Kyle Williams retirement

T-Bomb

There's a way to go about this without being so extreme. Kyle was smart for not getting a penalty or worse by no retaliating.....however....as a leader, would it have been great to see him at least get in Gronk's face? You bet. But that's not his style. He's never got in the face of his own guys like Marcell and Jerry when they were being dumb, no reason to think he'd do any different with another team's guy.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Prestone Brown was standing right there.

Kyle is no where in the shot.

Kyle was 20 yards away, saw it happen, ran toward the event, slowed down, stopped and watched Gronk grinning ear-to-ear after assaulting his teammate. Does nothing to address the situation.

That's not leadership.

I'm beginning to understand why this team is so stagnant. The longest-tenured player and captain either (a) doesn't care, or (b) has no balls.

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Are you kidding me?  What do you want a 15 yard penalty for Kyle's actions.

he's smarter than that in not responding.  This isn't a street fight in high school.  It's the NFL.  Gronk's BS play was terrible, but that doesn't mean you make it worse.

The game was over at that point.  The only thing left was pride and the will to stand up for a teammate who had been viciously assaulted in plain view.  Those qualities were missing, apparently.

Edited by mannc

5 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

After watching the Gronk incident a few more times, I have lost all remaining respect I had for Kyle Williams, this player is going to retire with his tail between his legs. His will be a Schobel-like retirement, he'll go away and no one will care.

I didn't need him to take Gronk's head off, but at least get in his face and friggin say something!

Not only are Pegula's teams a disgrace to the region, the players themselves are a disgrace to their respective sports as well.  It's interesting that new veteran players from other teams on both the Sabres and the Bills act and say things differently than players who have been here a while, they can see the lack of pride in One Buffalo.  It's such a disgrace to see sports teams with no heart, It's just so "Buffalo"

This rust belt region could really use their sports teams to help lift the veil of dreariness, but said teams are failing on an epic scale.

Do threads like this arise because people are just bored? Is a more a trolling thing? I'm AMAZED of some of the comments people think... let alone actually take the time to write/start a thread and commit these asinine thoughts to the interests. Just WOW!!! SMH....

Edited by gobills1212

I don't understand why you would want our leaders encouraging 15 yard penalties...

If so, I sure hope you never complained about Rex's "bully" team leading the league in penalties and shooting ourselves in the foot on every good drive.

29 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I'm beginning to understand why this team is so stagnant. The longest-tenured player and captain either (a) doesn't care, or (b) has no balls.

^^^

This

Same goes for the Sabres too, Buffalo teams are full of pushover chumps.

Edited by T-Bomb

2 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

^^^

This

Same goes for the Sabres too, Buffalo teams are full of pushover chumps.

5x Pro Bowler 

all time Bills DT sack leader

Most games played by a Bills DT

Team captain for years

Hit Brady all day yesterday

Does so much for the community

But please keep ripping on a future Wall of Famer because you're butthurt we didn't start a pointless fight. 

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

5x Pro Bowler 

Team captain for years

But please keep ripping on a future Wall of Famer because you're butthurt we didn't start a pointless fight. 

Blah.  He's sucked all year.  He's been part of exactly one winning Bills team.  I'm ready to move on to someone better.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

5x Pro Bowler 

Team captain for years

Prow bowls, future wall of famer...  And?

What did Marv say that one time?  Something to the effect of not wanting players that go to the pro bowl in lieu of players that go to the super bowl? 

6 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

5x Pro Bowler 

Team captain for years

Great player. But yesterday was an example of why he should not be captain of this team and will likely not be here in 2018.

17 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

5x Pro Bowler 

Team captain for years

And where did I say I wanted him to start a fight?

He jogged up to Gronk and then put his penis away...  This is a common problem with Buffalo teams, too ok with being doormats.

Edited by T-Bomb

15 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Blah.  He's sucked all year.  He's been part of exactly one winning Bills team.  I'm ready to move on to someone better.

I wouldn't say "sucked," I would say age has caught up to him. He still can get the QB, but his run stuffing has fallen off.

14 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Prow bowls, future wall of famer...  And?

What did Marv say that one time?  Something to the effect of not wanting players that go to the pro bowl in lieu of players that go to the super bowl? 

What more do you want? Do these achievements not count?

11 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Great player. But yesterday was an example of why he should not be captain of this team and will likely not be here in 2018.

Kyle earned being a captain for his leadership, hard work and attitude. I agree he will not be here in 2018 (retirement or trade to a contender a la Wilfork). But he's certainly earned being a captain to everyone except a select "special" few. 

3 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

And where did I say I wanted him to start a fight?

He jogged up to Gronk and then put his penis away...  This is a common problem with Buffalo teams, too ok with being doormats.

Then what the hell did you want him to do? If he starts an altercation we will say, half this board would have lost their minds and started threads on why McD has no control/Bills are sore losers/Retaliation isnt the process/etc. If he doesn't, people like you complain. Which is it?

6 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

Not only are Pegula's teams a disgrace to the region, the players themselves are a disgrace to their respective sports as well.  

I mean, this is just too extreme to respond to rationally.  Such hyperbole.

Maybe take another day or two before starting a thread next time.  Breathe deep and focus.

2 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Some of you guys are certainly rooting for the right team.

I guess Kyle should have ran across the field and thrown a haymaker at that complete physical mutant Gronk like a couple of sixth graders on the playground?

What in the hell are you armchair tough guys looking for?  Just some general meaningless pushing and shoving to improve optics?  I'm legitimately curious.  What would have been enough?  Swinging on Gronk and facing suspension for it, or pushing without any real intent of doing anything so that he at least looks like he cares?

Edited by Hurricane Marv

6 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

After watching the Gronk incident a few more times, I have lost all remaining respect I had for Kyle Williams, this player is going to retire with his tail between his legs. His will be a Schobel-like retirement, he'll go away and no one will care.

I didn't need him to take Gronk's head off, but at least get in his face and friggin say something!

Not only are Pegula's teams a disgrace to the region, the players themselves are a disgrace to their respective sports as well.  It's interesting that new veteran players from other teams on both the Sabres and the Bills act and say things differently than players who have been here a while, they can see the lack of pride in One Buffalo.  It's such a disgrace to see sports teams with no heart, It's just so "Buffalo"

This rust belt region could really use their sports teams to help lift the veil of dreariness, but said teams are failing on an epic scale.

I couldn't disagree more.  It was those idiotic responses that got this team in repeated trouble.  He's not a 10 year old with a low IQ, we's a paid pro.  Where in any normal society is it ok to stoop to the brainless sack-of-**** level that useless douche bag Gronkowski exists at?  I;ll answer for you:  "it's not ok"  it's moronic.  Let his act of shitforbrains, 37 IQ, douche baggery stand alone.  I saw nothing wrong with this team's response. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Frankly the response was not only professional, but probably smart.  I can only imagine players running up to Gronk like "nope".  He's zombie Mountain from Game of Thrones.  It was a horribly dirty play that I hope he gets suspended for, but what is anybody going to really do to that guy?  Love tap him to show you're really serious?

• Sad 1