally green, and I'll give them credit; they may be 50 or even 70% green. But they're all cheating by tapping into the energy/water grid in some way. It's a matter of physics with solar energy. To live even an energy conscious but relatively normal modern life, you'd need a huge array of solar panels that almost no one can afford or would want to install since it would despoil the very views and natural setting they've come to New Mexico for.

Your argument is about lifestyle

Not whats practical or impossible

The bottom line is u can buy a tiny house or rv for way cheaper and with enough common sense and networking avoid lot fees and rent

Solar

Wood

Propane

Make your utilties virtually zero

The solar can power lights, a laptop, phone and few other things.

If you are talking about massive energy consumption of a house

Then yes of course its more difficult.

But when managed

The rent

The utilities are virtually non existent.

This is why van life is taking off...

Wages are going down with inflation

Rent and utilities are skyrocketed

Nobody is going to pay it 

Im not paying it. Im buying an rv 

5 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

The bottom line is u can buy a tiny house or rv for way cheaper and with enough common sense and networking avoid lot fees and rent

Solar

Wood

Propane

But when managed

The rent

That's what's great about this country.  You can live the RV lifestyle and I can choose a bigger house with lights on all over the place and a big garage full of fossil fuel burning toys.  That is until the leftists regain power and change the rules.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

Solar

Wood

Propane

But when managed

The rent

"Nobody goes there anymore; it's always too crowded." -- Yogi.

It never hurts to learn a little economics ... supply and demand, my friend. Supply and demand.