Kyle Williams retirement

T-Bomb

3 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

I saw nothing wrong with this team's response.

Then Buffalo fans really are conditioned to be alright with losers and garbage on the fields of play...

Edited by T-Bomb
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

Then Buffalo fans really are conditioned to be alright with losers and garbage on the fields of play...

You've checked off like every possible example of over the top Buffalo gloom extremism in this thread.  May as well just make some sweeping generalizations about Buffalo women and nightlife to ensure that you cover everything.

7 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Then what the hell did you want him to do? If he starts an altercation we will say, half this board would have lost their minds and started threads on why McD has no control/Bills are sore losers/Retaliation isnt the process/etc. If he doesn't, people like you complain. Which is it?

This is an absurd assertion.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

You've checked off like every possible example of over the top Buffalo gloom extremism in this thread.  May as well just make some sweeping generalizations about Buffalo women and nightlife to ensure that you cover everything.

As long as Pegula keeps building stuff, I guess most fans will just be happy their teams haven't moved.  Strive for existence, that's the Buffalo way it seems...

Babcock sure made the right call...

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

What in the hell are you armchair tough guys looking for?  Just some general meaningless pushing and shoving to improve optics?  I'm legitimately curious.  What would have been enough?  Swinging on Gronk and facing suspension for it, or pushing without any real intent of doing anything so that he at least looks like he cares?

Either option would have been more acceptable than the tail-between-legs-thank-you-sir-may-i-have-another action they took.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Either option would have been more acceptable than the tail-between-legs-thank-you-sir-may-i-have-another action they took.

You can get into a pointless shoving match and still effectively carry your tail between your legs and not really mean anything by it because you a.) care about your career / paycheck and don't actually want to fight and /or b.) don't want to legitimately start something with a guy that seemingly stepped out of a comic book.

So ultimately you guys just care about optics.  You wanted 10 seconds of meaningless patty cake.  Another moral victory for bored Bills fans basically, but those that understand why they didn't fight are the losers that willingly accept a mediocre product.  Got it...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

You can get into a pointless shoving match and still effectively carry your tail between your legs and not really mean anything by it because you a.) care about your career / paycheck and don't actually want to fight and /or b.) don't want to legitimately start something with a guy that seemingly stepped out of a comic book.

So ultimately you guys just care about optics.  You wanted 10 seconds of meaningless patty cake.  Another moral victory for bored Bills fans basically, but those that understand why they didn't fight are the losers that willingly accept a mediocre product.  Got it...

And you would prefer our players being indifferent cuckolds. Well, I'm sure you love this team then.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

And you would prefer our players being indifferent cuckolds. Well, I'm sure you love this team then.

Ah, an alt-right buzzword being used as an insult.  That didn't take long, guess there's no real need for a conversation then.  Angry boy who uses an angry boy avatar to display his anger is angry.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Hurricane Marv said:

Ah, an alt-right buzzword being used as an insult.  That didn't take long, guess there's no real need for a conversation then.  Angry boy who uses an angry boy avatar to display his anger is angry.

What the hell are you talking about? Good Lord.

• Haha (+1) 1

So of all the players on the team you single out the most respected and tenured one? Because he didn't run across the field and deliver a Hulk Hogan-style leg-drop on Gronk? This team is coached to keep their composure, this isn't Club Rex anymore. Retaliation would've caused penalties for them, and I guess it didn't matter anyway because they ended up being penalized when it was all said and done, which is ridiculous because they basically said, "55, Buffalo, hurt the officials feelings and this takes precedence over the cheapshot and head injury that just happened so, uh, yeah..." I mean, honestly it looked like they weren't even gonna throw the flag until P. Brown and T. Elston looked at the nearest official like, "WTF?!" and then the flag came out. I dunno what Hughes said but I don't really care because the officials botched that entire situation and should receive discipline from the league. But this is the Bills we have here so clearly Gronk will be let off the hook, that officiating squad will be selected for Super Bowl duty and Hughes will be fined some moronic amount for mouthing off. 

7 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

After watching the Gronk incident a few more times, I have lost all remaining respect I had for Kyle Williams, this player is going to retire with his tail between his legs. His will be a Schobel-like retirement, he'll go away and no one will care.

I didn't need him to take Gronk's head off, but at least get in his face and friggin say something!

Not only are Pegula's teams a disgrace to the region, the players themselves are a disgrace to their respective sports as well.  It's interesting that new veteran players from other teams on both the Sabres and the Bills act and say things differently than players who have been here a while, they can see the lack of pride in One Buffalo.  It's such a disgrace to see sports teams with no heart, It's just so "Buffalo"

This rust belt region could really use their sports teams to help lift the veil of dreariness, but said teams are failing on an epic scale.

I agree that the Pegulas are a joke and could care less about what they've done for the area in terms of business investments. They are terrible sports owners and are going to suck the Bills further down the NFL abyss and rival the Sabres who are hands down the worst team in the NHL.

But as for KW, hard to say he's a disgrace just because he didn't retaliate for that stupid play. And we all know this is his last season, at least with Buffalo so no need to tarnish it with something like that.

Bottom line with this entire team though is they are soft, including Eric Wood and I'm perplexed why this new regime already did an extension with him because like most holdover veterans he needs to go.

6 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Bottom line with this entire team though is they are soft, including Eric Wood and I'm perplexed why this new regime already did an extension with him because like most holdover veterans he needs to go.

That extension is mind boggling.

And I'm targeting Kyle Williams, because he saw the play, ran all the way to Gronk, then did nothing... 

He's the most well respected "leader" of this team.  If he's the best leader the Bills have, then there is no wonder why they have sucked for so long... 

This is much better than the fight they would have had on the field.  Hasn't it been clear for years that Bills players collect paychecks, not wins?  We need to bring in players with some fire, who truly want to win, and who don't continually draw harmful penalties (Hughes - who I do like because he's one of the few who shows he cares).

Teams like the Steelers and Patriots win Superbowls by being gritty, dirty teams. The Bills can’t even sniff the playoffs because they won’t even retaliate. 

This is isn’t just McDermott’s fault. The Bills have always been like this. Landry still walks tall after targeting Williams. Ward purposely went at EJ knees when he could’ve just pushed him out of bounds. Yeah, not being classless has gotten us real far.

38 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I hope they knock Brady out next game, put a bounty on him, try to end his career. Hit him early and often.

You want to hurt the boston pasties, hurt Tommy, not Robby.  Did it dawn on anyone that maybe Kyle didn't see the hit? Pitts & Brown were right there and all they could muster was the phantom flag throw. We'll get our shot in a couple weeks. Where's Greg Williams when you need him.